Author Topic: Anyone's help would be GREATLY appreciated  (Read 5368 times)

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
Re: Anyone's help would be GREATLY appreciated
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2010, 04:32:55 am »
To Ms/Mr..Dragonladies.org

First...it would be nice if you told us a bit about youyrself in your profile...bit anonymous so far...yes??

Second, James has explained about the situation vis-a-vis his lady....she does not seem at all like a freeloader to me.

Divorce in China is very cheap...if both parties agree to it, but in James situation, his Lady's ex does not want to divorce...so it gets just as expensive and complex as it is for us "Westerners"

I personally got to the point of despair over my Ming's refusal to accept gifts and/or financial assistance, she works all hours God sends for a pittance and I wanted her to ease off and let me take over some of her finances...no show, she wouldnt have it until we were actually married. So I conclude that this reluctance to appear dependant is an honest effort to show that most of these Ladies are trying to find a future husband, not a Bank Account.

Yes, I know there are bad apples out there...been there, done that, but if all we ever do is turn over rocks looking for scorpions, then I guess we will find them, but we will miss a lot of butterflies by not looking in nicer places.

In any event, its all a risk management process and so far I dont see many red-flags for James, especially considering that he has met and has been endorsed by the family...seems a massive conspiracy if ALL of them are involved !!!!

So if James now changes into a suspicious, furtive and cynical "prospector", then I feel he will lose something good.

Sometimes we just gotta go with the flow and read the signals....they are not all dragons out there as many of us have discovered.

Keep going James.........stay positive.

Cheers...DavidE

Offline JamesM.Roberts

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2010, 05:24:43 am »
Thanks for having my back David, as it means a lot to me :D Unfortunately I have already been the cynical "prospector" :(.  I was while I was in Nanning (now I feel totally ashamed) I had heard the horror stories, and my beloved had withheld the truth from me.
So when I was in Nanning, and she was showing me love and kindness, I was keeping one hand on my wallet, and wondering what her angle was. I have since apologized (repeatedly)for my behavior.  I have come to realize that our language barriers, and the differences in our customs and culture led to many missteps.
It seems we all are "conditioned" -she has been "conditioned" by her ex and society and believes she is not worthy, and I have been "conditioned" by what I have read on the internet and my ex, and believed everything was a scam or digging gold.  (My ex-I swear I could have bought her the Taj Mahal and she would have said"It's awfully white" )
I know noone is perfect (especially myself), but I know I will consider myself lucky to find true love in my lifetime, and friends like I have found here. Thanks James
Anyone can pick up an apple off the ground, but the sweeter ones take a little work to get to!!

ttwjr32

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2010, 08:58:51 am »
 James,

take everything with a grain of salt what dragon ladies said. like David said if you keep looking for and
thinking bad or second guessing everything it will do absolutely no good for the relationship. just continue
as is and see were the road takes you.

let me give you a case in point--- when i decided 10 years ago to start traveling to China and living for 3
months and 6 months at a time i was told by many people at the time on different forums to stay away from
Changsha,Nanning,Yunan . and i did because they all said the women there are goldiggers,two timers and so on and
so forth.

well i know know of 8 people in calif who married ladies from here and there are people here on this forum who
have married ladies from there. just goes to show you how people can influence stupid decisions on your part.
now i have been to Nanning with my wife and its a beautiful city and enjoyed my stay. but what if i was talking with
a lady from there? it would have probably had me wreck the relationshio because you get these stupid thoughts in
your mind and you totally overthink it.

just go with it right now and i wish you the best. sounds like from what you said she is a good lady who is just
caught up in the prejudice ways of china towards women on how they get nothing and the man keeps everything.
if she is willing to walk from it all the divorce can be had quite easily here in china. she will have to state that and
it will become part of the record. she doesnt even need him there.

Offline kenny

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2010, 09:34:38 am »
James,

You are in the right place to get answers to your questions. Max suggested that your girl have a lawyer from China. The laywer that I used and is still working on the green card is from Beijing but also spends time in Nanning. I have a dis taste for laywers but he has done a good job I think. He speaks good english as well, if you would like to contact him his email is visaschina@yahoo.com. If he can not help you maybe he has contacts in Nanning.

Good Luck
Kenny

« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 09:36:39 am by kenny »

Offline dragonladies.org

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2010, 07:56:47 pm »
Good luck, James.   

What confused me was this sentence...

MY beloved has stated that she is willing to walk away from the car and houses.
      I guess that means 'car and houses' in HK?

Just take your time.  If she, or the family, isn't hitting you up for money now, that's good.    Take your time.   Do a k1 when it's time.   

About my being somewhat anonymous, I do it for the protection of my family.
Due to the nature of the site I run, some people are not happy with me.
Some people even form opinions about me before I even say something.   :)

My only agenda is find and publish info about scams.    If I've stepped into some ongoing feud.....I don't have time to waste on it. 

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2010, 09:53:23 pm »
About my being somewhat anonymous, I do it for the protection of my family.
Due to the nature of the site I run, some people are not happy with me.
Some people even form opinions about me before I even say something.   :)

My only agenda is find and publish info about scams.    If I've stepped into some ongoing feud.....I don't have time to waste on it.

You are more than welcome here!

Offline JamesM.Roberts

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2010, 05:36:03 am »
First and foremost-I want EVERYONE to know how much I appreciate their help and opinions. Like I have said before - I came to this site to learn. I wish I could state that I was an expert on Chinese customs and culture, and that I knew everything there was to know, about Chinese women.....but I'm not.
I appreciate everyone here and all the advice -I feel EVERYONE here has my back. Thanks your friend James Roberts
Anyone can pick up an apple off the ground, but the sweeter ones take a little work to get to!!

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2010, 02:48:34 pm »
When I met my now wife she was in fact still married. Her husband had gone off many years previous and she always refused to divorce him.  Then I came along and she decided that maybe she did want a divorce although we did live together we married. 

Fortunately her former husband said yes and she went off to her home city and three days later was back with her divorce papers.  Cost me money no. Quite the opposite.  I probably saved 30 or 40,000 rmb's.
But that is another story but it saved more than enough to pay for our current trip to UK.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

ttwjr32

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2010, 06:44:05 pm »
 well if the uk authorities allow you out of the country, when you get back it would
 be nice to tell all members about your trip and your wifes first trip out of china. along
with the pics of the trip

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2010, 07:35:33 pm »
well if the uk authorities allow you out of the country, when you get back it would
 be nice to tell all members about your trip and your wifes first trip out of china. along
with the pics of the trip

Wholeheartedly agree Ted... ;D ;D