Author Topic: my love story  (Read 113905 times)

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
Re: my love story
« Reply #150 on: April 01, 2011, 05:14:05 pm »
Haha...

Yes, this is my 1000 th post......

And I expect the gold watch and hand-lettered Certificate is in the mail !!!

Seriously, I do feel like an old-timer, although there are Bros here with many more posts than me. I had hoped that my 1000 th post would coincide with the advice that Ming has got her visa, but that was not to be, but we must be getting close now, we must be patient for a little longer, But it is not easy as I am sure many of you know !!!

When I joined the Forum after 4 abortive trips to China and having suffered all the usual CHNLove dramas, I would never belive that some 20 odd months later I would be typing my 1000 th, would have found and married my Princess and had had 6 more trips to meet her !!...it has been a long and costly adventure....but worth every cent.

I would never have made it this far without all the advice, help and encouragement I got from all the guys here........to say "thanks" is inadequate...but thanks... ;D ;D...you will all always be a part of our relationship in the future.

Looking back, there have been so many words, so many stories and so many good guys who have made and are making this "journey", there have been good times, bad times and some very weird happenings, but throughout it all there has been this invaluable place for all of us to go to keep sane and to know we are not alone in this. I dont know of any other Forum that has such a diverse and useful function...it must be unique.

I doubt I will get to 2000 posts and I am sure that nobody will ever catch Vince !!!!...but I am pretty chuffed with 1000.

Keep it all going guys.......it matters

David
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 05:17:54 pm by David E »

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #151 on: April 01, 2011, 09:31:34 pm »
And David E , your advice for all the newbies has been invaluable , so all the best in that little pocket of Australia , ha ha , regards Sujuan and Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline john1964

• finally together
« Reply #152 on: April 05, 2011, 07:20:34 am »
Hi guys and girls, MinYing is very much wanting to buy a computer since i told her about the translation program that was suggested by David a few days ago, The thing i want to know is if i buy a lap top here and take it to MinYing in seven weeks time is will she be able to use it and understand the key board,,,like i told you b4 is i am not tec savy, when in China before she used my laptop ok but i want to know if i should buy her one here or in China.
The reason i ask is because i can use the tax deduction in my business, I guess i should have taken more notice of the computer her family uses when i was there in dec/jan,,As always i will appreciate any info i can get from you guys.

Another note is MinYing is spending as much time at work to learn to do the manicure now , She really wants to join the work force as soon as she can and is very excited to learn as much as she can in her field of work, She is doing the beauty therapy and is wanting to work in this field as she enjoys it very much, (never known a beautician before to never wear make up), She is always beautiful to me without it.
thanks guys for any info on the laptop,,regards from John. 

Offline sara

« Reply #153 on: April 05, 2011, 07:41:09 am »
John
  You would go to the office that could fix the computer (电脑维修部), and ask them to fix a program for Chinese system (安装中文系统) after you buy a laptop. Fixing the programs for the computer costs about 50 yuan in Beijing.
Sara

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• bopads.info
« Reply #154 on: April 05, 2011, 08:45:09 am »
John , just for your info My step daughter and better half both arrived here with Dell computers with Chinese programs which can like QQ change to English in an instant and now step daughter has taken back a top of the range H P laptop with to many systems for me to handle , but it would seem that with with the new Microsoft 7 series she can just jump in and out of Chinese to English , I would say work out the dollars you want to spend , get a well known brand and then bargain with a reputable chinese seller in your city and tell him what programs you need loaded , use it yourself for a week or 2 so it is used ha ha then when you go take both , and don't forget she will need an adaptor for Chinese plug type , regards Sujuan and Robert .
 Chinese customs might get sus if you do not have some of your info on the new machine and of course it is for business not a GIFT, you do not want to be hit for DUTY.
My QQ is   1994376895

Offline maxx

« Reply #155 on: April 05, 2011, 06:27:18 pm »
John Robert has the right answear.Buy the laptop in China.The store you buy the lap top from will load it up with the programs your wife will need.

Offline shaun

« Reply #156 on: April 05, 2011, 10:05:55 pm »
I bought Peggy a net book there.  It has been wonderful except the monitor is small.

Offline Jason B

• Xia and Laura the most beautiful girls in the world
  • Xia - guardian of my heart.
« Reply #157 on: April 05, 2011, 10:47:58 pm »
I also bought Xia a laptop in Shenzhen.  All loaded from the store ready to go.  Best move ever, as she did not have to go to a internet cafe or use the work computer.
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #158 on: April 05, 2011, 11:15:44 pm »
John

The Australian Taxation Office does not care...and has no business to be concerned, where you buy a new computer for your Business ... if you choose to buy it in China, Aus or Timbuktoo...it is none of their concern ::) ::)

Just make sure you get a receipt for it if you buy it in China and also make a note of the serial number. Then you can declare it as an additional asset in your next Tax return and claim your depreciation allowance (accellerated because it is a computer by the way ). Should you ever have a Tax Audit (chances about 1 in a million) then you will have to get the receipt translated as proof of purchase.

If you never have an Audit...problem solvered  ;D ;D

David
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 11:18:36 pm by David E »

Offline john1964

• finally together
« Reply #159 on: April 15, 2011, 11:26:09 am »
Hey guys and girls, It has been many days since my last post on my love story but now i have an update  ;D
My ticket is booked and payed for and i will join with the most beautiful woman in China,,OK forgive me , They are all beautiful, I will be joining her in Beijing on the 21st of May , She tells me that she will run to me at the airport and give me the hugs and kisses that we have missed out on for the last three months,,It will be four months when we are finally together.
This time i am hoping that i can keep my emotions under control and keep the tears of joy at bay.

The plan is for us to stay in Beijing for two nights and then move on to Suzhou and then on to Hangzhuo, I have looked at these places on Google  Earth and they both look good to visit, Have any of you guys been there before???????.
She has plans for us to meet with friends in Handan when we finally get there and also to spend time with her family too,. For some reason i am really looking forward to see them again and spend some time at their home.
She recently sent me some more  photos and i was so happy to receive them, I was about to print them out and then noticed she was not wearing the wedding ring,,,,,Me being the totally unreasonable pig headed bastard that i can be, Thought the worst,,
(why do i punish myself??) Anyhow, I will not shed a light on the message i sent her but i will tell you all that i will always wait for an explanation and always practice the 24hr rule, She told me off and i accept that i was a truly unreasonable schmuck, 
Any how, We are stronger than ever and tonight we had our longest conversation ever on the phone, The laughter never stopped with us both practicing each others language and i am still here a happy man.

I have never felt so happy with a woman in my life as i do with my MinYing, I an not so stupid to say there will be no communication problems between us and also cultural problems too, She always gives me the strength when i am alone and down and also knows when to send me new pictures to lift my spirits too,
What have i done in my 46 years on this planet to deserve such a wonderful and beautiful woman??, I have been trying to figure this out but have no explanation.

It has been almost one year now,(23rd April), I remember arriving home and reading an admiration letter from a woman named MinYing Li , Her letter was so simple and seemed from the heart and i thought i would take a chance to reply to her, I never knew what was to transpire from that first reply but we both grew so close, She told me that she had been in contact with a guy from America for 6 months but not like we was every day, She , Like myself withdrew our profiles from chnlove and we are now husband and wife, Never before have i had someone to lift my spirits in the way she does , And i have never before enjoyed shopping for clothes, WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME??, ha ha, I told her that we would shop for dresses for her in Beijing as she has nice legs ^--^  She was a little embarrassed to read this as the translator read it before her,,
What can i say?, She tells me that she is as excited as a school girl waiting for our next rendezvous, Here am i waiting, hoping, praying, That if this is all a dream,,Then i wish i never wake.
Regards from John.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 09:30:15 pm by john1964 »

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• bopads.info
« Reply #160 on: April 15, 2011, 06:57:08 pm »
John, working on the 2 minute rule ha ha , many of the ladies do not feel safe wearing jewelery out , a bit like us walking aroumd with a hundred dollar note half out of our pocket , you only need one nasty with a box cutter and there goes finger , Sujuan even here in Melb will only wear rings if we are out together , and never to her work , regards Sujuan and Robert .
My QQ is   1994376895

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #161 on: April 15, 2011, 07:17:12 pm »
Wow, I had never even considered that point.  My wife wears my ring all the time.  I'll have to ask her if she feels safe wearing it in public.  She's a pretty street-smart girl and she's always among friends and family.  Also, she lives in a smaller city so maybe it's not as bad for crime.
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline john1964

• finally together
« Reply #162 on: April 15, 2011, 08:14:20 pm »
thanks guys, MinYing told me the reason she was not wearing the ring was for the reason that she might get robbed for it, I , after reading the latest posts to my love story now know they are in fear of loosing something so precious to them, She told me that the love ring was so close to her heart and if it got stolen she would be devastated, In five weeks from now she will wear it every day when we are together, I never thought about to possibility of it getting stolen as i am here from the west and a lot of western women flaunt their jewelery  as often as they can.
MinYing also never carries much in her bag compared to  western women, She always keeps her phone in her pocket and only 100 rmb in cash on her person,After reading these latest posts to my story i now understand why she never has much on her, Fear of loosing something so precious,,Thanks for the insight guys,,Really helpful in my better understanding of the Chinese woman.
Regards from John,
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 02:35:08 am by john1964 »

Vince G

« Reply #163 on: April 15, 2011, 11:25:30 pm »
FYI, Here in the states most women have downplayed their jewelry for fear of getting mugged (robbed). Any smart criminal knows for the past few years or so diamonds produced have a serial number embedded onto it now, only visible with a microscope. Making it traceable. 

Arnold

« Reply #164 on: April 16, 2011, 12:07:06 pm »
John , to your question .. if anybody ever been to Hangzhou . I have twice and it is one of my all time favourite places in China . For many Chinese also . Beautiful Parks , West Lake , Temples and a must is .. take your Lady and yourself .. put yourself on two Bicycle's ( or one Tandem ) and do the around the Lake Ride . It is just awesome ! From Shanghai , with the faster Train now .. it only takes less than one Hour .. as before just under two .