Author Topic: My Tale of Two Cities  (Read 3835 times)

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
Re: My Tale of Two Cities
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2010, 11:28:21 pm »
Well Arnold the weather here is warmer now at about -1C and by Monday I hear maybe even +9C. Yesterday my wife got the papers from her Lawyer in Meizhou - the place her Household registry is from. And she sent all the new documents to Hong Kong so I am wondering how long tell we get an update. The official immigration web site still only states:

We started processing your application on June 18, 2009.

Interview scheduled for November 2, 2010.

This week Sunday will mark 4 weeks since my return and already it feels like I had not been there for more then a 1/2 year. It seems that after each trip that I have made that the memories fade to feel like a dream more quickly then the previous trip. Where earlier this year I felt that I was married - now I have to keep reminding myself that yes I am married.

This December will mark 2 years since my first time ever metting Yan in person and over this 24 month period I have only been with her about 12 weeks. So for two whole years I have been like a bachelor for 21 months. So the frailties of the body and the wearisome of waiting saps my strength.

Yes I am feeling a little down today. We played indoor soccer at lunch and once again my bad knee let me down as I crashed to the floor in pain. Age seems to creep up and the body can not do things it once was strong in doing.

I was a Soldier once ............. and Young and I can remember how on forced route marches the encouragement given about nearing the end of arduous marches with the promise of the trucks on the otherside of the hill. Once that last hill was climbed we would see the trucks start their engines and race away. Soon this would be learned as a standard procedure to instill mental toughness in us.

Well the army is Government so why should immigration as part of the Government be no different. There is naught else for me to do put put my head down and plough on to finally with the last hill crested reap my harvest.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 12:14:48 am by Rhonald »
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2010, 12:18:50 am »
Rhonald

Not your usual cheerful self  :-[ :-[  Your spirit is flagging a bit and it shows. Mind you, I am in complete sympathy with you as you wade through this quicksand...one step forward, 2 steps down !!!

All we can do for you is to let you know that we all feel for you and all wishes, prayers and whatever else are being driven hard to help in any way to resolve your pain.

One day you will look back on this time from within your conubial bliss and have a good laugh....honest !!!!

Best wishes...David

Offline JamesM.Roberts

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2010, 01:01:27 am »
Yes Rhonald  you have my sympathy as well, but also my envy. I recently read your thread "Hunt for the Red October ...Shoe" and I hope you do not mind me saying, but  wow!! what a beautiful wedding to a very beautiful bride.
I know you are feeling down right now, but just like those marches made you mentally tough.When you and your wife are finally together, there will be NOTHING you two won't be able to handle. No matter what life might throw your way,you know it will be like Heaven because you have already went through Hell.
Anyone can pick up an apple off the ground, but the sweeter ones take a little work to get to!!

Arnold

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2010, 01:08:13 am »
David is obsolutely right . Rhonald , if you think of your Wife and what she is going through .. that will take some of the Pain your feeling away . Talk to her and make her feel cheer'd up and it will make you feel much better knowing you're making it easier for her . In other words , be strong for her and it will give you strength .
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 01:10:14 am by Arnold »

Paul Todd

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2010, 03:58:09 am »
Rhonald,
It truly has been a long road that you and your wife have been traveling on. Enough to sap the optimism out of anyone, that's for sure. Even though you are apart it's a journey that you have taken together, you have shared all that bureaucracy can throw at you, and your both still as determined to be together as the day you set off.  That says a lot about the depth of commitment you have for each other.
Don't worry about getting old, the point is you will be growing  old together and isn't that what we all want in the end. Someone to share our days with that loves us as much as we love them. Brighter days ahead my friend, brighter days ahead. ;)

Offline Chong

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2010, 08:29:30 am »
Hang in there Rhonald.

Get an old Chinese bicycle, pay 2 RMB for the bus or 6 RMB for a cab ... you'll catch up with the immigration truck ... eventually.

Time flies fast, soon, Yan'll be in Calgary with you snuggled warmly in your bed.

Like DavidE wrote ... both of you will laugh about your adventure.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2010, 10:59:08 pm »
Thanks guys for the pep talk and the shoulder to wipe my tears. Sorry for the runny nose...sometimes people think it's kinda of funny but it'snot

And I finally figured out how to scan with my printer so the picture I meant to post with my I was a Soldier once ............. and Young was delayed ...... huum .... just like my wife's visa  :o but anyways here it is.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 11:01:17 pm by Rhonald »
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2010, 11:13:02 pm »
Rhonald,

Maybe your printer/scanner worked at the embassy and thats where it learned to work slow.  :o

Dave C
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.