Author Topic: [Movie] Aftershock  (Read 1961 times)

Offline Jan

• QQ 1507672319
[Movie] Aftershock
« on: October 25, 2010, 06:02:16 am »
Aftershock or Aftershocks (Chinese: 唐山大地震; pinyin: Tángshān Dàdìzhèn) is a 2010 Chinese drama film depicting the aftermath of the 1976 Tangshan earthquake that took the lives of 240,000 people...

I saw this movie last week. It is quite touching. Anyone else here that has seen this? Or some opinions about it?

I have not felt as sad in a while as I did during watching this movie. I thought that the plot was great. The actors were great as well. I have not seen this good movie in ages!

I recommend seeing this if you have not yet.

I made male friend of mine watch this as well haha... He said he has not cried like a baby ever before because of a movie.

Offline Jan

• QQ 1507672319
Re: [Movie] Aftershock
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 08:15:37 am »
Oh bad me...

Offline Jason B

• Xia and Laura the most beautiful girls in the world
  • Xia - guardian of my heart.
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 08:19:01 am »
don't feel bad it is a very good movie and I really enjoyed it.  I only wish that more Chinese movies were made with subtitles.  I have watched a couple of other movies with Xia in China and they do make some good movies there.  Pity I did not know what they were saying but had to make up the story line myself with what the pictures were depicting.
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.

Offline ttwjr32

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2010, 08:37:46 am »
Jan,

It was a good movie, well put together. And it is ok to repost something it is not stated anywere to read all
posts before posting. It was a good suggestion on your part.

Offline Jan

• QQ 1507672319
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 12:45:06 pm »
Jan,

It was a good movie, well put together. And it is ok to repost something it is not stated anywere to read all
posts before posting. It was a good suggestion on your part.

Hehe I usually try to avoid re-posts. But this time I was just more excited about this. And I guess I kind of forgot to see if there is something like this before. I've watched quite a few Chinese movies lately. Partly helping me to learn the language and customs. And because the Chinese movies are quite awesome compared to most of the Hollywood junk. And I'm starting to know some more of the basic/common Chinese words. So its fun trying to listen as well. See when I come to across a word that sounds familiar.

I did this with Japanese series/movies as well. But my Japanese skills are just so much better compared to my Chinese, so I often could notice some errors in subtitles even haha. But my Japanese is only basics Japanese too  :)

Anyway I got so offtopic here.

Offline Mikael_Shim

• | IT Security Analyst & Consultant | CHiNA |
  • QQ (1494158153)
    • Access any website or service from Within China. 100% anonymously
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2010, 11:49:29 pm »
This movie cause alot of emotional rollercoaster indeed.

May i also suggest 2 other great Chinese movies that are based on actual facts. If you have a problem watching movies like saving Private Ryan or, Schindlers List then i would recommend to avoid #2 which could be too "strong" for some.

The Children of Huang Shi 2008
IMDB.........: http://imdb.com/title/tt0889588

Trailer #1
http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi1558249753/

Great acting by Chow Yun-Fat and Michelle Yeoh

Nanjing! Nanjing! , Also known as City Of Life And Death

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1124052/

WARNING! This movie will not make you feel good, its one of the most emotionally charged movies i have ever seen and i had the images and some characters haunting my mind for weeks after i saw it. Its however a historical war atrocity that should not be forgotten. It is almost impossible watching this and trying to comprehend that this is not a fictious tale. I asked myself after watching this, what could possibly turn humans so utterly soulless and pure evil against defenseless civilians, women and children, or even their own kin. I will say no more, but i would recommend to avoid it for viewers who cant take graphic horror well. But look it up in a history book instead. I think this movie was far more "brick in my face" then Schindlers List was.  I consider myself far above average when it comes to tolerancy for watching gruesome events or strong graphical horror. But this movie broke my heart when i saw it. Its not just the horror in sight, its the whole picture and the true history behind that makes the punch. I saw this when it was just released in 2009. And i get upset just being reminded of what i have seen when i write this. Watch with caution! I would give this movie 5/5 but never watch it a second time.

Trailer:

http://www.imdb.com/rg/VIDEO_PLAY/LINK//video/imdb/vi3417376537/

For those of you who wants to watch more Chinese movies but cant due to the lack of Subtitles. May i suggest http://kloofy.net
"Just call me Mikkie , thats what all Asians do anyway"

对于世界而言,你是一个人;但是对于某个人,你是他的整个世界