Author Topic: Trip number four  (Read 19224 times)

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
Re: Trip number four
« Reply #60 on: November 06, 2011, 11:47:49 pm »
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp

These are the current average processing times. You will see that the UK is 8 months, but then to come on a tourist visa for most European countries, it is quite easy.
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #61 on: November 07, 2011, 12:05:26 am »
I'm still disgusted with the 19 month Hong Kong time vs Beijing's 4 months.
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #62 on: November 07, 2011, 12:13:13 am »
I'm still disgusted with the 19 month Hong Kong time vs Beijing's 4 months.

Since I am a terrible singer, you are not preaching to the choir. It's been 5 weeks since my wife finished her new medical and everyday I hope to hear the news that she has received her passport with visa in place. Nov 18th will be 29 months since they started our process. So thanks to our application, we have skewered the average towards 19 months. Let us hope for you Neil, that you can tilt it back the other direction. It would be cool if next summer I could make a trip across the mountains to visit the two of you.

Offline Neil

« Reply #63 on: November 07, 2011, 01:50:36 am »
I know Chong mentioned that he sent updated evidence (pictures) to the consulate as continuing evidence of a relationship.  After my next trip, I'd like to do the same.  I'll have more plane tickets and pictures.  Do you think that will help move our case a little higher in the pile? 

You're in Calgary right Rhonald?  Yeah, you definitely want to save that trip until the snow's gone.  That highway is really horrible in the winter. 

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #64 on: November 07, 2011, 02:44:10 am »
My sister owns a house at Wasa lake and I figured maybe one day to take my wife there and being so close to you, make an extra incursion.

We also sent additional information to Hong Kong, but it was after a year we got the 1st letter saying they were looking at our file. That was when I needed to get a police clearance on myself proving I had never been arrested for any criminal activity, in particular of a sexual nature.

I think Chong's case was an outlier as other people we saw at the consulate when I first attempted to speak to a visa officer in the spring of 2010, had been waiting a year for their interview. One woman was pregnant at that time with the Canadian husband's child. The average processing time for applicants then was about 12 months. I never did see an officer since I needed to cut my time short to get to the airport. The other supporting documents we had with us they would not take but instructed us to mail it in instead.

Offline Neil

« Reply #65 on: December 09, 2011, 03:06:48 am »
Hey guys, just a quick update.  I'm heading back to China tonight.  My flight leaves in 6 hours and I just got home from work.  Plenty of time to sleep on the plane.  We're going to Yunnan province for our honeymoon.  I'll try and check in, but no guarantees.  Back in 3 weeks. 

Neil

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • Board Moderator
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
« Reply #66 on: December 09, 2011, 03:56:39 pm »
Have fun Neil. I wish it was me leaving in six hours. My time is coming next month.
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE

Arnold

« Reply #67 on: December 09, 2011, 05:03:48 pm »
Neil , now that you have arrived over there .. let me tell you !

Have a SUPER ( not Supper ) TIME the three weeks with your Wife . Don't froget some Photo's if you please and somehow write to let us know , your doing great .

Offline shaun

« Reply #68 on: December 09, 2011, 06:20:13 pm »
Neal you lucky dog.  Have a great time.  Look forward to hearing about your trip.

Arnold

« Reply #69 on: December 09, 2011, 06:34:40 pm »
Neal you lucky dog. 

Dog .. nothing ! Can't you see , he's the "Chocolate Man" and he can only go to China in the "Winter" months .  ;)

Offline Neil

« Reply #70 on: December 10, 2011, 07:52:04 pm »
Well it's still pretty warm here.  I'm not a fan of Beijing - I think I'll fly via Hong Kong from now on.  It was amazing to descend into the smog.  All you could see was a brown haze.
The airline left my luggage in Vancouver so we're going to wait an extra day in Xiamen for it to arrive.  I won't complain about an extra night in the hotel with my wife though.

Offline shaun

« Reply #71 on: December 10, 2011, 08:06:41 pm »
See Arnold and you thought I was wrong for calling him a lucky dog.  ;D

Arnold

« Reply #72 on: December 10, 2011, 08:29:02 pm »
See Arnold and you thought I was wrong for calling him a lucky dog.  ;D

Well now , still warm in Beijing and NO luggage .. now the Chocolate is going to Melt and he has NO clothes to wear ? I'd say he's a poor Dog !  :o
On the other Hand though , all this doesn't matter one bit .. being together with his lovely Wife . Am glad he thinks so too .

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #73 on: December 11, 2011, 01:19:10 am »
Well it's still pretty warm here.  I'm not a fan of Beijing - I think I'll fly via Hong Kong from now on.  It was amazing to descend into the smog.  All you could see was a brown haze.
The airline left my luggage in Vancouver so we're going to wait an extra day in Xiamen for it to arrive.  I won't complain about an extra night in the hotel with my wife though.

Tucked away in a hoitel for 24 hours! With no clothes to wear!

Just what are you going to do for 24 hours?   ::)

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Vince G

« Reply #74 on: December 11, 2011, 08:44:41 am »
I suppose strip poker is out of the question?