Author Topic: If you need advice and help from an in-service chnlove agency translator  (Read 27497 times)

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
Quote from: 'Proteus' pid='4817' dateline='1244117977'

Hi Everyone, Good evening, my evening!

About the age issue (females under 20 you found on chnlove), I did some further investigation and here's the outcome.

In Chinese Constitution, a citizen above 18 has the right of voting. In Civil Law, 18 has full capacity for private rights. In Marriage Law, 20 for women and 22 for men are the minimum age for marriage.

So I guess signing up to chnlove is a conduct which should comply with Civil Law, and marriage different.

Thank you for your reply and also your honesty in your last posting. I never doubted that the young girls had legal rights as an adult. It is just that if Chnlove so strongly states that the girls are serious for marriage, then any girl on their site should be ready, willing, and able to marry. If a girl was in jail, or already married, or underage for marriage law, then the ready and able part prevents marriage. So as a business owner, I would be dishonest if I was offering up for sale a product that I knew beforehand would not function as intended. Offering a ladies profile for communication while knowing they can not yet marry contradicts Chnloves mandate.

Of course Chnlove might reply that the girls are waiting to come of age while waiting for Prince Charming, but I believe this would be a weak excuse.

As I stated in a prior posting, I know you do not have a magic wand, but then the world would be an easier place if we had recourse to such magic. Instead, I can pass on my thanks to you Proteus for at least contributing to our form with the powers you do possess - Compassion and Knowledge.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 05:51:46 pm by Rhonald »
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Scottish_Rob

Proteus if you read my signature you will see my question.....Are you?
If you are then welcome to the brotherhood.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 06:23:31 pm by Scottish_Rob »

Offline Chong

Quote from: 'Martin' pid='4827' dateline='1244124113'

This was a very good post Proteus.  I look forward to future posts from you.  Welcome to the brotherhood.

Same feelings here Proteus. Of all your previous postings, your last one felt genuine ( not a form response ) and spoke to us in reality for the first time. Welcome to the group.

Offline Proteus

Hi Everyone, long time no see. :icon_cool: Hope you are all well.

Not many new questions. So I would like to make a post of the methods chnlove take to protect men as I promised in answer to Rhonald's concerns.

1. chnlove has a verification process to make sure the ladies are real. Every lady will have to submit and sign an application form and answer phone calls before their profiles will be put on site. As far as I know, absence of ID number and signature on application form and failure to answer phone calls will 100% lead to denial of proflile uploading. I'm not sure of other agency, but our agency has an additional requirement to ladies which is for them to provide their divorce certificate or evidence of unmarried status. So there is only divorced or unmarried ladies from our agency on chnlove. But on the side of men's profiles, I see divorce, unmarried, seperated and even Married (yes, married). She will of course have to provide her real name, and on men's profile's name option, I see a lot of interesting things. So to answer Rhonald's post, chnlove gives you women who are legelly ready for marriage. And we translators filter the men and pass those who are ready for marriage to ladies. As for intention, you are never 100% sure of the ladies, neither are they sure of yours before certain communication.

2. chnlove has a strict censorship and punishment system which prohibits women to ask for money or anything of material value in letters. The meaning is obvious. I haven't seen violation in our agency so far.

3. chnlove protects men's privacy. The information they submitted can only be legelly used in an authorized way within office of the agency (this rule is implemented strictly). There is even a regulation that claims a translator has no right to inform ladies if he find a man is writing to more than one ladies the translator knows. I think this regulation has something to do with Martin's post. But this regulation is never seriously obeyed. Also in an argument with a chnlove custome care girl, I clearly expressed my disagreement and her response implies if I tell ladies about the multi-correspondence relationships of their men, nothing serious will happen to me.

4. When a lady choose to end a communication and does not want to reply the last letter she receives, she has to give a reason which translators will send to chnlove staff and then from them to men. When a man decides to leave, he can choose to leave with silence.

These are some special features chnlove has. I did the comparison with other sites such as match.com, eharmony, cherryblossom, plentyoffish and so on, on which we help our ladies find men too. So chnlove is not the only basket for them.

See you later! :blush:

A piece of music, http://www.songtaste.com/play.php?song_id=387182
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 03:12:54 am by Proteus »

Offline victor-hills

I love the song proteus have you anymore really im tuched by the song.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 04:25:06 am by victor-hills »
Life is like an onion: You peel it off one layer at a time, and sometimes you weep.

Offline Proteus

Hi Victor, you can find more here

http://www.songtaste.com/user/36692/allrec

the three buttons at the end of the page, first is "select all", second is "play", third "add to your music box" (which requires log-in)
Here my heart feels an urge to say something about a newly hot thread, about a lady contacting more than one man. My point is here. Equal play is not fair play.

In the name of equal play, we can acknowledge U.S. and Al Qaeda the same right to use massive destructive weapon freely. In the name of fair play, no.

Let's review the definition of Fair, "free from favoritism or self-interest or bias or deception; or conforming with established standards or rules".

It's dangerous to lapse into this logic. When one side has the right to do something, the other has the same too. As a person of intergrity, we will always remember what we can do, what we cannot, regardless of what other people do.

According to my limited experience, all the successful relationships I witnessed, come from one-to-one communication which starts very early. It is not a good thing for us agency and chnlove to create an atmosphere which encourages or indulge men and women to try multi-correspondence. It is our mission to build their cofidence and give them possitive support to try one-to-one communication, which is the only way to true love in my opinion.

Surely true love takes risk. But the tradeoff is clear. When you pay 100%, you lose that 100% or you get 100% in return. When you pay 50%, you may lose 50% or get 50% in return. Even if someone is shrewd enough to pay 50% and have his or her partner paying 100%, God will ask from you that 50% you get more than your share, sooner or later, I firmly believe.

A translator has their job, also their mission. Sometimes the two contradict each other. My personal opinion, mission higher than job. As I have said before, a translator can at the same time help some people and do opposite to other people. Whether they do more helpful things or more hurting things, depends on their own conscience. (on this topic, I have some confession to make, maybe later)

So far, I showed no ability to change the relentless reality, in which men and women are both vulnerable to cheating from each other without effective protection. To challenge your strength and maturity, I will quote a remark from Vince where he was left "only to find she was just waiting for the first guy to make it there. Like it was a race of who crossed the finish line first." which cannot be more precise to describe the general reality of this trade of international marriage. Sorry it might be a little frustrating and disencouraging but you'll find out sooner or later. Sometimes your happiness depends not on who you are but on how fast you can make it.

My apology also to some special guests sooner or later. I predict if this forum's popularity and influence continues to grow, chnlove staff and even translators from other agencies might visit. I'm sorry if my words may not sound appealing to you but perhaps unpleasant advice is a good medicine.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 11:06:27 pm by Proteus »

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
Fair words Proteus. I have also come to a similar conclusion that acknowledges your comment about the horse race. I use to believe you find true love, but now, I believe you make true love happen. This changes true love from being a passive lucky response to an active response. So I can see the logic in your statement of international marriage.
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline China Shark

Proteus you are changing my initial opinion of you. I understand how you feel caught between loyalty to one's job and the real mission of this thing of ours. To be honest I am quite dissillusioned at this point with agencies as well as Chnlove overall. With that said I still back Chnlove in thier original mission statement of bringing East to West for a meaningful relationship leading to marraige. I took the easy way because I am an extreme guy with absolutely no patience whatsoever. In the back of my mind I knew it could go either way so I hedged my bets by securing my life here in case things didn't play out the way I prefered. I have no regrets about any of my decisions so far. I've met so many nice male and female Chinese that I can now call my friends. Yes, I agree Proteus about Chnlove being the least likely way to meet my future wife, although I have to agree with you to a certain point about all the girls wanting green cards. The majority would prefer it though I would have to say it isn't necesssarily a requirement. Right now I'm still searching for my soulmate through the free personals as well as introductions through mutual friends. Curious question for you Proteous, what age difference do you feel is most acceptable between a western man and an eastern woman. I am 46 yet could pass for 35 easy. I am very active {bodybuild 5 x a week}, do not drink, smoke and generally act more like a 25 year old. Please factor all of these into the answer. I just met a nice young lady {25 yrs} through a friend and would like to exchange langauge lessons as well as date her. She seems to like me and if nothing else at least we can become friends. Lately, I've been noticing extra special attention being paid to me by females especially when accompanied by a Chinese woman. It is a real ego boost and kind of cool to be the special one. Sorry, about the mistrust in the beginning yet we have been through so much deception on here that we do do not know who to trust sometimes. It is great that we now have an advocate on our behalf helping us and coaching us through the grey areas. The one thing I find about Chinese culture that is so frustrating is that the complete lack of ethics or morals when it comes to any type of business. I was talking to one of my fellow teachers and he came to the conclusion that the school's only real requirement of me was that I be a white person. Forget that I might be a really terrible teacher or some kind of nut, as long as we can hire this teacher to work as cheaply as possible. Yes, I am a idealist who has integrity. I imagined when I came here that everything would be different because the Chinese are so proud and honorable. Bottom line is money is god to the majority of the people in capitalistic societies. I do not agree with this therefore struggle with it on a day to day basis. Money means nothing to me, was always upper middle class so I never needed or wanted anything I could not attain. Happiness in the heart and soul are the truths we should be seeking. Seeking a Chinese woman is the only sensible solution to a sensitive guy. Guys like us are freaks in our own cultures, we need a woman who knows how to be a woman and most importantly act like one. With your help Proteous maybe we can help to make this thing even better.
China Shark Mike
Living life the way it should be. Following the path less traveled!!!!!!!!!

Offline Agarn

C S Mike

Ive noticed in many threads that your banging on about hot 25 years olds, no real problem with that, but the simple thing is , do you want children?  If you do want children then its up to you and the girl [plus her family] to make it work.  If you dont want children then they may not be the ones for you as at some time they mostly will.
You dont seem to interested in material wealth and it seems to work for you, but this may not work so well with prospective father in law, just a thought so please dont shout.
I must say you have a better chance to find a wife there than i do sat here, Shenzhen is full of attractive women of all ages.

Agarn

Shane

Money means nothing to me, was always upper middle class so I never needed or wanted anything I could not attain. Happiness in the heart and soul are the truths we should be seeking. Seeking a Chinese woman is the only sensible solution to a sensitive guy. Guys like us are freaks in our own cultures, we need a woman who knows how to be a woman and most importantly act like one. With your help Proteous maybe we can help to make this thing even better.
China Shark Mike

cut from the same cloth here..
The reason I came to chnlove.. but one kick to the nuts is all im taking.. I wont make that attempt to secure the future there. I wish you all the luck in the world during your persuit.

Offline victor-hills

Shane i really think you need to take a step back yes you was really unlucky with what happend to you and im sorry for that but take your time stop beating your self up about it lets face it could so easy of happend over there in the US with all the half truths and what not so chill out mate,get back to your norm life with what you was doing befor chnlove and mybe in time you my feel like giveing it a try agen if not move on to what eaver you want to do all the best mate.
Life is like an onion: You peel it off one layer at a time, and sometimes you weep.

Shane

yup yup.. no sweat like i said i'm gone as this issue is resolved by the main office.
i wish you guys all the best

Offline Proteus

Hello Everyone :blush:, today's topic is some new methods I noticed that chnlove took in the past half year. You can try to figure out their intentions.

1. Before, there was an indication in every man's profile for translators to see if this man had credits left on his account. Now it is hidden.

2. Before, there was an search option for tanslators to see men's last log-in time. Now we can't.

3. Now when we search for a man's profile or when men and ladies are already sending letters to each us through us, the system will automatically remind us when his birthday approaches.

4. A new function was put into use April this year. Now when a man sends a letter to a lady, agency can inform the lady with a sms message by hit a button on the page of the letter. However, chnlove hasn't make it a compulsory regulation so far, therefore in most cases our translators choose not to do it.

Surely the changes they made are more, above are some concerns you most.

A piece of music, http://www.songtaste.com/play.php?song_id=125829 :icon_cheesygrin:
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 10:45:53 pm by Proteus »

Offline China Shark

Agarn, don't sweat it I'm not going to give you a hard time for giving it to me straight. Guess I developed quite a reputaion on here already, somethings never change in life, lol. Yes, I am specifically looking for a young healthy preferably hot Chinese woman to bear the fruit of my loins. Almost had a child with the ex yet she had other plans, hence she is now on the outside looking to get back in. I'm 46 and want to bring heaven forbid another one of me into this world. The money is not an issue because for one it means nothing to me and two if I want to make a lot of money it is very easy because there is so much teaching work availible here. Not sweating the father in law at all because I'm not bad looking, young looking, successfull, sincere and generally a nice sensitive guy who would take care of his woman till the day I die. Yes, you are so right about beautiful women here in Shenzhen, just riding the bus home from work is a treat because of all the pretty ladies I encounter along the way. Now, I'm still currently unattached yet have met a really sweet girl through a mutual friend and I'm pretty sure I have a great chance with her. But at the very least I will make a good friend from a nice woman. Speaks Japanese, Chinese, English so I really want to get to know this one. She can help me with my Chinese as well as help me refresh my Japanese. Studied for a year in college and actually lived and taught in Japan in 93-94. There is a 21 yr difference yet it doesn't seem to bother her so I will go for it. Friday I plan on taking her out to dinner and then hit Starbucks to see if the chemistry is there. Sorry, I am going off on a tangent yet feel elated that this smoking hot young woman finds me appealing. So sue me already I like beautiful things in life. Face it all of us are attracted initially to the outside then we delve deeper into the more important parts of a woman. The heart and soul and all the things that make them special. Truth be told I'm not sure I really ever want to experience western women again after being pampered and spoiled by real femininity here. I mean that I look back at female friends and family back home and wonder what western guys see in them. The distinction of male and female is so blurred anymore that our cultures almost appear androgenous. Male nor female, just a generic stamp of homo sapiens. Sad yet true that western cultures are deevolving in the name of progress. Life is great here, have plenty of work that I enjoy, more than enough women to ever choose from, a sense of being respected and needed, can complain yet it would not be heartfelt. Like so many of you others on here I am a misfit who finally discovered the key to life, and that is to live and love a woman to the end of our days. Nothing complicated yet the journey is quite daunting to say the least. I think east and west make the most stable loving relationships and that is coming from a guy who has had a couple bad ones so far yet will not let go because the stakes are too high. Well, I guess that is rant enough for today, just killing time before my two hour lunchbreak.
China Shark Mike
Living life the way it should be. Following the path less traveled!!!!!!!!!

Offline Agarn

Yep, clears things up, but why use one word when ten will do, haha

Well im 52 and not looking to have babies, that time has passed, but seeking a lady that does not want children isnt easy, just stopped writing to a lady who wants a baby and she will be 42 next month, so you have a massive choice, good luck