Author Topic: my love story  (Read 111708 times)

Offline Peter Arnold

• Milestogo
Re: my love story
« Reply #330 on: December 18, 2011, 05:18:14 pm »
All the best John. It is looking a little chilly where you are heading. I am sure you will be safe and warm with Minying. At least you will be further south than where I am heading. I think that I have no idea as to how cold it will be in Harbin. You are lucky to have more meat on you than me. Have a great time. How long are you away for? Hope you get to enjoy some arse cream while you are there.
It is never too late to be what you might have been

Offline john1964

• finally together
« Reply #331 on: December 19, 2011, 05:32:05 am »
Ha ha , Thanks Peter, No Arse cream for me, I will be away for about 28 days, I will, And always do take plenty of photos, Still cant figure out how to post many photos on the "media"section, I have many thousands of photos to my credit over the last 4 trips, Maybe someone here can advise me how to do so, Anyway guys and girls, two more sleeps, whos jealous?  ;D John .

Offline Clayton

« Reply #332 on: December 19, 2011, 06:02:08 am »
 Anyway guys and girls, two more sleeps, whos jealous?  ;D John .
[/quote]

ME
Have a good trip bloke

Cheers

Leeroy
This is the way to go

Vince G

« Reply #333 on: December 19, 2011, 07:40:00 am »
Not sure if you can upload thousands of photos but you can start an album and upload your fav there.

Offline john1964

• finally together
« Reply #334 on: December 28, 2011, 08:10:13 am »
The flight from Perth to Beijing was pretty good without much turbulence, It seemed to take forever to arrive but i guess that was just me watching my watch every five minutes or so, I passed through customs without a hitch and was approaching to greeting area and the doors opened about thirty meters in front of me  and there she was, The biggest smile on her face and her arm in a  sling , She fought her way through the crowd and we were reunited once again, From being someone who was once too shy to show her affection in public, She has changed so much, Not worrying about the older Chinese people looking at her now with a look of disapproval on their faces.
 We made it to Beijing train station with about an hour to spare and then she told me that she was hungry, We found somewhere to eat and then she ordered  ??? It wasnt a small meal but she managed to put it away with no problem and then said "I am still a little hungry", Ok, I am not going to complain about missing our train and having to wait another two hours for the next one because she was hungry :-X.
Christmas day came and we was invited to the policeman's home for another slap up meal, "boy he can  cook", Only a couple of glasses of bai jiu this time and then for a walk around Handan, We went to a big park where people were letting off small hot air balloons and there were hundreds and hundreds in the sky, People everywhere on this  freezing cold evening but they were all  having a good time, Impossible to get a taxi back to the hotel as it was so busy that night, We are staying in the usual hotel where we were greeted happily by the staff and the young lady who supervises the morning breakfast was happy to see us once again.
Stayed the night at the family home last night and was force fed until i nearly burst, As usual my breakfast consisted of about 500mls of bai jiu and about thirty dumplings"yes someone mentioned dumplings again", It was -5 when i looked at the thermometer last night as we huddled in our cold bed, Not so bad this-morning so i decided to go for a walk after breakfast, Got lost for 2 hours  ;D but had warm greetings from the locals and eventually found my way back to the family home where MinYing told me she was worried and went looking for me, She wont let me from her sight now just in-case i do another Houdini act,
I  must say that MinYing is asking a lot from me since the broken wrist, She insists that i bathe her every night as she has trouble washing everywhere,  ;), The things we do for love, he he , photos  tomorrow and MinYing is going to have the cast changed on her arm, Hope the photo-shop guys can do wonders for me  :D, First wedding anniversary to celebrate on 12/30, Looking forward to many more, MinYing and John.     

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #335 on: December 29, 2011, 08:21:07 am »
Great to read all your news and also look at the photo's of you guys while we are in shorts and thongs ha ha , have a great time and may you all stay safe over the New Year , regards Sujuan and Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline Scottish_Robbie

« Reply #336 on: December 29, 2011, 09:25:40 am »
great read John, your 'being lost' brought back memories of my trip.  How did you cope in Beijiing trainstation, the trains are usually busy eh? ;D
Have a great time the rest of your trip mate.
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" Winston Churchill

Offline JamesM.Roberts

« Reply #337 on: December 29, 2011, 03:09:11 pm »
Yes Scottish Robbie's right Great Read- MinYing's beautiful John  -Had to laugh my butt off reading about your sacrifices....HAAA!  Happy Anniversary to you both
Anyone can pick up an apple off the ground, but the sweeter ones take a little work to get to!!

Offline shaun

« Reply #338 on: December 29, 2011, 03:34:27 pm »
 ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Offline Peter Arnold

• Milestogo
« Reply #339 on: December 29, 2011, 06:13:40 pm »
Good to hear from you John. Sounds like a very short account of your trip so far. You must be fairly busy and distracted. This is a good thing. Happy anniversary to you and Minying. I relate to your concerns about how you will look up against your wonderful wife in your photos. It is fortunate that they love us for who we are. Enjoy the rest of your trip
It is never too late to be what you might have been

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #340 on: December 29, 2011, 09:04:56 pm »
Happy Anniversary John and MingYing

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline john1964

• finally together
« Reply #341 on: January 09, 2012, 04:13:17 am »
Thanks for the anniversary wishes guys, We had a  quiet one together at a restaurant in Handan,
A few days later we joined our policeman friend and his lovely wife for a meal together of duck and veggies and many other treats, No sooner the meal got under way the dreaded bai jio came out, It seems that my wonderful wife brought a bottle from a shop next door and I did not notice the alcohol content was stronger than the usual, something like 68%  ???, Any way, The first bottle went down well and the meal was good, The second bottle was produced and about twenty minutes later I remember nothing  :P.
I do remember arriving back at the hotel where i was apparently helped,from the taxi and to the room :o, Our friends left and I do remember the call of nature so I managed to climb from the bed and go to the bathroom where I slipped on the wet floor , I grabbed for the basin (which was not secured)  and hit the deck, The sink came with me and smashed on the floor and my leg and I suffered a nasty gash below my right knee  :(, MinYing came in and helped me to my feet and I just wanted to sleep.
Next morning came and there was blood all over the sheets from my leg, We called the reception and reported my little fiasco and they insisted that i go to the hospital, Being the stubborn bastard that I am, I refused, Two days later my leg was infected, (serves my self right), MinYing went to the local chemist and got some medication which worked wonders for my war wound, he he , I had to pay the hotel compensation for the broken bowl 2000rmb  :-\, Anyway, My fault so I paid the price. 
MinYing and John .

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #342 on: January 09, 2012, 04:54:13 am »
I had to pay the hotel compensation for the broken bowl 2000rmb  :-\, Anyway, My fault so I paid the price. 

Thats the sort of breaking up we welcome to hear about.

That stuffs pretty potent and so damn cheap.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Arnold

« Reply #343 on: January 09, 2012, 11:15:28 am »
Boy , I've heard of FALLING in Love .. but you two really take the CAKE !!! :o ;D

They should just tie you two together , so maybe just maybe you two wont fall again . Four legs IS better than two in that case .

Offline Jason B

• Xia and Laura the most beautiful girls in the world
  • Xia - guardian of my heart.
« Reply #344 on: January 10, 2012, 09:27:55 pm »
HA HA, good story John, between the 2 of you Medicare should go broke when you get her here to Oz.

I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.