Author Topic: QQ should be called one flow over the cuckoo's nest  (Read 8327 times)

Offline Okie_Rob

• ???
RE: QQ should be called one flow over the cuckoo's nest
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2009, 11:37:39 pm »
Just started QQ ing about a week ago.... I have also had other contacts .. thought the same... they may be friends of my fiancee ... then checked their profiles ... haha!! .. I really do not have time to chat with strangers . . only got on QQ to see and chat with my lady . .   so now . . when I am contacted for a new friend . . I ignore them and add them to my blocked list . . sort of rude, but then again . . I only have time for one special lady . . :heart:
"USA, Wise Up!"  "美国,明智了! " "China has" " 中国有"

Arnold

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2009, 12:11:06 am »
Thanks a lot Robert , that was rude of you . Been trying to contact you all week through QQ and you just wipe me away .

Not !

After all our Lady's are MORE important , then .... other's !

Offline Skip

• Foreign Explorer
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2009, 11:24:01 pm »
A question about QQ.  I assume if I am typing in English that's what the other person sees (not Chinese characters) at the other end.  So, if I want to send characters, I first have to go to Google translator and type, then cut and paste?
Sorry, I am a little thick :)
Skip

feisnik

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2009, 12:03:21 am »
Quote from: 'Vince G' pid='1866' dateline='1240922407'

No, to much work and money to get it on my Mac. Not a problem for a Mac just mine (older model). I don't know of any internet cafe's anywhere near here? Looking around for a laptop or the new smaller netbook? but the prices are nuty. One place has it for $300. another for $800. ? Sales guy came running over,  :D  expected a sale but got something else? Something like, WTF is this $800. bucks? u outta your freakin mind?  :lol:

I am a former Mac guy but when my Mac died I got a Lenovo s10-2 IdeaPad NetBook and I vouch for this model completely. This web cam is awesome!

Offline ahkiwi

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2009, 09:40:33 am »
I'm currently using an Acer Aspire One - very nice little notebook. Great for reading ebooks, watching movies & browsing this forum :P
World Famous in New Zealand since ages ago.

Ali (???)
QQ: 860848209

Vince G

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2009, 10:55:55 am »
I'm keeping my Mac intact. I like my Mac totally esp. with no worry of any virus BS set into the programs from Windows. I have a Dell I use for transfer of records and such. But I rather get a laptop/notebook that I can just have for webcam, chat and traveling but still have the Mac running here. According to the specs of the webcams I have to have a faster CPU, newer system (G5) and additional cards and such for the Mac? So picking something up that has it all already? and is cheaper then upgrading the Mac might be worth it?  I keep my eye open for used ones that will work fine. There are pawn shops every 50 feet here. And they don't take any computer older then a year old. Just that they paid someone like $100.USD for it and try to sell it for more then a new one? Then they eBay it.

So I do try to keep up with what's good and which one sucks. So when the time comes of finding a bargain I can grab it on the spot.

But the info is good for anybody less knowledgeable trying to find answers. Besides I like a big screen, these old eyes need the resolution. :icon_cool:

Offline zook144

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2009, 01:21:59 pm »
Another question about QQ. The other day I could have sworn I saw a place to check history on QQ. Now I do not seem to find it. I can never save any chat on QQ, but I thought maybe this "history" button had a record.  Anyone know about this, or was I dreaming?    
Thanks
don
The Journey Is The Destination

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2009, 01:39:43 pm »
Don, in fact, you can check to activate/deactivate it by :
Go to Settings tools, then "Basic Settings", "User Data", then check for "Message History", maybe is it checked, if so, uncheck it ("delete all chat files when you sign out")
- Let's Rock -

Offline Peter

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2009, 01:39:53 pm »
I have used QQ for some time and I like it... after I did some changes.

First I went to Settings and under Security and Privacy, in the part of Privacy setting choose the option: "No one can add me as a contact". With this option I only have those people that I know as friends or any other category to be able to contact me.

I you want to look at the history in your chat just choose the person and "rightclick" on him or her. Choose History and you will get every written word that have been between you and the person.

If you take a photo using QQ during a webcam it will be stored in: "your name" - Documents - Tencent files - The QQ-number of the person - QQ - Photo

Hope I could give you some help
Better to be married to a wife from Changsha then have 7000 women in Chnlove

Offline zook144

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2009, 02:40:33 pm »
Peter, Sly.....Thank you so much!  It took a few minutes but I finally figured it out. I needed the postal code Xiaoyu gave me last night and of course I could not read my own writing when I wrote it down.
You guys came through again. I love this forum! Just ask and the answer appears. Well, most of the time anyway! ha
Thanks again.
Don

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2009, 02:45:27 pm »
You're welcome, Don ;)
- Let's Rock -

Offline TomFisher

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2009, 05:49:46 pm »
Don, the history in QQ also can be exported as a backup or in HTM or Text formats.  Exporting the history can be useful as part of the documentation the US gov't wants to see as part of establishing a bonafied relationship exists between you and you laopo.  The text file is more manageable and a little smaller than the HTML file.  There is lots of information that you can use to help the VO see that it is a genuine marriage.  If you plan to use the chats or even just  a log, it's not  bad idea to download the history every so often.

Peace,

Tom

Offline zook144

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2009, 05:55:29 pm »
Tom, once again, thanks to a brother. Tried it and it worked. I was trying to save chat messages before and never figured it out.
Boy, I'm learning all kinds of things today.  I guess it pays to be home with pneumonia.   NOT!
Don
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 05:56:51 pm by zook144 »

Offline TomFisher

« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2009, 05:55:20 pm »
Don,

You are most welcome.  Sorry to hear about the pneumonia, get well soon.

Peace,

Tom

Offline wilsbrough

• Li
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2009, 02:25:32 pm »
I know what some of you guys are saying about the QQ world, i had this 23yr old 'girl' Chatted for a while, then wanted to play games on her webcam, wanted to see me naked, claimed she would let me see her naked too....! But the funny thing is, she claimed her webcam was 'broken' But i could see a cupboard door clearly! Personally i'm thinking it was a Guy wanting some free pics!!! But now i have a dilemma, I have been chatting to this 24yr old girl. I have seen her on her webcam so i know she is real. We get on really well, and have very similar interests. And i'm still having trouble getting my girl on CL away from the emf's! I don't know what to do, as i have been in contact with my CL girl for over two months now and i do really like her, but now i'm Chatting with this girl on QQ and it does not cost a thing. Hehe, i know its bad, but i keep hearing guys talking about a 'back up plan' if things with the girl they go to meet does not work out..... Dunno if i should do this? Well here's a couple of pics of the QQ girl, i have to say she is pretty damn hot..! Maybe i am not thinking with my head here? :))
Every now and then i get a little bit nervous at the death of all the years have gone by....!