Author Topic: Electronic translator  (Read 1535 times)

Offline Kevin T.

Electronic translator
« on: March 13, 2011, 08:05:10 am »
Hi everyone. It's been a while since I posted. Some of you read about my previous attempt at finding my better half, and how well that turned out. Well, things are much better, but I still need some advice. I'm going to visit a lady in zhuhai very soon. Whether things work out or not, I am going to spend the first half of April there and have some fun. But I need to find an electronic translator. Normally, I'm pretty tech-savvy, but I'm at a loss when it comes to these things.  The prices range from $10 US to almost $800. It's ridiculous.

I'll spend 200-300, but I need something she and I can both use. She speaks only a few words of English. I have a few I have been looking at, but they all seem overpriced and cheesy. Could you guys recommend one to look at? I am completely lost here.

Thanks,

Kevin

Offline kenny

Re: Electronic translator
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 09:05:17 am »
Kevin

I bought a Besta 869 couple years ago before my first trip. It worked good for us but I am not very tech-savy. I knew that there were many things it could do I knew nothing about. My step daughter uses it now everyday at school and ofcourse she can do many things with it. I think I gave about 350 for it then. Good Luck

Kenny

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 09:10:36 am »
Besta is the way to fly , with now new models out , the top of the range model is about 280 dollars but make sure that it has , 1 recharge facility 110 to 240 , the lithium battery is fixed in , you can Change English to Mandarin or Cantonese in sentence form and it has a pen so that the lady can draw her figures The update is cd885 it has the lot and is expandable for photo's , music , etc , we have 2 of the older versions and still use them now and again , buy it as soon as you can so that you can get used to it as the ladies are much quicker than us men at learning how they work , it also has live voice in both English and Chinese to learn words , regards Sujuan and Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline Kevin T.

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 10:14:20 am »
Thanks guys. Yes... RobertB, she wanted the pen! She mentioned it specifically when we talked about it. She said its what her sister uses with her western husband.  I am clueless about this, but I'll look at besta. Christ, thank you guys, you have saved me many headaches. I definitely owe you a beer for this.

Kevin

Offline Kevin T.

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2011, 10:46:55 am »
Haha thank you Robert. I found the 885 right away. Yes, that is exactly what I wanted! Thank you so much. Yanping will be so impressed.

Sir, I am at your service. I owe you many thanks. May fortune smile upon you and your lovely lady.

Kevin