Author Topic: QQ  (Read 7992 times)

Martin

QQ
« on: May 23, 2009, 11:11:40 am »
OK, for those that do not know, there is an instant messaging program widely used in China.  This program is called QQ.  For those that remember ICQ, this program is pretty similar.  QQ is a big deal in China.  You can get an English version of QQ.  Here are the details of how to get QQ downloaded, and then how to get your own QQ number (QQ ID).

Sylvain Delambily wroteon February 21, 2009 at 4:52am
http://www.imqq.com/download.shtml, then download it.
Once installed, just load it.
Do you have an account?
http://signup.qq.com/

So,after, it's just like Msn, icq and more I.M
Right Click on "Friends",
Add a contact
Type her Idd.
That's all done ;)

That was taken from our old facebook group.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 10:19:08 am by Martin »

Chet Sams

RE: QQ
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 01:06:47 pm »
Been there already on it. Even though i hate the icq format. But QQ isnt that bad either.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 01:07:04 pm by Chet Sams »

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009, 01:55:05 pm »
Thanks martin

Offline UK Mark

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2009, 02:17:21 pm »
Thx Martin
Dreams can come true

Offline Skip

• Foreign Explorer
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2009, 02:19:29 pm »
http://www.imqq.com/download.shtml, then download it.
Once installed, just load it.
Do you have an account?
http://signup.qq.com/

So,after, it's just like Msn, icq and more I.M
Right Click on "Friends",
Add a contact
Type her Idd.
That's all done ;)[/align][/quote]

That was taken from our old facebook group.
[/quote]

I believe, that hyperlink is to download the 2005 version.  The information I see on my screen doesn't look like Chinese or English...It looks like GREEK!  I have searched Face Book for QQ all I see is some qq friends lists.  I am familiar with Google IM.  Does anyone happen to know of an entry level info. site for qq which will actually lead someone through the process?

Thanks
Skip

Offline Skip

• Foreign Explorer
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2009, 03:01:03 pm »
Quote from: 'mpo4747' pid='3595' dateline='1243104582'

I suppose you could start here

http://www.imqq.com/

There is a download button, as well as a register ID button

for QQ 2009

Mike

I have downloaded the program and have an ID number.  That's not the problem.  I don't understand how the program works structurally--or how it interfaces with other chat; i.e., google, yahoo etc.

Thanks for your imput,

Skip
Skip

Offline Jadams79

• http://www.myspace.com/norric_mitori
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2009, 04:07:15 pm »
Quote from: 'mpo4747' pid='3595' dateline='1243104582'

I have downloaded the program and have an ID number.  That's not the problem.  I don't understand how the program works structurally--or how it interfaces with other chat; i.e., google, yahoo etc.

Thanks for your imput,

Skip

It does not interface at all with yahoo, ICQ, MSN it works like any other chat software available on the internet.  Add friends, chat away.
Can't fix stupid.

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2009, 01:16:24 am »
Dinger is right, it is the biggest chat in China. i use it with the web cam.  Nice little program.  we can chat and see each other, hear voice etc. All for free. I think the 2009 version is a beta, but it works fine. For older web cams you need to update the software for your cam. For yahoo, you need to update to yahoo IM v9
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Offline Peter

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2009, 02:05:56 am »
One thing that I did was to block everyone else except my Lady and friends... Otherwise you will have a lot of requests from people that want to be you friend.. Do it by chose Privacy in Settings and mark No one can add me as a contact... Otherwise you will have a lot of people knocking on your door...
Better to be married to a wife from Changsha then have 7000 women in Chnlove

Offline Joshua Smith

• Eastern Scorpion
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2009, 09:55:24 pm »
I've had QQ even before it was discussed on the old Facebook site. :icon_cheesygrin: If any of you want to exchange QQ ID#'s, PM me.
"I'm somewhere where I don't know where I am."   ~ Homer Simpson ~
"Everything is something."   ~ Marge Simpson ~

Offline zook144

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2009, 01:02:12 pm »
I downloaded the 2009 english beta version of QQ. I could not find the exact site I downloaded it from, but it works great.
The lady I am talking with wouldn't use anything else, so I had to use it.  Not much different from yahoo in my humble opinion.
The video screens are a little different, but really is clearer than when I use yahoo.
Don
The Journey Is The Destination

Offline Joshua Smith

• Eastern Scorpion
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2009, 12:22:21 am »
haha, nice one Vince.

Yeah Dan, I like QQ a lot too but I find there are a lot of error messages telling me my message wasn't received. Jessie and I use Skype for webcam/mic conversations and usually QQ for text only.
"I'm somewhere where I don't know where I am."   ~ Homer Simpson ~
"Everything is something."   ~ Marge Simpson ~

Offline zook144

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2009, 12:45:26 am »
i haven't had any error messages as of yet on QQ.  Tonight my camera wouldn't work though.  Have 2 computers and couldn't get either camera to work.  Very frustrating talk I had tonight.  More so for her, I could see her, but she couldn't see me. I have skype also (I think I have them all) and it works pretty good. Only talked to one person, though, that used it.
The Journey Is The Destination

Martin

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2009, 09:38:15 am »
Zook...this might be an easy fix.  You need to change your settings so that QQ is pointing at your camera/mic.  To do this, make sure you are not using your mic/cam, as it won't work if either are being used, or trying to be used.

Beside the mic button is a pulldown arrow.  And also beside the camera button is a pulldown.  Either one should work.  Use the pull down menu, and click on Video Settings...or Audio Settings...depending on which one you clicked.  Go through this, and make sure the right things are clicked..meaning, that it is all pointing to your web cam, and your mic.  In my case, my camera and mic are part of the same unit.

Once you are done this, try connecting again.  Failing this, check your firewall settings.

Offline Wilfred Motosue

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2009, 05:32:44 pm »
Quote from: 'zook144' pid='5946' dateline='1245344532'

I downloaded the 2009 english beta version of QQ. I could not find the exact site I downloaded it from, but it works great.
The lady I am talking with wouldn't use anything else, so I had to use it.  Not much different from yahoo in my humble opinion.
The video screens are a little different, but really is clearer than when I use yahoo.
Don

zook144
When I try to get an ID , it's always busy and say to "try again" . I've tried many, many times. How did you get yours please? Thanks.