Author Topic: Visa Question.  (Read 3729 times)

Arnold

Re: Visa Question.
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2010, 05:36:40 pm »
Good point Willy . Now let them LAZY a** Bastard's get of their Sofa and DO something . Oh now it reminds me what Qing and I were talking about last night " China Schooling vs. US Schooling " . That is a nice damn ONE WAY street for the US Citizen . I'm sick of this BS . 42 year old with College Degree ( but in China/Japan ) not good enough HERE ? What do they want ? Them going back to School and start it all over .. ?
When I came here at 16 yrs. with Highschool done and two years College , these Bastard's actually wanted to put me back in School ( 10th grade ) . By my Tone , you can tell .. I was quite Insulted by this then . But , have School here and your welcome in China . If I was in the Chinese Gov . this is the fiorst thing .. I would put an end to . You except ours or get lost with yours .
Arrrrrh ...

Vince G

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2010, 08:02:10 pm »
Like the school system is so great here?    :o

Hey Arnold here's something you'll enjoy. When I went to the last school for the accounting, I had a van that needed a new master brake (ABS). They had an auto shop there that was a two year course. Speaking with some of the students (in their 20's) they said bring the van down and talk with the teacher. Well I took a short cut and just went over to talk with him. Gave him the run down of what was needed and he said they couldn't fix it there? HUH!?!? Turns out they don't teach or have any equipment for ABS brakes?

Offline MadeinAmerica

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2010, 12:54:53 pm »
Well, this post is probably a bit late, but...

My wife converted from a student visa (visiting scholar) to permanent residency in the States.  There was no requirement to leave, but you do need advance parole to travel outside of the country while you wait for the change in status.

And, her Chinese degrees are very much recognized here, both to qualify as a physician and by universities.  No problem at all.  Residencies are not recognized and she decided she did not want to do all of that again, so she went back to school.  All her prior coursework was recognized and credited, so she was able to skip the undergraduate coursework required other than taking sociiology, psychology and Freshman english (as they were not taught in China).

Immigration told me that finacee visas were fastest and best route for us, but for that she would have had to leave the country to apply for the visa.

We did all the paperwork ourselves and had no trouble getting approved.  We did need to show pictures and have a couple of letters from people who knew us, but it was no big deal.  I assume the fact that my wife was well educated and brought over  by a prestigious university may have helped, but the process was quite straightforward, if time consuming.