Author Topic: Chengdu re-visited  (Read 19424 times)

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
Re: Chengdu re-visited
« Reply #60 on: December 31, 2010, 05:51:47 pm »
Just a brief update...and a small example of "tear your hair out "itis" !!!!!

We are now 5 weeks into the long wait for Immigration to grind away at our application for the Spouse Visa.

Ming is consumed with impatience and every day asks if there is any news...that is understandable, and I hate the disappointment in her eyes when I say "no news yet , honey...it will take time"

But....surprise, surprise, I got a call from my Lawyer on Thursday asking for me to get Ming to arrange her Medical Examination...this is MUCH sooner than expected and is really good news, things are moving faster than I had hoped before. As you can imagine, Ming was very excited with this news.

I immediately emailed her the details of the Doctor she must see to get the Medical done (there is only one Doctor in Chengdu who is approved by Aus Immigration).

Next day I enquired how she went with the appointment and she told me that she will go for the medical on January 18th !!!

My comment was "WOW, they must be busy, such a long wait for an appointment , the 18th is almost 3 weeks away??

Here is her reply.......

"No LG, I could go for medical on any day, but my fortune teller told me that the best day to go for medical is 18th...so that is the day I will go "

No...I did not blow up, I kept my cool and said "yes dear, if thats what you want, its up to you "

Only in China   ;D ;D
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 05:53:41 pm by David E »

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #61 on: December 31, 2010, 06:02:47 pm »
David , that is beautiful , but typical , Now you can have a good new year , regards Sujuan and Robert.
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline maxx

« Reply #62 on: December 31, 2010, 06:34:30 pm »
David sorry man I don't know what to say.I guess contact your lawyer again.And find out if the 18th  is going to cause a delay.I'm not sure how Aussie immigration works.With American immigration.3 weeks would be to long.

Offline halfpint

« Reply #63 on: December 31, 2010, 08:57:23 pm »
Thats good news David.  Love the fortune teller story.  My girl took a picture of me to a face doctor.  This was before we met.  This doctor told her I was nice and trustworthy.  It seems he went to school for this, it's what he does for a living.  Ya gotta love it!

Alan
My qin ai de is in Shanghai, and I'm not

Paul Todd

« Reply #64 on: December 31, 2010, 08:59:25 pm »
If the "fortune teller" says that's the most auspicious time to go for the medical,well that's when she will be happiest to go.I do understand how frustrated you must feel by it though.
I have Master Chen come and work on my "Chi" once a week and sometimes more often if he thinks I need it or he has a dream that concerns me. I do value what he does and take his advice on things too,but by accepting his "services" it does lead to some odd situations. Last Saturday I had planed to build some new fitted wardrobes only to be told that I could not do it until Tuesday!!! Why the stars have to be aligned for me to build bedroom furniture is beyond me and I don't pretend to understand why this is the case,but people here do take this very seriously indeed. Saying that, Master Chen does without doubt have abilities that I also can't fathom. ???
Cultural differences/priorities....we love them  ::) They can pop up at the most unexpected times and even after being married for 15 months they still surprise me. Its part of the package,something we will all face sooner or latter if we are lucky  :D

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #65 on: January 01, 2011, 12:47:56 am »
S'Ok Maxx, Immigration wont get upset over this delay due to supernatural forces !!!...Lawyer tells me that bthe Medical is valid for 6 months and the 18th wont be a problem.

Paul...yep, I noticed that so much of their day-to-day life is ruled/influenced by their "Master"..(Ming calls this bloke her Master....she keeps him informed about everything)
This was the guy who I met with her on my first visit...he was real spooky, I felt like an insect under the microscope...but the large "donation" I made to his Temple must have given him good vibes about me  ;D ;D

I did ask her if she needed to telephone the Master every time I felt frisky !!!...but the humour got lost in the translation !!

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #66 on: January 01, 2011, 04:03:50 pm »
I did ask her if she needed to telephone the Master every time I felt frisky !!!...but the humour got lost in the translation !!

That is really funny...and unfortunate that the translation was lost.

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #67 on: January 01, 2011, 04:45:23 pm »
Probably for the best.  You don't want to give her any ideas. 
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2011, 12:54:08 am »
Update

Stop Press !!!!.......Western Logic overcomes Chinese Superstition !!!!

Ming decided to get her medical done last week...and the Chinese Superstition went out the window.

She was very nervous about moving off this path...but trusted my logic that any day is good for a medical..if you are healthy  ;D ;D

The Doc must have sent the results late last week and surprise, surprise, today my Lawyer got an email from Aus Immigration in Shanghai asking that Ming send her passport and a return address label to Shanghai !!!

We also got a Form 886 to fill in (out ???)...this Form is for statistical purposes and is designed to help our Government in defining its' strategy and immigration Policy. My lawyer tells me that this Form is NEVER sent before the visa is approved !!

I cannot believe that we may be close to a resolution after only 7 weeks...but fingers crossed !!

So I think we can safely say that a wait until the 18th Feb for the medical may not have been the best strategy.........and Ming agrees...Hooray  ;D ;D

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2011, 01:03:18 am »
That is great David E , but no specific time line from here on in , maybe they have not got a traffic jam in China , only one on Christmas Island ha ha , regards Sujuan and Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2011, 01:18:39 am »
Yes Robert...we are quietly excited !!!!

I believe the recent ruling that any "illegal" boat Migrant can now take their disputed decision all the way to the High Court (on our money !!) has paralysed the Immig Dept.....maybe they are now only concentrating on "real" cases ??...let's hope

Offline maxx

« Reply #71 on: January 10, 2011, 02:19:28 am »
David this is good news.Best of luck to a speedy conclusion.Of the hunt for the immigration visa.

Paul Todd

« Reply #72 on: January 10, 2011, 03:58:43 am »
Congratulations...fast work indeed.  :D

Offline Jason B

• Xia and Laura the most beautiful girls in the world
  • Xia - guardian of my heart.
« Reply #73 on: January 10, 2011, 06:08:32 am »
Great news mate, I sincerely hope that everything is down under hill from here for the two of you.  As you know I am following your progress with great interest as there is only about another month before I follow in your footsteps and put Xia's application in.  I can only hope that we have as smooth a journey as you both appear to be having.

We are also going to put in an application for her to get a tourist visa.  Her friend just received hers and only took 2 weeks to get, so hopefully we will get Xia's soon (5 month multi entry)and she can come visit so we can purchase our family home together and then fly to China together get married and then back here to live and then she can go back to China do the medical and get her visa and then come back here again.  Might have to sign her up for a frequent flier program.
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.

Offline shaun

« Reply #74 on: January 10, 2011, 08:59:42 am »
David, this is great news.  I am very happy for the both of you.  I'll have another Fosters tonight in your honor.  ;D ::)