Author Topic: It better happen this time.............  (Read 12226 times)

Offline john1964

• finally together
Re: It better happen this time.............
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2011, 10:11:49 pm »
Congratulations Jason and Xia, Another happy couple, all the best from the crew down under and enjoy every minute of the rest of the stay in beautiful China, It will pass so quickly, I really hope you have better luck with the tourist visa than i did,  Pictures please, keeps all with a smile on or faces when we see more of happy couples in China when we are so far apart from our loved ones, Again congratulations from MinYing and John.

Offline halfpint

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2011, 10:17:21 pm »
Congratulations, sounds like you are having a fantastic time.
My qin ai de is in Shanghai, and I'm not

Arnold

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2011, 10:59:02 pm »
Congrat's Jason , enjoy hearing good news from one more Member as always . I guess now your Boat Building will take a time out ? ???

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2011, 12:24:57 am »
Congrat's Jason , enjoy hearing good news from one more Member as always . I guess now your Boat Building will take a time out ? ???

Sorry to PUNish you again Arnold, but those lonely nights when Jason misses his wife he needs to either keep at his hobby of boat building - Argonuts

Congrats Jason of finding your Golden Fleece.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 12:26:57 am by Rhonald »
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Paul Todd

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2011, 01:06:33 am »
I would like to add my congratulations to you both as well. May you have many wonderful years together  :)

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2011, 04:38:24 am »
Heartiest congratulations to you Jason , and also to your beautiful bride Xia , from Sujuan and Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline shaun

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2011, 05:08:11 am »
Congratz Jason.

Offline seagull

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2011, 09:39:52 am »
I remember reading about your first trip not that long ago (September last year maybe?)

It's amazing how your life has changed for the better in such a relatively short space of time and have met someone special in Xia and are now married.

This is a great story that inspires the rest of us. Congratulations and enjoy the remainder of your trip.

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2011, 05:02:58 am »
Congratulations Jason! I hope that the two of you will be very happy.

Dave C
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

Offline Jason B

• Xia and Laura the most beautiful girls in the world
  • Xia - guardian of my heart.
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2011, 03:36:20 am »
OK guys I have been home in Sydney since Saturday, and like so many here I miss my Lao Po more than anything.  Unfortuantly she was unable to get her tourist visa in time to accompany me, but we are still hopeful that Xia can come this weekend or early next week.  Still awaiting the passport to come back from the Consulate.

Speaking of the Consulate on the day that we submitted the tourist visa we also submitted her permanent residency visa application.  5 days later she recieved an email that told her that the application had been accepted as a valid application and that she is to do her medical now as this is the last piece of paper they want from us and then to submit the results with her passport to the Consulate.  Is this the normal practice and time frame from any of my fellow Aussies?  It has us a little concerned; how can she come here on her tourist visa if they want her passport in China?  She rang the consulate (a little tip here; do not ring them before 2pm Mon, Tue, Thurs, Fri - no phone on Wednesdays) and spoke to her case manager and the case manager ask Xia a lot of personnel questions about us, my family, work etc. pretty much what David E put in the Requirements pages of the Forum and after about 40 mins of questions told Xia that she had just done her phone interview and they do not require her to go to Guangzhou at all.

This all seem very strange and fast to us, any comment guys?  Are we reading too much into this and just hoping that we are processing quickly? 

I have attached some photos of our trip that I just managed to save onto a memory stick prior to my computer throwing all of its toys out of the cot.  I got to watch the power light slower dim and extinguish itself like the terminator one week before I left Shenzhen to come home.  So now my computer has decided that it does not want to be play anymore and is happy just to be a paperweight.  I will take it to the shop and see if they can atleast retrive all the pictures of my trip and videos from the harddrive then they can bury it.

Any comment welcome of course.....
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2011, 05:06:22 am »
Jason

Your experience with the Consulate is very similar to Ming's...they had her interview done and requested her passport only a couple of weeks after we submitted the paperwork for the Visa.
We have now gone 100 days since the submission, and from some "internet " source or other that she has where she talks to other LP's who are waiting for visa, she tells me that many women who submitted paperwork in December have got their visas last week (both from Guangzhou and Shanghai)....so we are sitting here with fingers and legs crossed hoping for some resolution fairly quickly from now !!!

We did "lose" 10 days of processing time with our holiday in Thailand...so that may have put Ming a little back in the queue....but here's hoping

My Lawyer tells me that their internal "benchmark" is 9 months from document submission...but most applications are taking between 2 and 4 months to process.

In your particular case, I believe they want Xia's passport right now so they can affix her Tourist Visa inside it, and return it quickly so she can come to Aus.  At some time later, they will re-call her passport to affix the Spouse Visa...I understand that she MUST be out of the country before they will process the final Spouse Visa details.

Good luck

David

« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 06:27:53 am by David E »

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• bopads.info
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2011, 07:11:31 am »
Jason , as is usual the left hand may not know what the right hand is doing , so they probably do not realise they already have her passport as I bet someone else is looking after her tourist visa , although I was suprised about the tourist visa in leu of a temp spousal visa , but then as we here have confused the immigration system totally , I am glad that we have a smart lawyer looking after us , as Sujuans daughter returning to China confused the issue as she was appalled at the poor teaching in year 10 , so she has gone back to board in an International school in Shenyang , but we chat several times a week and she does have family that she can stay with on a weekend , regards Sujuan and Robert .
 Oh and my computer died a couple of months ago and I lost a hell of a lot of photo's so I quickly learned to back up ha ha .
My QQ is   1994376895

Offline Jason B

« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2011, 06:56:52 am »
Well Xia had her medical on Friday and passed with flying colours.  The doctor will send the results to the consulate on Monday.  We are going to bite the bullet so to speak and take the tourist visa so she can come here next week.   The way we are looking at it if she gets the permanent visa soon (as her case manager seems to think) all the better and I will gladly buy her ticket back to China to pick it up, but I do not want us to be sitting here in 3 months time without the permanent visa and saying why did we not use the tourist visa.
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.

Offline Jason B

« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2011, 04:10:53 am »
I am in shock.............Xia has recieved her Partner (Provisional)(Class UF) subclass 309 visa already!!!!!  It was only submitted on 21/03/11.

We will be making plans in the next couple of days for her to come here permanently.

As I say I am shocked about the decision coming so soon, for all those still waiting I have everything crossed for you and know you will be typing a similar post soon.

I will update on the final processess as they develop.

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• bopads.info
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2011, 05:09:17 am »
Wonderful news Jason , terrific how quick that was , guess that was to get ahead of the next boatload of you know who's , now things will never be the same for Sidney ha ha , regards Sujuan and Robert .
My QQ is   1994376895