Author Topic: My First Trip  (Read 14513 times)

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
Re: My First Trip
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2011, 08:14:48 pm »
I think he must take after his father...this was Thanksgiving........

Arnold

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2011, 10:27:52 pm »
Yes Martin ! I just had the thought of Dave going to sleep with the Cap too .. not good .

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2011, 10:50:54 pm »
I just found out that I will be meeting mama today. I will bring a cap but not wear it,... yet.

Martin,

I wish I could see the picture. I know it is there but it won't load.

Dave C
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2011, 12:33:01 am »
Arnold wait till LingLing takes him to the Barbers , we won't recognise him after that ha ha , I am glad that all is going so well Dave , and you should have realised she was only going 1 way down a 1 way street ha ha , looks like the weather there is very pleasant and now you know what all of us that have been to the Middle kingdom have been raving about , people and buildings everywhere , oh and being introduced to her friends is a big plus , regards Sujuan and Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline maxx

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2011, 01:19:00 am »
Dave great picture's good story.The only thing I would mention is you need to loose the hat.And the facial hair.The hat at the table in China is bad manners..Except if you are a old man.And the head of th family.Then it is ok to wear a hat.Most Chinese ladies do not like thiere men to have facial hair.Your lady isn't saying anything.Because she doesn't want to make you feel bad.If you shave it off I'm sure she would be very happy.

JOHN1964

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2011, 02:41:01 am »
Fantastic story bee, the washing of the clothes reminded me of my MinYing, every nigh before bed time she would hand wash the clothes in the bathroom in the hotel, keep the posts coming for us lonely and very interested guys here at home missing our lao po,s.
very happy for you both, had a smile on my face the whole time i was reading the posts,,,,,,,,,c,mon, where's the next post??. ;D ;D ;D

Offline shaun

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2011, 05:24:06 am »
Dave, Great story.  You'll get used to the traffic there.   Maxx is correct about the hats but I kept my beard and now Peggy doesn't bother me about it...  much.  Of course Momma is on my side.  She tells her to leave me alone about my beard.

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2011, 06:19:18 am »
Dave , I hope you congratulated the lady police officer if she spoke to you in English , nothing like having a lady police officer on side , look at Willy they visit him often to check he is okay ha ha , but then maybe it is his age .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2011, 07:10:23 am »
Very happy for you Dave!  Can't wait to hear more...
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

Offline Jason B

• Xia and Laura the most beautiful girls in the world
  • Xia - guardian of my heart.
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2011, 08:30:11 am »
Arnold wait till LingLing takes him to the Barbers

Dave, if she does take you to the barbers, do not do like I did and walk passed a hair dressers and said "look a barbers" now Xia calls me baba all the time
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.

Offline Peter

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2011, 11:17:12 am »
Funny... After have been well shaved all the time my wife want me to grow a beard.....  And don't think about the traffic situation.. It could only get worse  ;D I had a trip in a bus where the driver thought he was driving a Formula 1 race car....   :)
Better to be married to a wife from Changsha then have 7000 women in Chnlove

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2011, 12:48:27 pm »
Dave...since you can't see the picture I posted...it was Thanksgiving, with everyone sitting at the picnic table...just before we ate.

Offline daghoi

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2011, 02:55:30 pm »

So great to read your story. Thanks for taking the time to write.

Funny you mentioned the Star Wars association; it was just the same association I made when I approached my girlfriend’s apartment building in Beijing for the first time. It was a cluster of very tall buildings with the low evening sun shining on them, gave me the Star Wars “feeling” 

(If you have time for it, consider to check out the Qing Ping marked and the immediate sourroundings).

Arnold

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2011, 04:27:21 pm »
Dave ,. thought I mention this to you .. since you are a BEE also . If you love Honey , go to Lotus Mountain Park .. there is a Shop that sells all kinds of Honey's . I never knew that there were so many different types . You can buy some for your Lady as well , so let her go free to choose .

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2011, 08:43:21 pm »
Thanks everybody for the comments and advise.

LingLing only ever mentioned once about the facial hair. That was last july. She asked if I was too hot because of the hair on my face. The hat, nobody has said anything yet to me about it, except for just now, Maxx. I did not have one on when I met mama yesterday though. I got my first red envelope from her too! She was excited to hear that I was her first one so I kissed her on the cheek which made her laugh loudly. She told LingLing that she has never had a kiss from a man with a hairy face and that it tickled.

I have to try to get time to write down the past few days. I took about 300 pictures yesterday at the "flower market". Then there will be the Baiyun mountain day with Irishman and Sunny. I hope that we can get a chance to meet up with them again today to see the firework display. So there are more stories to come. By the way Irishman, my toe feels fantastic! It has not bothered me since our foot massage.

Here are a few more pictures for you. Found a store that probably should be renamed.

Dave C
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 08:45:36 pm by Bee964 »
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.