Author Topic: Chengdu re-visited  (Read 19414 times)

Arnold

Re: Chengdu re-visited
« Reply #75 on: January 10, 2011, 11:13:11 am »
David , I am smiling with you ! ;) Your a great Man , to overcome the CHINESE Superstition factor .

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #76 on: January 10, 2011, 04:56:07 pm »
Thanks for your good wishes everybody !!!

But specifically to Shaun.............mate, I could not put anyone through the trauma of drinking a Fosters on my behalf. There is no celebration big enough to warrant poisoning your body with crook beer  ;D ;D

At least have a Crown Lager...or better still, a White Shield IPA  ;D ;D

David

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #77 on: January 10, 2011, 06:15:43 pm »
Jase

Thanks. Our next move is to apply for a tourist visa for Ming to come here for a few months to get to know the place while we wait for however long the Visa takes from here.

We will wait a couple of weeks and maybe her Spouse visa will get here in this sort of time frame...but I am not sure about that.

So if you could post that sample letter your mate sent to support his GF 's application for tourist visa, it would be appreciated.

Feb 14 th is a special day for Ming and myself, we got engaged on that day last year, so somehow I have to make sure we are together somewhere in the World on Feb 14th this year !!!

I cant face the prospect of another freezing trip to China in Feb...so I guess we will have to go to Thailand !!!...if we cant get a tourist visa to AUS

Cheers...David

Arnold

« Reply #78 on: January 10, 2011, 07:35:39 pm »
I cant face the prospect of another freezing trip to China in Feb...
Cheers...David

Now .. now David . Are you telling me , that some of you Down Under are afraid of a little Cold ? I was in Beijing in Feb '09 and climbed the Wall ( with Snow on it ) sat in every Seat at the Birdnest and visited even the Summer Palace in the Winter . haha  I guess us German's are tough when it comes to cold Weather .

Oh .. thanks about the Fosters tip .. I will leave that for those Budweiser drinkers from now on . Here I thought that was your Guy's best Beer ?

Offline shaun

« Reply #79 on: January 10, 2011, 11:02:01 pm »
If you like Budweiser you'll love Fosters.  Because I know how David feel about Foster's I got a bottle of Ripple.

Gee for a non drinker I know a lot about bad booze.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #80 on: January 11, 2011, 12:42:39 am »
Yes Arnold...I am telling you that when the temperature falls below 75 F I am very unhappy, uncomfortable, irritable and bloody cold !!!....and dont like it one bit.

Because I live in a warm paradise where I dont even possess an overcoat or a heavy sweater, I have become used to being warm, cosy and comfortable  ;D ;D

I concede completely the Germans are much tougher than me when it comes to cold weather...but Boy !! you should see some of the Germans here when the temperature gets to 110F...something like boiled tomatoes  ;D ;D

Takes all sorts !!!

Cheers...David

ps...nobody here drinks Fosters...we only send this junk overseas for all the foreigners !!!!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 12:44:36 am by David E »

Offline Jason B

• Xia and Laura the most beautiful girls in the world
  • Xia - guardian of my heart.
« Reply #81 on: January 11, 2011, 05:02:00 am »
So if you could post that sample letter your mate sent to support his GF 's application for tourist visa, it would be appreciated.

Done mate under Australian requirements.  good luck not that you will need any the way your visa application seems to be progressing.

I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.

Vince G

« Reply #82 on: January 11, 2011, 07:29:12 am »
There's a few things that are idolized as American, Apple pie, Chevrolet, Marlboro (Cigs), and Budweiser beer. Except for the Apple pie all in my opinion are crap. I purchase anything else unless no choice.

On another note I want to put a shout out to a Paul (not Todd) an American that was recently or still is in Chengdu. Is married and applying for a visa. PM me if you prefer.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 07:30:56 am by Vince G »

Offline shaun

« Reply #83 on: January 11, 2011, 10:50:32 am »
OK enough about the beer.    David I really am happy for you and Ming.  I hope the rest of the journey is quick and easy.   I know waiting can drive one or two nuts.  You deserve your happiness.   You done more than your time in looking for her.

Offline halfpint

« Reply #84 on: January 11, 2011, 11:58:33 pm »
Congratulations David, another step forward, its nice to see.
My qin ai de is in Shanghai, and I'm not

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #85 on: May 09, 2011, 06:49:29 pm »
I am sure getting stir crazy about now...every day drags, waiting for the magic words..."visa approved".......

I have disturbing visions about Chinese women in bikinis lounging in the pool........another cold shower is called for  ;D ;D

Offline shaun

« Reply #86 on: May 09, 2011, 07:17:42 pm »
As an old friend of mine say's, "I feel you."  :o  I think I had better say I understand.  ;D

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • Board Moderator
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
« Reply #87 on: May 10, 2011, 01:14:47 am »
"I have disturbing visions about Chinese women in bikinis lounging in the pool........"

David.   
Here is the help you need. It should calm you down. Online pacifiers.

http://youtu.be/q_gfD3nvh-8

of course the teatment is no good without 3D I hope you didn't throw away your 3D glasses.

http://youtu.be/yHbJ_NxNaW8

feed your addiction !!!
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #88 on: May 10, 2011, 01:34:18 am »
mmmmm

That's very cruel Pineau............there's only so much flesh and blood can take....... :P :P :P

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • Board Moderator
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
« Reply #89 on: May 10, 2011, 02:02:16 am »
Sorry. just having a little fun. I remember the shape I was in after getting married and having to return to the US for a month to take care of some business. It was a very long "year" that month.

I am waiting too but I am not so miserable because I am waiting in China. I can imagine how you are longing to take her home.

Seriously, I hope you soon hear those words " visa approved" .
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE