Author Topic: Truckers  (Read 3984 times)

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
Re: Truckers
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2010, 11:54:31 am »
Isn't the Iowa 80 the biggest truck stop in the world?

ttwjr32

« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2010, 12:54:14 pm »
yes it is the largest in the world  started as a very small gas station many many years ago. the owner died and his
wife still comes every xmas and gives the employees their xmas bonuses. its the only time of the year she makes it there

Vince G

« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2010, 10:32:12 am »
An online local paper has a photo archive of accidents (mostly with trucks) just thought it would have an interest here. Just goes to show the times I posted about the daily fatal accidents. These photos are just South Florida. (Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Miami).

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/palmbeach/sfl-i95dangers,0,4601665.photogallery
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 10:33:44 am by Vince G »

Offline Kiwi303

« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2010, 06:07:10 pm »
I'm not a pro trucker, as in doing it for the daily bread to keep body and soul together, But I'm used to longhaul and shorthaul missions.

Part of living on a farm means a lot of carting livestock around, in fact this afternoon I'm off to go pick up another load of calves from the saleyard for the farm again. While working as a salesman I'd act as liason between our office and the satellite office 600 Km away and would make runs down and back with samples and supplies for the offices when it was so much it wasn't convenient to pack it all and pay courier fees.

Life on the road can be fun, I'm a fan of road trips as a form of holiday :D throw a mattress and a gas stove in the back of the SUV and head off for a while :D

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2010, 08:35:25 am »
Isn't the Iowa 80 the biggest truck stop in the world?

As Ted said it is the biggest truck stop in the world. When I was there a couple years ago for a meal I read about all the things they offer. I was impressed with all they offered. I have pictures somewhere. I will have to find them and post them.

Dave C
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.