Author Topic: Nick names for the guy's from us  (Read 9743 times)

David5o

RE: Nick names for the guy's from us
« Reply #75 on: August 09, 2009, 05:17:39 pm »
I don't know about being the best, ...but it does make you think, from such a small Island, It's language is the primary languge used in America, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and as a Second language in too many counties to list. On top of that, it's used as a template for international laws and contracts, Is spoken by more forgein nationals than all other languages combined, and it currently has more people learning English as a forgein language, than all other languages combined. That little Island just off Europe, hasn't done bad for it's self when you think about it, ....has it??

David....
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 06:40:49 pm by David5o »

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #76 on: August 09, 2009, 06:34:37 pm »
Quote from: 'maxx' pid='11846' dateline='1249842392'

Come on Willy don't let them talk aout England like that.

I am used to the English bashing now.   A few years ago it was the smokers who were the villains in films - now it is always an Englishman.

I am also old enough to remember when England ruled a good part of the world and it was only when King George decided to give independence to America that we were relieved of a mighty load of future problems.

We kept Canada a while longer but could see no possible use for the lands below it so we just gave it up. Of course we had to put up a token fight to make it look as if we wanted to hold onto it.  But that was just a ruse to get rid of it.

As for Australia and New Zealand well they were just too far to travel  to for afternoon tea.

But it always the same in this world, the previous servants attacking the former masters!

Willy

Then we get former Scottish gentlemen who decide that being south of the border is far better than living to the North.   And this was after we gave then their own Parliament,  but ieven that failed to entice many of them to return to the Highlands.

At least there are no Welsh on here to have a go at us as well.

Willy

[/quote]

And do you know why the USA was the 'best country in the world'  it is because we gave it a good foundation during our rule.  Now look what has happened!!!

Willy
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 06:46:05 pm by Willy The Londoner »
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #77 on: August 09, 2009, 08:00:29 pm »
Willy
You might be fooled by the Aussie flag on my profile...but I was born in Wales...so let me say that all you "other" Poms are only a mongrel mixture of all the barbarians and no-hopers from Europe...while the Real English people, the original Celts ,all decided to retreat to the West of the Island ...to get a bit of peace and civilisation !!!!

Even the Romans couldnt conquer us lot !!

Davydd

David5o

« Reply #78 on: August 09, 2009, 09:01:56 pm »
David,

Is that so??
Why is it then, that you have been under English rule ever since ?? I can think of at least 3 times you lot got a right old bashing.You lot have been pretty meek since then ...No problems at all!!  hahaha!!

David....

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #79 on: August 10, 2009, 04:20:15 pm »
Hey David5o, have you listened to an American lately? I won't call most of it English.

Willy, what are you talking about?, your Chinese.

From what the English say what was left after the Americas were founded was shipped off to Aussie land :icon_cheesygrin:, but then again, the English haven't been able to hold on to much of thier Empire.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 04:21:34 pm by MLM »
TIME IS THE TELLER OF ALL TRUTHS AND THE HEALER OF ALL HURTS

Offline ahkiwi

« Reply #80 on: August 10, 2009, 04:29:26 pm »
Quote from: 'Willy The Londoner' pid='11896' dateline='1249857277'

As for Australia and New Zealand well they were just too far to travel  to for afternoon tea.

Thank god for that

:P

Quote from: 'Willy The Londoner' pid='11896' dateline='1249857277'
At least there are no Welsh on here to have a go at us as well.

Hey, watch it!
Pity there's no way to attach 3 hours of Welsh television on here ...
World Famous in New Zealand since ages ago.

Ali (???)
QQ: 860848209

David5o

« Reply #81 on: August 10, 2009, 04:45:59 pm »
MM,

Tell me about it, won't be long before we'll be seeing Elephants on our Farms in UK.
The last time i went home i visited a friend in hospital, i just happened to look at the public notice board, ....coudn't read a word that was posted!!

Oh, and to your last remark!, ......Longer than you've been a sovereign country !!!!  lol!!

David......

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #82 on: August 10, 2009, 05:16:35 pm »
David5, I'm ROFLMAO, you Britts are so damned funny, the best Britt I know of was Benny Hill  :icon_cheesygrin:
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 05:16:49 pm by MLM »

David5o

« Reply #83 on: August 10, 2009, 05:38:30 pm »
MM,

Yeah he was funny in his day, ...Always Original!!
But we had quite a few Good Comedians, around that time, thinking of the ones in his era,  ... there was Tommy Cooper, Ronnie Barker, both just as good in there own right... Funny though, i can't remember any more names, but i know it was a golden era for UK comeadians for around 10 years...
Then there was the TV comedy series, you must of heard of ''only fools and horses'' , another was ''Till Death do us part'' ..you Yanks copied that one, ( think you called it ''Archie'' or something.) then there was ''Steptoe and Son''

Try Googling them, ...haha!! Especially the Only fools and horses movie length episodes that were released as Xmas specials every year. If you find them, look for the superman one, now that one was funny.....

David....
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 05:40:45 pm by David5o »

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #84 on: August 10, 2009, 05:57:10 pm »
will do David5, I've nothin else to do for 3 more weeks LOL.
I will go have a look though, thanks.

David5o

« Reply #85 on: August 10, 2009, 06:30:17 pm »
MM,

What you mean haven't got nothing else to do???  Get out there and catch some bad guys!!

Can't call yourself the Dog, if you ain't out there snapping at some bad guys ankles mate!! get off your arse, and get sniffing!!   haha!!

David.....
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 08:35:04 pm by David5o »

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #86 on: August 10, 2009, 06:47:59 pm »
David, for some reason today was a very easy day, we cought 3 bad guys today, I think it is because it was almost 99 degrees  here, to hot for them to be out running around so we found all three of them at thier homes we were done by noon today, woof woof, tomorrow should be just as good, it will be 101 they are saying, but I meant I have nothing to do while the wife and kids are gone.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 06:49:16 pm by MLM »