Author Topic: Different faiths, can become the obstacle of love?  (Read 4522 times)

Offline Rachel

• QQ Blog
Different faiths, can become the obstacle of love?
« on: March 06, 2011, 02:56:55 am »
In China. Buddhism is not exist this problem. I want to know whether the United States had belief in different. Could not marry? For example:Christians whether can only and Christian together marry?Of course. I know that. Different faiths. Brings many problems, such as one's understanding of life, life values, as well as other aspects can have very different.In the bible, god also ask christians and Christian married.Chinese male christians is very little. Most of them have a family.
That where I am looking for the Christian husband?Appear only in the United States. Because I like the United States. :)
Tao with god

Vince G

Re: Different faiths, can become the obstacle of love?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 07:27:38 am »
There is a religious trend here at the forum. There is no Law about religious marriage except by the religion itself. As for what God said? You will have to take that up with him, it's all hearsay.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 08:56:03 am »
Anyone interested can see the Church I am a member of in Zhongshan.   Recently gone on the net.  www.zs-church.com  look it up on google search first then hit the translate and you get it in English.

Pity I cannot click on the Sunday sermon  and get that in English while I am there.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Rachel

• QQ Blog
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 10:49:13 pm »
Thank everybody! Thank your answer. Once I hope very much that your future husband is a Christian. Because we have common faith, each other's outlook on life, the values and same, this will avoid many of life's problems. Because the Chinese male christians is very little. Single men christians less, so I can only find foreign Christian guys. In China, there are also some very good man pursue me, but they are not christians, to the question. I was puzzled. So look for answers.

Thank you again! I'd like to. I have found the answer, as my friend mike said: I need to find a Christian's husband.
Firm faith!I believe in god's help. I can certainly find true love!God be with us!
Tao with god

Offline halfpint

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 12:18:58 am »
My 1st wife had a very strong faith.  Strong enough it has led my oldest girl into pursuing Theology and becoming a minister as a career.  My faith has always been there but not that strong.  It had no impact on our relationship, we had a very good one.

Choose what makes you happy.
My qin ai de is in Shanghai, and I'm not

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 07:58:18 pm »
Topic split into 2.  look for the split to continue the other debate.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 09:58:27 pm »
Hi Rachel

Although you say Chinese Christian men are few I would say that having been attending Churches in China for the past 20 odd months I find that the percentage of Males attending is far higher than in the Western world!

They only places in the World where I have found a higher percentage of Males attending was during my time in West Africa and then it was close to but  probably slightly less than 50% there and that is a Male dominated area.

Maybe there should be a special website set up for Christian Chinese to meet Christian Foreigners.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2011, 10:10:08 pm »
 I have a Christian friend who used to visit a Christian dating website.  He showed me that some of the members were in China.  I'll ask him for the name of the website - it must be international. 
...as irresistible as chocolate

Joetex

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2011, 11:15:53 am »
My Opinion is yes also. A Christan should not marry a practicing Buddhist. However there are many ladies in China who do not practice any religion. In this case, maybe it could work.

Joe

Arnold

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2011, 12:38:41 pm »
My Opinion is yes also. A Christan should not marry a practicing Buddhist. However there are many ladies in China who do not practice any religion. In this case, maybe it could work.

Joe

Welcome Joe , you are so right . I'm a Catholic and my Wife in a Buddhist , but we both are NOT practicing either way . We do go to a Non-Denominational Church often . So we see no problem in our Marriage at all . The word "ADJUST" is an easy word , but very powerful and helpful in a Marriage .

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
  • Too Old for Instagram and Too Young for Life-Alert
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2011, 04:02:36 pm »
  I am still trying to determine why somebody who is requiring a christian wife be searching in China to begin with! If I was so determined for a christian wife I believe I would be looking a country where Christianity is one of the major religions to improve my odds! I have one simple formula for my life, I treat people like I want them to treat me! I do not try to pressure people into my opinion about anything. I was raised in the bible belt and most of my family calls themselves Christians, out of the whole lot of them I have one elderly aunt who in my opinion lives her life by the book. I am not a practicing christian, but if my children want to go to church I have no objections. The one thing I have noticed about all religions with the exception of a few, is that most major religions now are multi-billion dollar industries. Religion is no different from any big business and corruption can and has run rampant with most on occasion! I think a marriage requires mutual respect of each other's belief or moral standards, you can call your self whatever you want, but without your spouse's respect and support you have nothing. The church can not force a spouse to respect you, your actions and words will earn their respect. The actions and words also need to be balanced, because too much of one and not enough of the other will make you either appear weak or too dominant. When this site first started most everybody here was frustrated with western women and were seeking a traditional Chinese wife or girl-friend, now here we are a couple of years later and discussing whether our relations or marriages will stand the test of time or be doomed because of different religious backgrounds. The woman who asked the original question needs to know, just because someone labels their self a Christian means nothing. You will need to spend a lot of time and get to know them, then you decide if they meet your requirements or definition of a good Christian.  Good luck with your search!

P.S.     I did divorce my last wife due to religious differences!  She thought she was GOD and I didn't!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 04:07:02 pm by Robert Snellgrove »

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2011, 09:35:40 pm »
There was a Christian church right across the alley from my wife's apartment.  When we chat on Sundays, I can hear the singing.  Christianity is alive and well in China, and growing. 
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline halfpint

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2011, 10:48:01 pm »
My girlfriend is Christian, she regularly attends a nice church in Shanghai.  She took me for a walk there, she wanted me to see it.   If someone wanted to marry a Christian lady, I think its probably pretty easy to find.  For me it wasnt a requirement at all.  My two older girls are quite happy about this though, they are very religious.
My qin ai de is in Shanghai, and I'm not

Offline Rachel

• QQ Blog
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2011, 03:55:35 am »
Hi Rachel

Although you say Chinese Christian men are few I would say that having been attending Churches in China for the past 20 odd months I find that the percentage of Males attending is far higher than in the Western world!

They only places in the World where I have found a higher percentage of Males attending was during my time in West Africa and then it was close to but  probably slightly less than 50% there and that is a Male dominated area.

Maybe there should be a special website set up for Christian Chinese to meet Christian Foreigners.

Willy

haha.Your suggestion very constructive, maybe this day would come. :)
Tao with god

Offline Rachel

• QQ Blog
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2011, 03:57:58 am »
I have a Christian friend who used to visit a Christian dating website.  He showed me that some of the members were in China.  I'll ask him for the name of the website - it must be international.

You have a web site? I want to know! Please tell me.

Rachel
Tao with god