Author Topic: UK - 10 days too long!  (Read 1793 times)

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
UK - 10 days too long!
« on: September 19, 2010, 11:36:26 am »
We are both looking forward to Tuesday. That is the day we fly out of London to return home.  10 days in the UK is far too long for me.  We have done all ther tourist bits.
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

ttwjr32

Re: UK - 10 days too long!
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 07:59:19 pm »
Well i must say she looks very happy ;D  but Willy you look as though someone
stole your cookie  ::) ::)

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 08:56:12 pm »
We are both looking forward to Tuesday. That is the day we fly out of London to return home.  10 days in the UK is far too long for me.  We have done all ther tourist bits.

Is that IT !!! :o :o :o

Everyone else when they go on a trip give some sort of detailed description of their jouney.  The plane ride, the airport lounge, the arrival in the Country, the staring...hahaha

And all we get from you is the above mentioned sentence.  hahahahaha :D :D

Only joking mate, hope she enjoyed the delights which are the UK
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 12:09:05 am by Scottish_Rob »

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 09:50:22 pm »
You two look happy.  It must be such a special and exciting time for your wife to see England.   I imagine she enjoyed some good food and saw some wonderful sights.  Enjoy it and safe journeys.
...as irresistible as chocolate

• Board Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 05:16:35 am »
Not a lot to say.  Only that she was pleased to have been to UK.  Me I have been there so many times.  She has not eaten properly since arriving here. She dislikes fish and chips and kebabs.  She was only 93lbs when we arrived but have no idea how much she lost in that time.  We went to at least 14 chinese restaurants but not found one that had the food that we would normally eat in China.  All they had was  Engish food cooked in a Chinese style.  And not that many did not speak the same Chinese dialect as my wife.!!!! 

She was amused by the fact that until we got to the tourist areas there was hardly any people walking on the ordinary streets and also a complete lack of bikes.  She was also amazed at the number of road rage incidents that we saw on a daily basis.  If only these idiots could spend a day driving in China they would know what patience is.  And the rage is not restricted to the roads.  There is nothing worse than large mouthy immigrant women with attitudes, on the buses and tube(Subway ).  They complain about everything and what everyone else does and then stick their shopping bags on the seat next to them.   But them who would want to sit next to them and their mouths!

London - thank god this is my last trip here.   My advice to anyone visiting then give London the barest attention you can.

Willy

Willy The Lpndoner

rockycoon

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010, 02:11:42 am »
Well Shaun, you could move to Saudi Arabia and marry both or all, don't they have plurel marrages there.  Make them sell furniture for you for a year then get them a husband... ;D  Nice to see you both together, how's your chopstick routine working?  ya used to using them yet?...I am so glad your still in there and
kicking.  You can come and help put up sheetrock and the finish plumbing if your bored.... ;D

Willie, couldnt you find a gal with bigger ta-ta's to get your picture taken with, guess in merry old Englind they don't know what those are, as by the statue
the artist didn't know ether...he must have hung out on the other end of town.... ;D  Your wife is looking happy - does she have your credit card in her purse?
(lets see, where to shop first... ;D)
By the way, your looking younger in that picture. do they photo shop in london also? :o ;)

ttwjr32

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2010, 02:25:09 am »
Rocky,

ta ta,s thats a hell of a statement to make?? And what does Shaun have to do with this thread??? hahaha

as far as Willy looking younger he had a makeover done before he went there. When he comes to Guangzhou
before the make over and the wind blows the rug off, it looks like a skunk running down the sidewalk. I never have seen
so many chinese people move so fast when he is chasing the hair rug.

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2010, 08:30:15 pm »
When he comes to Guangzhou
before the make over and the wind blows the rug off, it looks like a skunk running down the sidewalk. I never have seen

Sorry Willy but.............HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
Ted, thats funny!! ;D ;D

Dave C
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2010, 12:22:46 am »
Rocky,

ta ta,s thats a hell of a statement to make?? And what does Shaun have to do with this thread??? hahaha

as far as Willy looking younger he had a makeover done before he went there. When he comes to Guangzhou

Ted...That was not really nice... :o

BUT, it was REALLY FUNNY Hahahahahaha :D :D

OOpps sorry Willy

rockycoon

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2010, 10:54:49 pm »
I hear its kept in a cage by the front door, in case of visitors....sorry willy.... ;D ;D

• Board Moderator
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2010, 02:11:27 am »
Ok so what did my wife say about the UK.  Basically she like the country but does not want to live there.

The prices are too expensive and in her words she would need almost perfect English to live there as she would not want to rely on me to be with her everywhere she went.

She also said that maybe she could make friends with Chinese people already living there.  Where do you find them if you are in areas where there are not too many.  Many Chinese people do not want to associate with others they class as coming from the countryside.    My wife is a country girl but although she has lived in the city for many years she is still a country girl.

She feels that many of the women leaving China to live in places they have never lived in before are going to be have problems adjusting.  The western ideas of keeping in contact with families are not in the main so strong as in China.

Me I am glad that she feels that way as on this visit to the UK I closed all the avenues left open to me and must admit that I was a little concerned about whether she would ask if we could live there or not.   But no worry, she has already asked if our next holiday could be in Guillin.

My friends and relatives were captivated with her and she used her 'little English' as often as she could.   They cannot understand why any woman could be so attentive as she is.

I am not getting any younger BUT i do not intend to grow old gracefully. (The boxes of 'Just for Men' in my cupboard will attest to that. ) But I intend to see my days out in China with the one person who has spent the past year or so in making my life the best it has ever been in all the years that I have lived.  (and only my family know just how many that actually is!!!)

Willy

Sorry Ted but unlike many on the forum I still have a full head of hair, the hair is natural, the color?  well less said.  Oh and I have my own teeth. 
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2010, 04:37:30 pm »
Willy,

Has anybody told you you look like an older Daniel Radcliffe?

Dave C
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.