Author Topic: Waiting Can be Hard...  (Read 10059 times)

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
Re: Waiting Can be Hard...
« Reply #60 on: May 07, 2011, 01:24:49 am »
Hajo

I dont exactly know how it is in America, but I can tell you that in Aus it would be easier to get a lunch date with the Prime Minister than get anywhere with a criticism or an investigation of any of the Public Service bastadry. They are a Law unto themselves and any investigations that happen to get through the net are investigated....by themselves !!!!!

Here we have an "Office of the people's Ombudsman" and it is supposed to look after the people's interests when Government Departments (The Public Service...Hahaha) screw you around.

The last time I tried to contact them on some subject or other I got the following message on their phone answering system "Please note, that due to heavy demand for our services, we are not accepting any further queries for the next 3 months"

Of course, the Ombudsman is also part of the Public Service, so any time there are complaints, they just shut down like this and when questions are asked in Parliament about complaints against the Public Service, they say..."all is going well, we have received very few complaints in the last 3 months" !!!!!!

Offline shaun

« Reply #61 on: May 07, 2011, 06:06:16 am »
I will tell you that we do have a right to make an inquiry. We have the Freedom of Information Act.  The request for this information has to be done in writing which has already been done.

According to the manual the interviewer uses his or her job is to evaluate 4 catagories:  Health, Criminal, Security, or Insolvency.

To tell Peggy that she didn't have a bona fide relationship based on my marriage status the first time I visited her is beyond their job description.

I really will not say too much about this until the fat lady has sung.   I may give tidbits from time to time IF I think it will not hurt my case.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 06:27:20 pm by shaun »

Vince G

« Reply #62 on: May 07, 2011, 07:40:04 am »
The government should work for the people.

But there are a few things I do not understand. America is a multicultural nation. But why is the government so afraid for immigrants? In your/our cases we try to bring the ladies we love to our homes. We show the government that we can pay the living expenses. What is the American government afraid of?

Many reasons will arise as excuses. They are keeping a balance of immigrants, a certain percentage of, or keeping terrorists at bay, keeping those in search of green cards out, many excuses they can find but the truth is the interviewer didn't like the color shirt she had on?

Here in the U.S. government workers get their jobs by who they know. It's even on the application and the more names you put down the faster you get the job. Also they can not be fired for doing poorly on the job. At worst they move you to another position. So they develop this untouchable attitude, I can say and do whatever I want attitude.

I deal with "government workers" almost weekly. This is why I have three lawyers fore I have a problem of saying what I think of these so called workers to their faces.  ;D
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 07:41:49 am by Vince G »

Arnold

« Reply #63 on: May 07, 2011, 07:42:38 pm »
Vince , that is exactly how it is with those People/Power Freaks in our Government Offices . So , us honest little Folks that do our Paperwork to their likking , but at the end get the shaft/short end od the Stick anyway . This is how they like it and who is going to change that ????