Author Topic: An American in Canada  (Read 18803 times)

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
Re: An American in Canada
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2010, 01:18:10 pm »
Mike, I'm sure this is something simple, you are dealing with bureaucrats here, if every I is not dotted and every t crossed..well you know the rest.
Find out what was wrong in your qin ai de application, put it right and things will sort themselves out in time.
If i could send you a little Irish luck I would so in a heartbeat!
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Arnold

« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2010, 03:23:20 pm »
They know oh so well .. how to test our Patience ! I think they get a KICK out of this , doing this to People .. to see how serious we really are .
Anyway , hope it isn't too bad of an holdup for you two .

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2010, 04:27:32 pm »
Hi Mike

As you can read in my latest "saga"...I can fully sympathise with your dilemma, I guess like me you have been "out-logiced" by someone who knows bugger all about the subject...but is a Chinese native. !!!!

Been there...done that

I've just cooled off over my issues, thanks to some kind words from the Bros....its all sent to try us mightily...but the rewards make it worth it in the end !!!

David

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2010, 07:14:15 pm »
Update:

I got the application package to my wife at the end of October .... but all of the instructions were in English, and she did not understand them...
I told her she had to find an English expert, and she got hold of her English teacher ...

The application was sent in at the end of November .... as it had to wait until the daughter returned to China from Japan ....

At this time there was a lot of confusion, my wife was very anxious, and kept insisting that the papers were not right, that the lawyer was no good ... in the end I realized she was saying all of this based on her hearing from other Chinese ladies about applications for spouse visa's or finacee visa's .... which do not apply to our situation, as we are applying for a Temporary Residence Visa (TRV) for Canada. And not for a spouse visa, because for us to apply for that would require me to be either a Canadian citizen (I am a US citizen) OR a for me to have Permanent Residence Status in Canada ... (which I do not have) ... I am a Temporary Foreign Worker in Canada, who is here on a Work Permit, so there is a whole other process for people that are Temporary Workers here, and that is the path we have to go, in order to bring her into Canada.

My wife was determined to apply for the spouse visa, which of course would be rejected right away, as I am NOT eligible for this kind of application.

So now it is 3 weeks later .... and I get a panic call from my wife, and we talk on QQ, and I am told that all of the papers were returned by the embassy, with no explanation. So I tell her .... that is strange, let me talk to the lawyer and ask what this means ....
so I talk to the lawyer and they say .... please show us the cover letter that was returned with the papers, they always give a reason for doing this ....  I am now waiting to ask my wife about this ....

So at this point my wife is now determined to travel to the embassy to hand them the papers in person, and to ask them what the problem really is .....

So now we have been married about 4 months, and time is marching by, and we still do not have an application in at the embassy.

:-\

Mike,

I have been watching and reading your story with great interest. In my honest opinion I think you will be in for a long process. Your situation is truely unique here and I am praying for you.

Dave C
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2010, 05:02:52 am »
Wouldn't that be the best ever New Year present Mike....fingers crossed  ;D ;D ;D

Offline shaun

« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2010, 08:22:16 am »
Mike I'm praying for you.

Offline maxx

« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2010, 12:49:30 am »
Mike I'm very sorry to hear this.What is your next step.Can your lawyer appeal the denile

Offline shaun

« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2010, 06:45:43 am »
Mike, I am sure sorry to hear this.  None of this has come easy for you.  So do what you do so well push in, persevere, and overcome.

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2010, 07:11:35 am »
Mike , sorry to read this , this may seem stupid but you had to apply for some type of work permit for Canada if she was your wife living in USA what would she have to get to join you in Canada ? Just thinking outside the square , regards Sujuan and Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2010, 03:35:56 pm »
Ah, sorry to hear that Mike.  I hope there is some way to resolve it.  It's so stupid that they are hard on legitimate relationships.
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2010, 05:39:20 pm »
Mike so sorry to hear the news as I know what you are going through with the waiting process. I believe it was the Canadian immigration denying her visa?

If so it sure is a lame excuse because your wife has already a past history of working outside of China in Japan where she obviously did return to China which should show that she is a trustworthy person. Sometimes I think our immigration has their heads in the clouds and believe every person is willing to get into Canada anyway they can because they think it is some Utopia.

Hopefully your lawyer can use her previous work visa to Japan as an example to help with your case.
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2010, 08:19:46 pm »
Hey Mike,

Sorry to hear about the rejection.  I would definitely wait for the lawyer, but there are a few issues I think you need to get across...

1) Her work history outside of China should be attached with supporting documentation

2) You might want to have the lawyer inquire why they requested the stuff from your end if they've already denied her the VISA.  It might shed some light... if this is a form document (which governments love to use), then the reasoning might be because they didn't have a checkmark for your issue.

3) Check the document for a contact number to the person who reviewed Jessica's application.  Maybe you or your lawyer can get a bit more detail.

There are a bunch of things I would suggest, but your case is complex...

Also, I would suggest visiting one of the forums that Martin and Rhonald frequent... immigration.ca and ask around.  They seem to be a decent bunch of people who might be able to offer you some more insight.
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

Offline halfpint

« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2010, 09:38:54 pm »
Mike,

Sorry to hear that, it must be very disappointing for you...chin up, it'll happen.
My qin ai de is in Shanghai, and I'm not

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2010, 10:04:17 pm »
I can feel your heartache hidden within the wealth of detail you provided with your response Mike. I guess the best thing to do besides moving forward as you so stated, is to plan and anticipate that next China trip. The anticipation for the next visit will help a little to curtail the frustration from the failure of getting a temporary visa.

My sincere hope is that you only take 8 more months as you estimated as I wish no one the pain of beating my record for waiting. Not even doctors should have the need for so much Patience as we need because then it would mean one sick population. What else can I say Mike, except that we are sick in love and time is the only antidote that we are forced to take.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2010, 10:38:11 pm »
IBM Next 5 in 5 -- 2010

Hey in the future we won't need even QQ or webcam to see our girls but have her Hologram walking and talking beside us.