Author Topic: Brittish Embassy and Repatriation...  (Read 3370 times)

Scottish_Rob

Re: Brittish Embassy and Repatriation...
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2011, 09:02:00 am »
Apart from what Willy mentioned, money was also spent on travelling.  We travelled to Weifang (twice), Jinan, Qingdao, Beijing (twice), spending 4 days there, travelling to see the sights etc.  Also as someone mentioned it it more expensive in Beijing..

Offline halfpint

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2011, 11:04:41 am »
$450 a month to eat and live, that's amazing.  My girlfriend told me if I moved to China, and once are kids are grown up, we'd have everything we needed on a thousand dollars a month.  Unless we wanted a car, double that she said.  If you live in a place like Shanghai, a car seems to be an inconveniant item, it's just too easy getting around that city using buses, the subway and all the cheap taxis.

One thing that confuses me is the cost of property and the price of rents.  The cost of an avereage apartment in Shanghai seems to be about $500,000, yet rents seems to be so low.
My qin ai de is in Shanghai, and I'm not

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2011, 12:33:51 am »
My rent here is 1200 a month.  In Zhuhai it was 2400 a month and if I took a similar apartment in Guangzhou it would cost me at least 5000 a month.

But I am buying a two bedroom apartment here in Zhongshan for 290,000 rmb. 

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Lee357

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2011, 11:23:53 am »
kiwi, if you are looking to come to ChongQing I would be happy to get together with you. I live in Chongqing in ShaPinBa district. Have lived here continuously for 4 months now. I  love it here, lots to do, rent is reasonable and local schools pay good for the area. Well truthfully it depends on the school. The pay is about the same if you compare public with public and private with private. Chongqing finally complied with national law and stopped handing out local work permits/visas so do not let the school tell you they can get it here for you. They could up until this month but no longer.  pm me if you want my contact info and i will be pleased to do what i can to help you out.
Does it matter to the bird if an apple is Red or Green? Or does the bird just care that the apple is sweet.