Author Topic: Christmas in Sai Kung -Hong Kong  (Read 3980 times)

Offline chen yan

• http://chenyan19851010.spaces.live.com/
Christmas in Sai Kung -Hong Kong
« on: December 31, 2010, 09:04:24 pm »
This is my first Chirstmas spent in Hong Kong with friends. And also the first time to taste turkey.
How is brother's Chirtmas?
And Spring Festvial is coming, I will go back home at the end of this month, I will share some interesting photos of my hometown traditional Spring Festival custom when I come back  .
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 11:21:55 am by chen yan »
Love ,Joy ,Peace~

Offline halfpint

Re: Christmas in Sai Kung -Hong Kong
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 09:09:10 pm »
Looks like a great trip!  If you get a chance, have a turkey sandwich with the leftovers, you'll find cooked turkey gets much better when its a day to two old...at least to me it does

Alan
My qin ai de is in Shanghai, and I'm not

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 03:51:26 am »
I prefer it when my Turkey is 10 days old and have the remains not eaten on Christmas day have been in the garbage for the previous 9 days waiting for the garbage collectors to come round!   

God I even had a girlfriend once who made soup from the bones.  Good old days Never!

Willy

Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Philip

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 05:27:36 am »
Hi Yan,
you spent Christmas in my home town. I wish I was there. But I am in freezing Changsha with my wife. I go home tomorrow. Let me know when you are next in Hong Kong. It looks like you had a lovely time

Offline chen yan

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2011, 11:33:32 am »
Philip,Sai Kung is beautiful, isn't it ? Once you settle down there, you may not want to leave.
Love ,Joy ,Peace~

Offline kenny

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 11:29:13 pm »
Hi Yan, great pictures it looks so pretty there. Makes me long for spring and getting the boat back out as it is very cold and snowy here.

Linda and Ziwei had never had turkey till they came here either. How did you like it? I fry turkey a few times a year and it is always a big hit. Linda and Ziwei enjoyed it allot.

Offline chen yan

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 06:25:03 am »
Kenny, I was asking my friend to show me how to bake the turkey ,and I watche her how to do that, it is not an easy job, beacuse the turkey is very heavy and you need to tight it up. It's so hard...

Here I upload some more photos when I go back home for spring festival. Nothing to do ,but eat...

« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 06:30:49 am by chen yan »
Love ,Joy ,Peace~

Offline Kiwi303

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2011, 07:28:31 pm »
Turkey can be quite nice, on the farm mum owned up north before shifting there were wild turkeys, being in the southern hemisphere they aren't quite Christmas harvest critters here, so Turkey for Christmas is frozen birds

I'd head shoot them with a .22, they're dumb birds and only seem to use a single brain cell, so you have to be really careful about placing the shot right!

Once cleaned, plucked, dressed and stuffed we'd wrap them in tinfoil to form a large silver ball and bake that in the oven at 150 C for a LONG time, the foil only comes off once the bird is cooked through, and then the oven is turned up to 200 C and the bird roasted uncovered for 10 mins to crisp the skin. The foil keeps in all the juices and ensures the bird doesn't dry out.

Quite tasty :D

Nice photos Yan, cute girl :P