Author Topic: Astronomy  (Read 5471 times)

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
Re: Astronomy
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2010, 06:44:30 pm »
Here is one of the pictures I had taken several years ago with just my 35mm camera, the standard lens, and the barn door tracker I built for about $10.
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

Arnold

« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2010, 07:22:46 pm »
Nice Photo Dave , too bad it was Cloudy !

Hahaha

I miss night sky like that  :-\

Vince G

« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2010, 07:39:34 pm »
The Astroboy Computerized Telescope connect's to your CP/Laptop for Photo taking and saving . It's a 70mm Refractor Scope  # X31520-68 at $ 299.95 . It's on page 21 of NEW PRODUCTS

Not bad but I think I want a reflector type? Something like the Celestron 114Lcm Computerized Telescope.

Arnold

« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2010, 07:50:31 pm »
The Astroboy Computerized Telescope connect's to your CP/Laptop for Photo taking and saving . It's a 70mm Refractor Scope  # X31520-68 at $ 299.95 . It's on page 21 of NEW PRODUCTS

Not bad but I think I want a reflector type? Something like the Celestron 114Lcm Computerized Telescope.

For some strange reason , I never liked Reflector Scope's . I know you go bigger for less Money , but the Picture is not as clear . Well that's what I was told long ago .

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2010, 08:14:43 pm »
Nice Photo Dave , too bad it was Cloudy !

Hahaha

I miss night sky like that  :-\
Arnold,

It was not cloudy. That was a little mist starting in the night air. I was at the beach near my cottage taking this photo. This day there was a man that had some sort of break down and went a little wild. Took his 12 gauge and shot up the town a little. Then took of into the park where my cottage is, in his light blue minivan. I was at the beach with my light blue minivan taking pictures of the sky, with the tracker I built that has a bright red LED to light the timer it has. The ranger  kept driving by waiting for the SWAT team he had called on me. He thought I was the same person because my licence plate was 1 letter out of the one they were looking for, and he thought that the red LED was for targeting. (Mine was WAN *** the one they were looking for was WBN***. the numbers were the same too.) Almost all the pictures were ruined from the headlights from his vehicle. This one is the only one that sort of turned out, and because of the circumstances I kept it. I just happened to find it here.

At the time I had just found out about closing the apeture 1 or 2 f-stops to correct a problem I was having, you just have to expose the film a little longer. From about 4 or 5 minutes to 7 or 8 minutes per picture. I cannot find one of my favorite ones. I will post it if I ever find it.

Dave C
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

Arnold

« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2010, 11:08:28 pm »
Nice .. thinking you were the one . Did you carry your Gun in case they didn't believe your Story ?  ???

I use to take out the Camera with tripod and just aim it ^up^ at the Stars on F4 and left it open 5-6 minutes to catch shooting Star's as the rest started to Circle .I have them in my Garage somewhere , I also will look for them when I have time .

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2010, 07:30:24 pm »

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2010, 09:06:56 pm »
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Arnold

« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2010, 10:11:09 pm »
Very interesting Rhonald . AT&T is working on .. to see how much to $Charge$ for such Phone Calls to other Stars . This could be a little pricey and would most likely not be included in your Cell Phone Plan .