Author Topic: Lost for Words.  (Read 1239 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Soon the Family will be Complete.
  • She Was A Wonderful Wife
    • Jim N Libo
Lost for Words.
« on: September 16, 2010, 08:51:17 pm »
Well the ex for some reason has no telephone now. So I have not talked to my girls for more than 2 weeks now.
and I guess I am a little more bummed about it than I thought.
As everyone knows we hope to know my wifes interview date any day now. And like many we save as much as we can for the trip home. My wife She knows this.
But she has no idea the cost of a trip to the US and back. She forgets the 1000 is dollars not rmb. But today she comes to me and tells me.
Why don't you let me go to work I will earn some money and you go see your girls.
Man I was lost for words I had no reply all I could do was grab her and hug her.  No one has ever cared about my feelings like this before.
I have always had an American wife and they only know how to take. I told her no her interview is possibly to close now and I will wait until we go together.

But I did tell it truly is the nicest thing anyone has ever wanted to do for me.
Jimmy Henson

Offline mustfocus

Re: Lost for Words.
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 09:42:16 pm »
That's a very nice sentiment.  One thing you have to remember is that family is a big part of chinese culture.  Not being able to talk to family is very hard for all chinese people.  So I'm sure she can empathize with you not being able to talk to your daughters.

Hopefully your wife's interview is soon and you'll get your answer shortly thereafter.
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 09:55:58 pm »
I agree with what mustfocus said...hopefully you will hear something soon, so you can return home, and see your girls.

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 03:01:30 am »
Ditto above comments mate...It all takes time and patience :)

Offline JamesM.Roberts

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2010, 10:56:38 am »
Sorry to hear that you cannot contact your daughters-I know that must be very hard for you, but I agree with everyone here, and say "Stay the course"
I do not know your ex, but I do know mine...... and although my ex was not happy with me, she seems more worried about me NOT being happy with someone else(American also)
Strange feeling isn't it, to finally have someone who is willing to sacrifice their own happiness, for the sake of yours.  Your Friend James
Anyone can pick up an apple off the ground, but the sweeter ones take a little work to get to!!

ttwjr32

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2010, 06:50:45 pm »
 Jimmy,

Just another thing they do that makes us love them even more.  :)

and as far as your ex  what does she think she is accomplishing by being
so childish and imature, keeping your girls from speaking to you.

Offline Jimmy

• Soon the Family will be Complete.
  • She Was A Wonderful Wife
    • Jim N Libo
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2010, 09:43:11 pm »
Jimmy,

Just another thing they do that makes us love them even more.  :)

and as far as your ex  what does she think she is accomplishing by being
so childish and immature, keeping your girls from speaking to you.
Ted I wish I knew.
All I can figure is she is doing it right now, because she can.
I guess she tends to forget. I am not here permanently.
And she also forgets to read the divorce papers, She has the girls because I have allowed it. I do have 100% custody of them. It is not shared. And when my wife and I return home. I will go get them and bring them home. This will never happen again. I have never kept them from her and I never will. But I will also not give her the chance to do this again. And if miss them very much, So push a little harder I will come get them now. My wife and I have talked about it a lot she is prepared if I must go to ge them.

Jimmy Henson