Author Topic: no idea what you guys are doing  (Read 9201 times)

Vince G

Re: no idea what you guys are doing
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2010, 02:02:28 pm »
WELL, if a man gets on and posts he wants to marry a english speaking man? I think the posts would still be heated? even more.   :o   :P   ::)

Offline joeswuhandream

• the good life with a good wife
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2010, 03:26:07 pm »
well said martin

Arnold

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2010, 08:43:28 pm »
Martin has it right , not just because he is the Boss . I think this .. when a new Member joins , it is after all the Mods responsibility to check/see if it's a Man or Woman .. to take action against such individual if it calls for it . It really isn't the registered Member's Job to Judge/Condemn before the Person is known more of His/Her intentions .

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2010, 02:12:44 am »
Funny thing is, that we see a lot of men register with this site, who are equally suspicious, but don't get jumped on in the same manner.  We do not have a Men Only clause on this site.  We are open to anyone seeking a relationship between a western man, and a Chinese woman.  Is this person a scammer?  Possibly.  I guess she has been convicted by some here, without anyone knowing the true facts.

Why is it, that whenever a woman joins this site, guys here get all excited, and threads start getting heated?  Get over yourselves, she has a vagina!  Now that we have this little lesson out of the way, why not let her bury herself, or on the flip side, let her introduce herself in a better way before we all jump to every possible conclusion based on only a few words.  When a man shows up, and only writes a few words, I sure don't see this same amount of attention.

Your not right Martin.  Whenever a man comes on with scant information he is always asked by someone to tell us a bit more.  But he has usually makes some sort of post in reply to a thread.  I cannot remember a man coming on and just saying I am an American/Canadian/Englishman,frenchman etc and I am looking for a Chinese wife after starting a new thread.

I can remember the man who was jumped on after he joined a couple of dozen forums the same day including I think an Alabama Cross stitch forum!!!!

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline JamesM.Roberts

Re: Re: Sunny introduces herself
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2010, 05:26:58 pm »

LOL Willy ... I meant "odd" meaning a "few" but you're also right about the Forum having an 'odd' number of 'odd' characters.

Would like to thank you Chong for the recognition
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 06:02:55 pm by Martin »
Anyone can pick up an apple off the ground, but the sweeter ones take a little work to get to!!

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2010, 07:23:06 am »
Just a little curious here but could I get pointed into the right direction and read the posts or have they already been removed?

Dave C
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2010, 09:05:51 am »
Just a little curious here but could I get pointed into the right direction and read the posts or have they already been removed?

Dave C

Dave,
I think you mean posts of new guys showing up here, and how they were treated?

here is a starting list for you .... just need to dig through all the posts ...  :)

Mike,

I meant the posts the lady made that they are talking about. I just wanted to see what all the fuss was about.

Dave C
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2010, 10:16:19 am »

I can remember the man who was jumped on after he joined a couple of dozen forums the same day including I think an Alabama Cross stitch forum!!!!

Willy

Willy,

An Alabama Cross Stitch forum!?!!! There is actually a forum on Cross Stitching and it is in Alabama???! I just have a problem picturing this... a good ol' boy sitting with a group of others doing cross stitching...  :o ::)

Dave C

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2010, 06:32:44 pm »
I've missed something here !!! :(

Who are we talking about and where is the 'post'??/ :o :o

Offline David S

Re: Re: Sunny introduces herself
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2010, 07:01:23 pm »
Hmm, odd 25-30 and odd 30-60, I think I fit into both categories :D as I'm considered a bit odd by some, and being 30 am on the edge of the age ranges for both :P

Being 30 is like being 13.  To old for the young ones, to young for the old ones.

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2010, 01:20:46 am »
Just came across this the other day....probably it is the Alabama "cross" stitch forum ????

Offline JamesM.Roberts

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2010, 04:25:27 am »
First and foremost... the following is just my opinion. Take it for what it's worth.
I see nothing -nothing wrong with anyone ( male or female) trying to better their-self. If you really stop to think about it, that is why we are all here to begin with. I confess that is why I am here. I am here trying to obtain the knowledge and advice to be with the one I love. plain and simple
I was directed to this forum by a Chinese female ( Crystal Tao) who was also met with some skepticism by a few here.   Crystal was the first person to know of my problem ( Ping being married) since this problem was beyond her realm of knowledge, she was kind enough to direct me here( I am glad she did)
I know there are scams perpetuated by a few agencies and  females out there, but we  would be stupid to think, that there aren't a equal or greater number  of male players /playboys who are only looking for a sex- cation and would do or say anything to make that happen as well.
Looking at my address bar that says http://www.chinaromance.net and the header at the top of the page That says "China Love -relationships in China" with the double happiness symbol -I can see how a Chinese lady could be confused and join thinking she might find someone and better herself. Instead of attacking, shouldn't we be more helpful and guide her .....after-all she might just be looking for the same thing,  we are all looking for..... love plain and simple.
Anyone can pick up an apple off the ground, but the sweeter ones take a little work to get to!!

Paul Todd

« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2010, 05:18:11 am »
Well said James,
Personally I treat everyone the same until they give me a reason not too.
Err........
 Greetings from the Alabama cross stitch forum.......
Hello, I'm new to the site and I really like what I see so far. When I found out that I was going to be a grandmother I picked up cross-stitch again and did 2 Winnie the Pooh cross-stitch kits and had a blast! Now I've also picked back up on crochet too. So between the two hobbies (two out of many. I also attempt painting, playing the mandolin and fiddle) I've got tons of things I want to do. I really like the baby book projects. I can't wait to get started. My granddaughter is almost 2 months old now so I've got to get started!
It sound almost tempting, doesn't it?

Offline shaun

« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2010, 10:28:41 am »
Since I began talking with Peggy I just do not have the time to cross stitch anymore.   Come to think of it I don't have time for quilting either.   When I told my children this they said, "Dad, you have never cross stitched or quilted before."  :o  Peggy tells me that when she moves to America I wont have time to learn either because we will be too busy making money.  :-\  But then again I never wanted to learn it anyway.  ;D

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2010, 06:35:21 pm »
Oh dear Shaun....looks like you will have to take up knitting instead....you can do this while you talk with Peggy  ;D ;D

Better start with something simple...like a toupee (hahahahaha)

David