Author Topic: Chengdu re-visited  (Read 19400 times)

Vince G

Re: Chengdu re-visited
« Reply #90 on: May 10, 2011, 08:02:43 am »
ah woooooooooo!!!!  pant pant pant

Offline shaun

« Reply #91 on: May 11, 2011, 05:14:45 am »
down boy down ;D

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #92 on: May 26, 2011, 05:55:31 pm »
Still no news about our visa...both getting very annoyed about it all.

We cant understand why the Aus Consulate in Shanghai is quoting 6 to 7 months for process time, while the Consulate in Guangzhou is quoting 60 days maximum.

Shanghai processes all applications for Perth and Guangzhou processes Sydney and Melbourne. It is not hard to imagine that the volume of applications for Perth is but a tiny fraction of those from Sydney and Melbourne...but all our pleas to the case Officer (bitch) have fallen on deaf ears. Our Lawyer has also hit the same brick wall...they have no flexibility on the 7 month process except for urgent and compassionate cases...my Birthday and our Anniversary is NOT considered urgent or compassionate grounds for speedy process of our visa. They say that about the only way they will jump the queue is for a pregnancy or a death in the family...mmmmmmmmmm...thats a bit extreme for me to consider at this time of life.  :-[ :-[

I cant believe it is our 1 st wedding anniversary next week, time has gone so quickly......and it cannot happen that we are apart on this special day.

So...of I go again to sunny Chengdu !!!

I leave in the wee small hours of next Friday and maybe if fortune smiles on us we may get a visa acceptance whilst I am in China, and then we can return to Perth together...fingers crossed !!!

If not, at least we will be together to celebrate our anniversary...that will make her very happy....it must be hell for her...waiting...waiting...waiting. (and I cant say I'm very impressed about it either !!!)

Offline shaun

« Reply #93 on: May 26, 2011, 06:42:44 pm »
David, patience my friend patience.  All good things take time.  Sad but ture. (Spelled wrong on purpose.) But it is hell waiting none the less.

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #94 on: May 31, 2011, 06:04:27 pm »
Well guys

Again I am in the last stage of preparation for my 9th visit to Chengdu !! I leave on the 1.10 am flight on Friday and in 12 short hours I will be with my LP again, if only for 12 days.

This time, we will be together for our 1st wedding anniversary (4th June) and my Birthday (8th June)...so I guess there will be many celebrations.

I look forward to the endless round of delicious home cooked dinners with various members of my new family, and I know that again they will make me feel very special and it will all be yet another memorable experience.

There will be a few drinking sessions with my favourite Uncle, and I already learned not to compete with him....cant cope with the hangovers !!!

I will stumble through conversations in Russian/Chinese/English mixture with her Dad...somehow we seem to understand each other...and I will have to do endless card tricks for the multitude of nephews, neices and grandchildren !!

But of most importance, my days and nights will be filled with the gentle, warm and happy smile and laughter of my dear LP....worth gold !!

Yeah...I know its a tough life...but somebody gotta do it  ;D ;D

I have to travel light this time, because Ming wants me to bring back a suitcase full of her stuff...it will be strange to , once again after many, many years to have female dresses and such hanging in the wardrobe....patiently waiting for her arival here when Immig Dept finally get round to giving her a visa  :( :(

Cant wait !!!...David

Offline maxx

« Reply #95 on: May 31, 2011, 06:09:39 pm »
David best of luck and have a good time.

Offline shaun

« Reply #96 on: May 31, 2011, 06:58:54 pm »
David I wish you the best.  Have a great time I know you will.  Don't wear any of those dresses once you get back home.  ;D

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #97 on: May 31, 2011, 07:24:54 pm »
Have a great trip David, and rats already I had no chance  to be top dog in posting - far from it . And now I see you have travelled more often to China then I have so no 1st place there for me either.

Best wishes on this trip David and make sure, as Shaun has already addressed the issue, don't fall into cross dressing once you return with suitcases filled with her clothing. We might have a flaming comment about that  ;D and then you will need a stiff dressing down.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 07:28:37 pm by Rhonald »
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Arnold

« Reply #98 on: June 01, 2011, 12:35:13 am »
Haha .. I wouldn't worry about David hanging up Women's Clothes in His Closet , what troubles me is .. if His Suitcase is carefully checked on his return to Perth . What will the Custom Guy/Lady think of Him ? But then again , maybe it's not that uncommon in Aussie Land ? ::)

Have the best of all the Trips and Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday to you David .

Vince G

« Reply #99 on: June 01, 2011, 12:50:45 am »
I had the same thoughts as Arnold. Would love to see their face if they open that suitcase?  :o

Have a good trip and BD

Arnold

« Reply #100 on: June 01, 2011, 12:57:58 am »
Have a great trip David, and rats already I had no chance  to be top dog in posting - far from it . And now I see you have travelled more often to China then I have so no 1st place there for me either.

Have you forgotten Rhonald , your the FIRST to have Married a ZITTER Lady . Now that is a BIG plus !

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #101 on: June 01, 2011, 01:57:29 am »
hahahaha !!!

Now why did I KNOW that my comment about a suitcase of Ladies clothes would bring such a response  8) 8)

If they think I am gay at the Customs counter....then I can live with that !!

What terrifies me is that Ming decides to put some Chinese dried foods or Chinese medicine in the suitcase...then Customs WILL have my ass !!!

She is under STRICT instructions...clothes ONLY....but if she includes some frilly undies...who knows how I could be tempted when I get back home .... ::) ::)

Rhonald...you and I are hopeless cases...so many trips, so little result (visa) yet...but we both gotta get there soon !!!

Arnold...what is a Zitter...I only know Zither, and that is some weird Aussie musical instrument....and you obviously dont know that there are NO gay Men in Aussie, we are all beer swilling, uncouth , insensitive, macho, chauvinist pigs here (thats what Aussie women tell me anyway !!!)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 02:00:46 am by David E »

Offline joeswuhandream

• the good life with a good wife
« Reply #102 on: June 01, 2011, 03:55:14 am »
have a great trip back to your second home David seems you are IN for a great time 
don't forget to drop us a line when you there let us  know how things are  and your time in Chengdu, as you know my wife lives in Chengdu now i am getting envious   ;)
a suitcase of underware ,irm   say no more   ;D

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #103 on: June 01, 2011, 04:45:13 am »
David , have a safe and rewarding trip to see your Ming [ vase ] , and on your way back through customs watch the expression on the xray security lady/gent ha ha , regards Sujuan and Robert .
 P S , at least we are together while Sujuan's visa is sorted out , we just cannot leave Aussie land and while the sorting is done her daughter cannot visit us , as the education dept told Immigration that she had gone back to school in China .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline seagull

« Reply #104 on: June 01, 2011, 05:18:05 am »
I am sure most of us here are envious of you, David. Your ninth trip to Chengdu, you are almost a local! I wish I was back there enjoying a hot pot right now. Interestingly enough when I went to my barber in Carillion City arcade it turned out the girl who cut my hair came from Chengdu. This is the first time I've met someone from the 'Du in Perth. We chatted about her city and I told her a few Sichuan words I learned when I was over there. She was very impressed as she doesn't know anyone from Chengdu in Perth, so she gave me her QQ number and now I have made a new friend. Anyway, have a fun time celebrating your anniversary and birthday over there.