Author Topic: Trip number four  (Read 19223 times)

Vince G

Re: Trip number four
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2011, 11:13:50 pm »
Same dilemma. It will be the cold winter when I will be able to go. I suggested I'd go after their New Year (more in spring). I hate the cold.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2011, 11:26:13 pm »
Hong Kong can be a little pricey, but if you were already on planning on spending the coin, I think Sanya would be no difference price wise.
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline maxx

« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2011, 12:02:38 am »
Neil how about Zhuhai, It's warm year around.It is kind of like the Florida of China.While staying in Zhuhai you could run over to Willy's in Zhongshan.And drink all of Willy's beer.You could also take a day trip to Macao.Or go to Shenzhen.Macao is just a short walk from Zhuhai.Zhongshan is a short bus ride.Shenzhen is like a 2 hour bus ride.Hong Kong is a hour and a half ferry ride..

Neil if your wife wasn't born in Guandong province.she will need a special visa to go to Hong kong or Macao.One of the British guys here Phillip can fill you in on how to get a visa to Hong Kong or Macao.He does it for his wife about every 3 months I think.

You also mite look southwest of Zhuhai. In the Hanain province the city of Sanyo. There is some luxury resorts there.On the south China sea.That maybe worth checking out.If you go there you have to tell us how it is.Ive tried talking my wife into going thiere.The last 2 years.But so far no luck.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 12:59:49 am by maxx »

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2011, 12:54:10 am »
Neil, I am hoping to be in Shenzhen come November. Of course if Hong Kong is slow in issuing the visa & returning her passport, my visit might be in December. What 3 weeks are you gone for? As Maxx is right, it is still reasonably warm come December there, however come January & February, the temperature can get colder.

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2011, 01:18:52 am »
I leave December 10 and return December 30th.  I have a great boss. 
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2011, 01:23:01 am »
I have a great boss.

And she lives in China right?

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2011, 01:46:10 am »
Niel, before you make too many plans remember that to visit Hong Kong and Macau then you will need at least three entry visas as Maxx says.  One to arrive in China and two others to get back in from these two places. If you have multiple entries then that will be OK. But your wife will require special passes for her to enter Hong Kong and Macau as they are Chinese but both are SAR's.  These passes often take several weeks to be produced to a Chinese citizen so she would need to order them soon if you plan that to go to either.

I think that maybe you will given Zhongshan a miss for obvious reasons ( no not me).   Me I am facing my third winter in the lovely warm south but I felt the cold last winter.

After 7 months apart I think three weeks warpped up in a cosy bedroom would be very nice.

Willy

Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2011, 01:55:05 am »

After 7 months apart I think three weeks wrapped up in a cosy bedroom would be very nice.

Willy

That's why my vote is Sanya - I was there for Christmas 2008 - Oh My God! its been 3 years already  :-[

But it was also the place I proposed  :) and launched a thousand visits, okay 6 others.  ::)

And my wife's name is inbeded as Yan in the locale.  ;D Sanya Paradise in Bed
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 01:58:53 am by Rhonald »

Offline Neil

« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2011, 09:19:17 am »
That's a very good point Willy.  Fortunately, I will have another multi entry visa, but it would be quite a shock to someone if they didn't, and couldn't return when they chose to.  Actually, there's no reason for me to give Zhongshan a pass.  My former girlfriend has moved to stay with her family.

Mike, I can't imagine how you feel.  16 months is a very long time apart.  I hope you can be together soon. 

Offline Neil

« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2011, 10:42:45 pm »
So, my wife asked me a question and I figured I'd see what you guys thought.  She asked what would happen if she were to get pregnant during my next trip.  I told her that it would probably make our application even more complicated as the (ridiculous) 19 month waiting period would not expire before she had the child, and we would have to change the application to include our new child.  I mean, there's no special circumstances or anything, is there?  I imagine everyone would take that route if that were the case. 

As for the holiday, I think we're going to try to visit Yunnan.  We're not really into beaches or the big city.  Her nephew is running a business in Yunnan so we might be able to visit him. 

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2011, 11:19:33 pm »
From some of the other topics and threads I have read on the immigration.ca site I believe you hunch is right Neil. It just adds to the complication of the process. Also I have read the new Canadian policy that the birth of a Child to a couple where one person is a Canadian, does not anymore grant the new baby Canadian citizenship if born out of country. I believe this new policy came into affect last year.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2011, 11:26:41 pm »
Looks like I was wrong in my first assumption as this is what I found on the CIC website:

What does limiting Canadian citizenship to the first generation born to Canadian parents outside Canada mean?

What does limiting Canadian citizenship to the first generation born to Canadian parents outside Canada mean?

The limitation affects the way people acquire Canadian citizenship outside Canada. It means that, in general, children born outside Canada on or after April 17, 2009, will only be Canadian at birth if they are born to a Canadian parent who was either born in Canada or became a Canadian citizen by immigrating to Canada as a permanent resident and subsequently being granted citizenship (also called naturalization).

The limitation may also affect children adopted by Canadian parents outside Canada, depending on the way in which they obtained, or will obtain, their citizenship. See “New Citizenship Law and Adoption” and “Frequently Asked Questions on Adoption” for more information.

But still nowhere does it mention that your case would be sped up if your wife was pregnant.

Okay I found the article I read last year that got my wrong assumption as it deal with a dad that was first born in Scotland and then moved to Canada.

http://blog.lostcanadian.com/2010_09_01_archive.html
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 11:32:27 pm by Rhonald »

• Board Moderator
« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2011, 11:29:51 pm »
I read a while ago that Canada needed so many hundred thousand new immigrants to keep the services flowly and the infastructure being built.

I wonder what the time scales would be for say a French or English woman wanting to reside in Canada with their New Canadian husband!

I would wager that there is a special dept that deals with wifes from China and Africa. Even if the do not admit it.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2011, 11:34:34 pm »
Willy as a member of the commonwealth, it would be easy for an English person to get a work permit to come to Canada to live.

• Board Moderator
« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2011, 11:40:47 pm »
Ok I forgot that we both have the same head of state! French may have a connection as well. So how about a german woman or a Dutch woman.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner