Author Topic: What if ???  (Read 5528 times)

Arnold

What if ???
« on: January 19, 2011, 11:24:59 am »
Yesterday , I got myself in some kind of trouble with my LaoPo . Due to what I had written in my Blog . For any of you would had the chance to read it , you might know why . Anyway , I had to edit my Blog Post this morning as I had promised my Sweetheart I would .
To point out what kind of upset her , is I put her name and called Hu Jintao a good ole Friend .. that was the first  NO-NO . Second , I put my Foot in my Mouth and said that I like Him .. also a big NO-NO . Third , I said I invite him for Dumplings .. which I left .. because that wasn't too bad in her eyes .

Now this shows how much my LaoPo dislikes the Communist Party , which I had a hint off .. but not that much . So , this is why I started this new Thread .. to ask if any of you Member's/Brother's here .. are dealing with a Lady/Wife - her Parent's that are member's of that Party ? This will change alot of an Relationship of course , because if your dealing with a Lady that is working with the Government/Party .. she will most likely NOT leave China . Why would she , working for the Gov. is pretty much SET for Life .. Job wise . I wouldn't leave a Job like this either . As I had witnessed when Qing's Cousin pay us a Visit . These People really have it made .

As far as I know , nobody here has ever mentioned their Lady was with the Party .. that's good .. unless your planning on moving to China to Live . This is also an important question to ask upfront of whomever your dealing/communicating with .... !

Offline mustfocus

Re: What if ???
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 12:14:24 pm »
Hi Arnold,

As I understand it, if you've gone onto higher education, you're automatically part of the communist party.  I forgot where I read or saw it.  I just remember someone was asking because in the Canadian immigration form, they ask if you've ever been a communist party member.
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

Offline Jason B

• Xia and Laura the most beautiful girls in the world
  • Xia - guardian of my heart.
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 08:05:09 pm »
Interesting subject.  I do not know Xia's view on the government.  I will ask her when I go over I do not think it will be good to talk about on QQ.  In her mum's apartment there is a small bust statue of Mao and every time we go there she says that is Chairman Mao.  Maybe a throw back to the dark ages of China before the enlightenment and decadence of the west made its evil way into the hearts and minds of the Chinese.

I have been asked my own opinion of the country and government and I can only come up with, it is a western country with a different government view to the typical western style of government.  But all the people I have seen or had contact with neither seem to care or be aware of being in a policed state.   I can only speak for myself but having been to China 3 times now and to my mind I am not even aware of being in a Communist country.  I have been to Vietnam before and I was more conscious of people (government official looking people/police) staring or watching your every move than at any time in China.
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 09:08:36 pm »
I think higher achievers are encouraged to join the party, it opens doors and i think also results in a slightly bigger pension as well as honour for the family that's offspring achieved. It more complicated than that but that's my understand it from what someone who was a higher achiever told me. They are also encourage to volunteer for certain state events as helpers etc , its seen as very patriotic to do.
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline shaun

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 12:47:22 pm »
To me this is a real touchy subject.  I wonder if the Chinese government monitors this?  I wonder if Homeland Security Monitors this?  I made a decision a long time ago to not talk about politics.  Peggy will occasionally mention something but it is only while we are speaking.  We did talk a little about Hun Jintao last night.  It was interesting to hear her take on the dinner in the White House and what is happening between the two governments.  The funny thing is that it seems the focus of the media in China is completely different than the media here in the US.

Our agreement is to talk on surface issues until she moves here then we can have a more open discussion on politics.  It makes me happy in one regard but then I worry because this could be a major factor in our relationship.  So here is to hoping for the best.

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 04:45:14 pm »
Having made quite a few trips to China now, I am not so sure that this "Communist" Government is the "bogey Man" it sometimes is made out to be !!
I truly think that within their "Communist" system, the average Chinese has a lot more personal freedoms than we do.....and a lot less Beaurocracy that for us is always in our face with mega-thousands of rules, restictions and "cant do's"

Sure, Chinese people have one very bad outcome by being in a Communist State....they dont have the right to protest against Government, they dont have the right to dump their Government at election time if they think the Government has stuffed up.

This is the main difference between our Political systems. As we all know, we can protest against anything we want to, and when our various Governments make life hell for us...we can ditch them at election time.....and all will be well.....DUH.........and of course, when we find the Beaurocrats have messed up our life, we can get changes because we live in a Democracy...WRONG.....try changing anything in any Government Department, especially Immigration...you all know how easy that is !!!

There is no real difference....same"s**t....different day/Country as far as Politics go !!!!

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2011, 05:25:35 pm »
Well, for any of the guys dating a Hunan woman, Chairman Mao came from Hunan.  I saw many posters of him when I was in Hunan province, and he seems to be well liked.  Since he is the father of the modern Chinese Government, I would think you might want to pick your words carefully.

Offline Kiwi303

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2011, 08:19:29 pm »
This is the main difference between our Political systems. As we all know, we can protest against anything we want to, and when our various Governments make life hell for us...we can ditch them at election time.....and all will be well.....DUH.........and of course, when we find the Beaurocrats have messed up our life, we can get changes because we live in a Democracy...WRONG.....

Governments are here one day and gone the next, Bureaucracy is forever!

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2011, 08:49:20 pm »
Governments are here one day and gone the next, Bureaucracy is forever!

Of course Bureaucracy remains - that red tape is very sticky and when your try to peal it off, you just get more stuck and entangled.
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline halfpint

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2011, 08:52:14 pm »
My girlfriend told me I shouldn't talk about political issues when I am in China, because no one will want to listen.  She also said they are able to protest against some government decisions, when the government lets them.
My qin ai de is in Shanghai, and I'm not

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2011, 01:54:33 pm »
Guys, I'm gonna close this topic, hope you understand. Politics is an area we really should stay clear of here, myself included.
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2011, 02:34:49 pm »
Good point Irishman...we did agree that this was to be a non political site.  Sorry guys.

Offline maxx

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2011, 07:41:33 pm »
you wimps come on let it run.they are almost to the name calling part :P

Arnold

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2011, 01:39:45 am »
Sorry , I meant this Thread as a warning and not go the Political way it happen to turn . So be it .