Author Topic: Visa question  (Read 3538 times)

Offline lfputman3

• Don't count the days until, count the days after
Visa question
« on: January 27, 2011, 01:53:31 am »
So I've been on for a few weeks now, read a large quantity of posts, but the one answer I have not found yet is to the question, What do I put on the visa for my reason for traveling to China?  I know, sounds odd that I would ask that question, I know why I'm going to China, it's to go and meet that very charming lady who tugs at my heartstrings with each letter.  Seriously though, is there anything I should or should not be writing on my Visa request form before I drop it at the Consulate in Chicago?

Thanks,
Lloyd
Better to plunge in and drowned, than sit on the pier wondering.

1744748245@qq.com

Offline shaun

Re: Visa question
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 04:56:47 am »
Lloyd, I put tourist and to visit some friends.   Well, it was only one friend.  ;D

Offline joeswuhandream

• the good life with a good wife
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 09:11:54 am »
hi all
 i have been to china 3 times in 14 months and put tourism
no problems  i go back tomorrow the 28Th January to get married
and on the Visa application i stated this  they asked me about the contact details on my stay  china i told them they were  my future wife's details
i had no problem at all 

Offline shaun

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 09:18:00 am »
Way to go Joe!!!!!   congratulations!!!!!!!

Offline lfputman3

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 11:45:17 pm »
Thank you all, I apologize for taking so long to thank you, but I've been at a conference, ripping my hair out and putting up with political games.  Tourism it is, but I plan on going for the one year visa, driving to Chicago multiple times in one year could be a nuisance.

Lloyd

1744748245@qq.com

Offline Mikael_Shim

• | IT Security Analyst & Consultant | CHiNA |
  • QQ (1494158153)
    • Access any website or service from Within China. 100% anonymously
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 06:10:28 pm »
The "one year" visa? As far as i know there is no such tourist visa available and tourist visas are very limited when it comes to extending them without leaving the country. For 1 year without leave you will need a work visa (Z), or you can apply for a Business visa (F) which depending on who you are , nationality , some luck etc you can get for 1,3,6, or for some selected countries 12months but you must leave and re-enter per every 3 months. As far as i know the 12 months one is not possible to get for first time visitors and the 6 months one only for selected well developed countries if its first visit. Lucky for you USA is  ;)

Feel free to correct me if there are any changes regarding the above, visa regulations can change without prior notice in China.

The F Visa requires an official invitation. If you need help regarding this you can contact me for further details since i can provide this.

"Just call me Mikkie , thats what all Asians do anyway"

对于世界而言,你是一个人;但是对于某个人,你是他的整个世界

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2011, 06:30:46 pm »
Visas...

For Australia (I cant say for other Countries), A one-year, multiple entry tourist visa (L) is available.

This is not usually granted for the first visit to China, but will usually be granted for subsequent visits.

The limitation is , of course, you can only stay 30 days on each visit. They wont extend the 30 days when you are in China. You must leave China and return to begin the next 30 day period.

Offline Mikael_Shim

• QQ (1494158153)
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2011, 07:34:44 pm »
Visas...

For Australia (I cant say for other Countries), A one-year, multiple entry tourist visa (L) is available.

This is not usually granted for the first visit to China, but will usually be granted for subsequent visits.

The limitation is , of course, you can only stay 30 days on each visit. They wont extend the 30 days when you are in China. You must leave China and return to begin the next 30 day period.

Just verified this is also an available option for Scandinavia right now not sure about others but i would guess this applies to all European well developed countries and US, Can, Aus. I was also informed noone will get this on their first visit unless under very special circumstances.

Offline Jason B

• Xia and Laura the most beautiful girls in the world
  • Xia - guardian of my heart.
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2011, 09:20:55 pm »
I got 60 days at a time on my first multi entry visa good for one year.  Maybe the lady at the desk liked me? ;)
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.

Arnold

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2011, 10:25:29 pm »
hahaha .. Jason , guess they can always use a great " Ship Builder " ?

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2011, 12:09:00 am »
Jason

Interesting info.

I got multiple entry, 1 year, 30 day visa for my second visa.

I have just applied for my next 1 year multiple entry and will get 60 day stay, same as you. This time I put as "reason for visit"...to meet my wife !!!

When I asked why the difference...30day/60day..the Lady said "because you visit your wife..not tourist"

As a matter of interest, did you put "tourist" or "visit wife/fiance" on your application ??

Offline lfputman3

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2011, 01:37:45 am »
I just double checked the consulate web page for Chicago, nothing regarding first trips, just says that a multiple entry 90 day visa good for up to one year is available.  My first trip is going to be just over two weeks long.  We will see how things go, personally, I am optimistic and she is too.  Second trip may not be until August/September, depends on how June is looking, I am supposed to do some side work during a Nascar event, but I will definitely be going over in September, just waiting to see how August looks for me.  I am supposed to be in San Antonio for a week that month.  Then I have a break at the holidays.  So it makes sense that a 90 day multiple entry for one year would make more sense than driving down to Chicago to file every few months, but then I'll have to verify all of those thoughts with the folks at the consulate when I walk in the door.

1744748245@qq.com

Offline Mikael_Shim

• QQ (1494158153)
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2011, 02:48:09 am »
The 90 day visa is not a one year visa. Its a normal 3 months tourist visa with multiple entries thats valid for entry up to one year. But from what i read this seems enough for you. I was under the impression you intended to stay in China for ~1 year.

Offline Jason B

• Xia and Laura the most beautiful girls in the world
  • Xia - guardian of my heart.
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2011, 08:27:43 am »
Dave, I can not remember might have said to visit friends or something.  But I have never been in China for more than 60 days but it would be nice if I did.
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.

JOHN1964

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2011, 08:51:37 am »
talked to my immigration lawyer today and she told me that the visitors visa was a bad idea, should never mention that MinYing and i was to lodge the permanent residency visa as it looks like i want her here and for her to not return home before the case is decided , if she is here she can over stay her visa and not be removed , i hear different things from different lawyers and not know what to believe,   
All i want is for my wife to be here with me and we can continue our lives together, There are so many hurdles to climb over, things get so hard, All i think about is my wife in China, there are so many distractions but i am so focused on the bigger picture,, No-matter how long this takes i will wait and be with my wife until we are together permanently,  MinYing tells me that she will wait as long as it takes so long as we will be together always,,I have not told her that i have plans to be with her as soon as April this year, The end of April about Easter sounds good to me,,,