General Discussion and Useful Links > Useful Links And Articles

Different Translation Sites

<< < (2/2)

Jan:
About the Android phone translation:

This is very good translator. Can translate sentences copy pasted from Mobile QQ, and single words. Does not require Internet connection.
Its name is, Hanpig Chinese Pro. Can be found from android market.

Google translate is also on my android phone. Really goodl. Almost same as the website version.

There is also this application "CamTranslator" it requires an internet connection and acces to google. It can translate characters from a text using the camera image. I tested this with a Chinese restaurants menu and it seemed to work somewhat decently.

Lastly, can get Skype on my phone too... So I can call using 3g connection to China, with like 0,08$ a minute.

I am using HTC Desire HD as my phone. Only downside about this phone is, that it requires recharging every day... Sometimes 2 times a day depending how much I use it.

aussimike:
i would be very happy to recommend http://mdbg.loqu8.com/overview.htm   Chinese reader - very good program - i write every couple of day to my future wife and the translations chinese - english and vise versa are about 95% spot on - there  will never be a perfect translate program for asian language because of the structure but this one goes close - cost about $5 a month - donation hehe - dont mind that -

Pineau:
Dont trust your translation  100% of the time. Careful about cut and paste. And be very careful about punctuation. I highly recommend using a translator that does a back translation for you like Imtranslator.com So you can proofread what you think you said.

請記住我的朋友。 這世界上.沒有能回去的感情.就算真的回去了.你也會發現,一切已經面目全非。唯一能回...  請記住我的朋友。 這世界上,沒有能回去的感情,就算真的回去了,你也會發現,一切已經面目全非。唯一能回

Sometimes the translation will scare you. These two sentences are almost identical except there is a period substituted for a comma in one case.
as near as I can tell the translator translated "feelings" into "love affair" and substituted a four letter word for love affair.

Run this through your translator and see what I mean.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version