Author Topic: UK immigration rip off Britain  (Read 5161 times)

Offline joeswuhandream

• the good life with a good wife
UK immigration rip off Britain
« on: March 20, 2011, 07:05:58 am »
Well if as we   have not got enough on our plates building a future with my  Chinese wife
after consulting with my lawyer  before my wife can apply for heir spouse visa to come to
England  she needs to take English  lessons and pass A1 ESOL English exam
the cost of this as yet i do not know  as each country as differant costings
so knowing rip off Britain this will cost a lot of money
after this as come to completion we then can apply for my wife's visa (which my lawyer says is not  a problem)
then two years later she as to pass another exam life in the UK  test
should she pass that exam she can apply for British citizenship
but my wife will not be going this route   she will remain a Chinese national
she will live in the UK on a ILR visa
so at this moment in time it will cost £450 each two years 

my question i like to put to all our members do you  have a similar situation in your country's ?

PS i can not find a rough costing about my wife studying  English and taking the exam in Chengdu because it as to be a school which the UK government designates
regards Joe +Sophia
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 07:08:08 am by joeswuhandream »

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
Re: UK immigration rip off Britain
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 07:28:05 am »
Joe , I have not run across this particular problem , but what has happened to several Chinese ladies out here is that they finished their 2 year transition courses on nursing with top marks { mind you the courses and exams are all in English } and all of them have been well qualified nurses before , but now the nurses federation out here has told them to do the same course of English at a cost of some 7000 dollars to be accredited , mind you other South Asian countries including India do not have to do this , blatent discrimination , seems like in England  the goal posts keep also moving , regards Sujuan and Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline shaun

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 07:38:02 am »
I know of no requirement like that in America.  It is my understanding that the interview is also a English test.  Peggy's English is getting better as she studies everyday and tries out new words on me every evening.

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 05:21:57 pm »
Joe

As Robert says, at this time there is no formal English speaking requirements listed by our Immigration Dept. as part of the Visa application process.

The Formal interview can be given to the Applicant in their native language, or English if preferred.....this is the usual "test" of English skills, but it is very low key.....for the moment  !!

It is clear to me that all Western Governments are really concerned about uncontrolled Immigration and that over the medium term we will see many new "Rules" designed to make it harder for Migration into our Countries. Maybe you have seen the violent riots inside the detainment facility on Christmas Island here, when a large bunch of so-called refugees went on a wild rampage when they realised they were not going to get a visa to stay in Aus. Stuff like this only reinforces that Migration should be a privilege, not a right ??

Of course, our Chinese wives dont fall into this category (economic refugees) but they will get caught up in the net as the system gets tighter and more difficult over time. I am sure the same principal will apply in many "Western" Countries.

We have to grin and bear it...not much else we can do !!!

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 03:35:47 am »
No language requirement in Ireland, no tests at all. Her visa's are free too for here. However when she applies for an Irish passport in three years time, that will be around €1000 I think..so lets hope it goes smoothly.. The wait for citizanship is currently 26 months from application apparently..so its a long haul..
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline joeswuhandream

• the good life with a good wife
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 09:27:04 am »
good to hear Irish that Irelands government  do care about people and family life no matter which country your wife comes from  :)
not like England just another example of rip of Britain  not to mention the stress that you have to put with  don't you just despise our politicans  >:(
three cheerer's for Ireland
cheers Irish , David E,Shaun , Robert B  for your feed back

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2014, 09:39:17 pm »
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE