Author Topic: Waiting Can be Hard...  (Read 10055 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Soon the Family will be Complete.
  • She Was A Wonderful Wife
    • Jim N Libo
Re: Waiting Can be Hard...
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2011, 05:17:04 pm »
5 whole months WOW. My wife and I are into our 2nd year of waiting. And nothing new is happening.  I am hoping this new lawyer will stir up something.
Jimmy Henson

Offline shaun

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2011, 07:57:43 pm »
Jimmy,  I realize it has been a long time for you.  I really don't know how you've done it.  This is the part I have feared the most.  Once I make my mind up to do something then I am ready to do it so any kind of delay frustrates me.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2011, 03:45:33 am »
Waiting can be hard
the price of  my Chinese wife
Tis penned my Haiku

Richard Marx - Right Here Waiting
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 03:51:15 am by Rhonald »
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline Jason B

• Xia and Laura the most beautiful girls in the world
  • Xia - guardian of my heart.
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2011, 04:34:20 am »
that song is our lot in life exactly, I would rather have 5 minutes with Xia than a lifetime without her.

My long wait is about to start, it will suck, it will be frustrating, it will take its course, but IT WILL DEFINITELY BE WORTH IT.

Hang in there guys, there is a light at the end of the tunnel and it is not be an approaching train, it is the landing lights of the plane with your Lao po onboard coming to be by your side forever.
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2011, 08:47:14 am »
Talking about waiting, I thought of this song.  I think most of the ladies will recognise the song (from the 90's)... 妳知道我在等妳嗎? I will leave the translation to your better halves, but this song is very touching...

(I need to find some more cheerful songs or else)
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

Offline David S

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2011, 06:30:55 pm »
I have a friend who lives in Shanghai.  She is a lady I talked to very early on in my experience on chnlove.  Any way, she decided to marry a Chinese man that I later found out she had been seeing before I started writing to her via EMF.  Well we have been talking and have become good friends on yahoo.  SO she married this Chinese guy and they now have a five month old infant.  ( I know these chinese move very fast in some areas, and slow in others.)

She told me they don't trust the Chinese baby formula and asked if I could send her some Similac.  The price for six 12oz powdered cans at Costco was just under $60 US.  Then to ship it with 5 - 7 day service and package tracking was another $60 US.  So a total of $120 US to ship six cans of Similac to Shanghai, and this is STILL cheaper than if she had bought the exact same stuff off the shelf there in China.

Offline shaun

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2011, 06:18:58 pm »
Five Months 13 days!!!!!!!    NOA2 Approved

michael franti & pink one step closer to you demo

Portions of this song express how I feel.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 06:35:01 pm by shaun »

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2011, 07:57:40 pm »
Congratulations Shaun! Are you happy now?

Jimmy and Rhonald,

I feel for you two brothers here. The wait must be excrutiating to say the least. I am watching this now because it is on my mind a lot these days because I may join the ranks of the waiting sometime soon.

Dave C
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

Arnold

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2011, 10:50:10 pm »
Waiting is a hard price to Pay , but the Reward is second to none ! Being Married for close to three year's and to think .. it is still like a Honeymoon . Who else can claim this .. but us here .. that are successful finding their Lady/Wife ? Chin up - tear's locked up - smile on your Face - thinking of what's to come ! Will get you through !

Offline shaun

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2011, 04:38:57 am »
Dave extremely happy but I still have a long way to go.   Until yesterday I felt like we were in limbo, not knowing if we were getting past the first major test.

Others thanks for your comments.

Offline shaun

« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2011, 05:34:17 pm »
A little more of an update, who am I kidding a lot more of an update.  ::)

It is customary for Homeland Security to wait two week before sending your I-129F to the NVC then anywhere from 1 - 4 weeks for your case to be forwarded to the Embassy.  Well it took 10 days to do something that should have taken 4 - 6 weeks.  I am good with that because I waited so long for the first step.

My first rude awakening to this was when Peggy showed me she had a letter from Consulate in GZ.  I went to work getting the DS-230 put together so that she could send it back to the consulate.  That completed and in the mail Peggy wondered what all of this stuff was written in English, in fact we talked about it extensively.  Well, I was wrong, someone was about to poo poo in my corn flakes.

Peggy went out to lunch with her childhood friend that was a school teacher and could read English; very well I might add.  The basic issue here was in understanding each other.  We both thought we were on the same page but we were not.  It was either that or panic set in.  Anyhow the two of them got it set in their minds that I didn't like either one of Peggy's children or grandchild and was not going to bring any of them over.  Needless to say Peggy was upset.  The bottom line was that I put in the application that no one was coming with her or follow her.  After a couple of nights trying to sort all of this out I came to the conclusion that she panicked because she learned that her son would not be able to come soon after his 21st birthday which was less than 3 months away at the time.  In America the waiting list right now is 8 years.  So then I knew why she was upset and justifiably so.

I'll finish this story later.  A little trick I learned from Rhonald.  ;D

Offline shaun

« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2011, 08:48:09 pm »
So the brakes went on and we stopped, talked it through and decided to apply with her son coming with her.  I consulted with several people including Robert Snellgrove, which by the way, knows his stuff, and proceeded forward.

Peggy re-did her DS-230 application and included  her son's birth certificate.  Yesterday I sent her all of my information which weighs 6 lbs 11 oz and cost $63.00 to send.  The end of this week I will telephone the Consulate in GZ and ask for an expedite because of an age out.  If all goes well Peggy and her son could be here as soon as May 1 then the real work begins getting all of paper work completed so that he can stay.

One think I would like for newbies and oldbies to understand and remember.  Don't be surprised when you do not understand each other.  My only job as far as I was concerned was to assure Peggy that I was more than happy to bring her son here.  Fortunately he is a good kid and we get along pretty good.

Offline Jason B

• Xia and Laura the most beautiful girls in the world
  • Xia - guardian of my heart.
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2011, 10:52:16 pm »
Hopefully everything is full steam ahead now Shaun.  I completely understand the lost in translation thing.  But as you have mentioned talking through whatever problem no matter how small it may seem is the best way to go.  Hopefully we will be reading a successful outcome soon.
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.

Offline john1964

• finally together
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2011, 12:13:04 am »
Good luck Sean,,Jason,,Lost in translation,,How many times have i been there ??, more than i want to remember.

Offline halfpint

« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2011, 12:31:07 am »
Good luck, hope it goes well and speedy for you.
My qin ai de is in Shanghai, and I'm not