Author Topic: my love story  (Read 111707 times)

Arnold

Re: my love story
« Reply #375 on: January 29, 2012, 02:40:05 pm »
John, as you know .. you speak for many here that have found their wonderful Lady. Maybe we have found the "Fountain of Youth"? It definitely keeps me young!  :P :)

Nice Photo's as always!

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #376 on: January 29, 2012, 04:33:16 pm »
, I wonder if it can get any better, John.   

Yes John...it gets a LOT better when finally you both can be together permanently.......believe me, I know  ;D ;D

I hope the Consulate sends you some good news very soon.

Cheers...David

Offline Peter Arnold

• Milestogo
« Reply #377 on: January 29, 2012, 05:32:57 pm »
Good to hear from you again John. I hope you are settling in okay. Yesterday I had the time to reread your whole thread, with all the ups and downs. I hope that is a rhetorical question that you ask yourself as to why you fell in love with a woman so far away. I always feel like saying to friends and relatives when they ask me why I travel half way round the world to meet a woman when there are so many here, ' If you've got to ask, you'll never know'. I hope things progress well for you this year
It is never too late to be what you might have been

Offline lfputman3

• Don't count the days until, count the days after
« Reply #378 on: February 03, 2012, 01:30:32 am »
great story John, I do wish we could have caught up with the two of you. As for now, we are in full swing with "planning" and I have a full plate (about 18 hours a day) for tax season. let us know if you will be in town during mid/late March.

Lloyd
Better to plunge in and drowned, than sit on the pier wondering.

1744748245@qq.com

Offline john1964

• finally together
« Reply #379 on: February 03, 2012, 04:38:16 am »
Middle to late March ??, Maybe just a few days, I WANT TO BRING MY WIFE HOME

Offline lfputman3

• Don't count the days until, count the days after
« Reply #380 on: February 07, 2012, 12:18:34 am »
perfectly understandable, you are of course invited on March 16 if you're in town.

I'll be the one in the White trimmed monkey suit and my buddy/brother of many years from the army will have the red trim.

We are kinda waiting to see if the local news reports an invasion in Handan, considering they see me and John regularly, but I'm gonna have family and a friend or two along. That's alot of laowei in that poor town.   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Better to plunge in and drowned, than sit on the pier wondering.

1744748245@qq.com

Offline john1964

• finally together
« Reply #381 on: March 07, 2012, 01:27:25 am »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;DJohn and MinYing Heather would like to announce the arrival of her passport with a new healthy visa to Australia granted on 05/03/2012, Mother and visa will arrive home before 28 June to an overwhelming welcome, We got the good news today as we were both talking on QQ international, Both of us were a little teary to say the least, This is the best news we have had in such a long time, Update soon, John and Minying. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Peter Arnold

• Milestogo
« Reply #382 on: March 07, 2012, 02:01:02 am »
John, That's damn good news. I understand what a big deal it is for you and Minying. And , hey, thanks for your support along my journey. I am still in China at present, but will be home soon. I am glad to be the first one to congratulate you two
It is never too late to be what you might have been

Offline Clayton

« Reply #383 on: March 07, 2012, 02:31:04 am »
You little bloody ripper.

Congrats to the both of you, one day I'll know the feeling you are experiencing right now and as for her reception at the airport when she arrives well our list of family and friends is growing all the time.

Anyway John, I wish you and MinYing all the best and hope the next three months don't drag too much.

Cheers
Leeroy

PS I'll bet you can't wipe the smile off your face right now
This is the way to go

Offline john1964

• finally together
« Reply #384 on: March 07, 2012, 03:32:07 am »
Thanks guys, I really do not think nothing can remove the smile from my face today, I wont be waiting until the 28th June to go get my wife, As soon as she can organize herself I will book the tickets and go back to China and bring her home  ;D, Hopefully early April ,  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Jason B

• Xia and Laura the most beautiful girls in the world
  • Xia - guardian of my heart.
« Reply #385 on: March 07, 2012, 03:41:46 am »
Great stuff John, make sure you read the email that the embassy would have sent her.  It outlines all the entitlements etc.  Do not believe the bit about not being able to get a Medicare card.  She is entitled to a temporary one valid for about 1 year then apply again.  If I can be of any other assistance just let me know.
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.

Offline Clayton

« Reply #386 on: March 07, 2012, 04:32:36 am »
That reminds me Jason,  I asked medicare the other day what i had to do about including my wife on my card and they said we have to wait until she arrives and then bring her in and apply for it then.
Is that how it works?

Cheers
Leeroy
This is the way to go

Offline shaun

« Reply #387 on: March 07, 2012, 05:14:51 am »
You little bloody ripper,   :o :o :o  What the heck does that mean???

Anyway, Congratz to the both of you.   The light at the end of the tunnel helps a lot.

Offline Scottish_Robbie

« Reply #388 on: March 07, 2012, 07:08:39 am »
You little bloody ripper,   :o :o :o  What the heck does that mean???

I think it may mean he's happy ;D Cant be sure I thought he may have been shouting a dwarf Jack the ripper or something of that ilk...But then again you know those bloody Aussies cant speak properly like us Normal civilisations can..like wot we talk ;D ;D
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" Winston Churchill

Offline Mark_in_Canada

« Reply #389 on: March 07, 2012, 11:38:26 am »
Congrats John !!! Very happy for both of you !!!  :) :) :)