Author Topic: Waiting Can be Hard...  (Read 10058 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Soon the Family will be Complete.
  • She Was A Wonderful Wife
    • Jim N Libo
Re: Waiting Can be Hard...
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2011, 06:59:27 am »
Good luck Brother. Don't pay to much attention to the time frames they tell you. If they were right my wife would have been home last year.
10 minutes ago the postman showed up with her visa. It won't be long now.  It's easy to get discouraged, but my wife kept me straight.
Jimmy Henson

Offline john1964

• finally together
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2011, 10:00:05 am »
Wow Jimmy, She got the Visa,,I am so happy for you both, Minying and myself will have to wait patiently for hers but we will be together soon, Best of luck for the future Regards from MinYing and John.

Offline shaun

« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2011, 10:49:57 pm »
Great joy Jimmy.

Offline shaun

« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2011, 06:59:11 am »
Thanks Robert.

Thanks to all of you for your kind comments.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 12:07:43 pm by shaun »

Offline shaun

« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2011, 10:50:12 pm »
Well the waiting for now has come to an end.  Peggy had her interview today.  She didn't get the visa.  They told her that I am not divorced and that I still live with my ex-wife neither of which is true.

It is late and I will learn and tell more tomorrow.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 05:12:18 am by shaun »

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • Board Moderator
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2011, 11:09:51 pm »
That's interesting.   How did they come up with that? Scary they can make a statement like that without contacting you first to get the real story. You are the applicant, they should have contacted you first.  I hope they dont see that Jing and I still own property together and make the conclusion that we are still married.
Keep us informed. 
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 11:21:15 pm by Pineau »
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE

Vince G

« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2011, 11:17:53 pm »
Spoke with my lawyer yesterday about a state government issue. Even thou there's a court order for them not to harass me. I got notices from two state agencies. I can't write here what he said but it was something like this... We are dealing with f*****g A**h**es that work there and think they have the power to do what they want. Of course I agree. 

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2011, 12:15:59 am »
Sorry to hear that Shaun, I can imagine what Peggy made of that. How can they make such statements without making sure they are current and correct, they are dealing with peoples lives here?? I hope you can get this straightened out ASAP.
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline maxx

« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2011, 12:18:48 am »
Wow that is the first time I've heard that excuse for not granting a visa.It sounds like GZ got there wires crossed.Give it a day.Then have Peggy fax you the denial from GZ.See what it says.GZ cannot just make things up.Just to Deni a visa.

Shaun this may sound a little strange.But ask Peggy.If somebody approached her outside of the consulate.And offered to be her lawyer.For a fee.The person would of said something like I can guarantee.That you will receive a visa.Let me know this is real important.

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2011, 12:26:27 am »
Shaun

I am so sorry to hear this news...especially to be "shot down" by such a blatant piece of beaurocratic bullsh*t

I hope that a speedy resolution is possible...I find it hard to believe that they can make such a fundamental mistake after all the paperwork you (and us all) have to go through......words fail me !!

David

Offline shaun

« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2011, 05:27:28 am »
After a few short hours of sleep and another telephone call from Peggy I am still in the dark a little but I did learn a little more.

Gerry my house is in mine and my fathers name.  My ex-wife's credit is so bad that it was a deal killer for almost anything.  I will tell you that you might want to include a letter explaining everything.   One of the consulate's issues was that we were living in the same house.  We were not.  We haven't lived together for 2 years.  Peggy and I have been talking only 18 months.

So I will start gathering all of the evidence tomorrow I think.  Today I am only interested in calming Peggy down and reassuring her that everything will be alright.  At 9:00pm in China she and I will talk via computer and I will hopefully find out exactly what the denial papers say.

Simply put, this is nothing more than a SNAFU.  But then what would you expect from the government.

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2011, 06:17:08 am »
God, that's a frightening prospect, to have that type of news given to Peggy.   I can't imagine how my wife would react if she was told that.  That's just awful. 
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • Board Moderator
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2011, 10:08:33 am »
Regardless of your living arrangements with you ex wife, it is not their call to pass judgement on you. You are legally divorced and can prove it. Divorced couples  sometimes live together for a variety of reasons. It does not mean they are still married. It is a necessary arrangement until you both can sort out your lives.

Good idea. Have her take a photo or scan it into the computer so you can read it too. I don't know if a web cam is capable of rendering a good enough quality to be readable on QQ.  Perhaps she can fax it to you from an internet cafe.
 If you need some help we are just about an hour from Shenzhen. I have a scanner on my computer. If you think she needs the help then send her here to Guangzhou.

I'm sure you can prove everything you say but it is a real hassle for you to jump through some more hoops for some uncaring bureaucrat. I hope you can sort it out soon.

Good grief. I hope they don't pull this shit on me.  I think the records I have logged in this forum and the chops in my passport can prove that I have been living in China since before the divorce and only returned to the USA a couple of times to settle some business.  But as I said, it would be a reall hassle to gather up all the information.

Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE

Offline shaun

« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2011, 10:54:48 am »
I spent almost 2 hours talking with her.  She will send me a copy of the paper tomorrow.   Right now I am thinking that someone has interfered with this process and has given them false information.  Two time in her interview a person went into the room and got papers and then left.  3 or 4 questions were asked in English and then she was told that she was denied.

I'm not making any accusations it is just highly irregular.  My marriage status was decided back in January 2010 when the Vermont USCIS gave their approval.  So, to be re-opened and questioned tells me that someone told the office in Guangzhou a lie and they were looking for us.

This is just my thoughts right now.

Offline Scottish_Robbie

« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2011, 11:09:43 am »
Regardless of your living arrangements with you ex wife, it is not their call to pass judgement on you. You are legally divorced and can prove

I'm sure you can prove everything you say but it is a real hassle for you to jump through some more hoops for some uncaring bureaucrat. I hope you can sort it out soon.

Shaun sorry to hear about this.  As above mentions, you got the proof..a case of just having to wait and see I think :)
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" Winston Churchill