Author Topic: People with experience about Weihai and/or Qingdao  (Read 2610 times)

Offline Mikael_Shim

• | IT Security Analyst & Consultant | CHiNA |
  • QQ (1494158153)
    • Access any website or service from Within China. 100% anonymously
People with experience about Weihai and/or Qingdao
« on: May 05, 2011, 12:55:45 am »
Damn.. time goes fast here. Cant barely understand i have already been here for 6 months now. And i have no plans what so ever to leave. I love it here. If all goes as planned, me and Mayan will get married next summer here in China :)

Since i am pretty determined to settle here, we are looking into buying apartment but buying one here in Beijing is out of the questions due to the extreme prices. We will stay a few more years here in Beijing and work but want to buy an apartment elsewhere nice before the prices starts climbing like mad there too. Then we will just rent it out while we stay here in Beijing.

Weihai and Qingdao seems like lovely places, Weihai is also rated as #1 place for living quality in China by UN. The prices for nice modern apartments are still rather low in both Qingdao and Weihai. Have any of you guys/girls been to either of them? Would appreciate any feedback. We will try to go there for a visit as soon as we can but right now we have no time.

"Just call me Mikkie , thats what all Asians do anyway"

对于世界而言,你是一个人;但是对于某个人,你是他的整个世界

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • Board Moderator
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
Re: People with experience about Weihai and/or Qingdao
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 08:59:35 am »
Funny you should mention it. Fiona and are are thinking of spending some time there this summer when it gets really hot here in Guangzhou. I have never been there but I have had my eye on Weihai for a long time. From all that I have read and the photos it seems like a wonderful place. If my retirement is not enough to support me and Fiona in the USA that would be a place for me to investigate. There are real sand beaches and parks everywhere along the coast. Many many fishing boats and harbors too. Not like Dalian which has a few beaches, but most are rock or pebbles or mud.  Taking a look around google earth shows a lot of new construction going on but what is impressing it how clean it looks. They beautiful blue sky. Not like Beijing or Guangzhou. I dont like snow but I guess I could tolerate it.

If you get there before I do, let me know how you like it.
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE

Offline Scottish_Robbie

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 10:23:17 am »
I too have been to Qingdao it is very nice...as mike says, pm any questions.  Robert Snellgrove (a member in here), lives there in qingdao, I think I'm right in saying.
Another nice place you maybe want to consider is Zhucheng, IT really is a very beautiful place, and very clean...This is still in Shandong Province, one hour away from Qingdao...
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" Winston Churchill

Offline Hajo

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 02:04:59 pm »
Qingdao seems to be a popular place. My has told me several times that she wishes to settle in Qingdao when I retire. I have only heard positive about this place.
爱你的人如果没有按你所希望的方式来爱你,那并不代表他们没有全心全意地爱你。
Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

Offline shaun

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 07:36:34 pm »
I'm not sure but I think Robert lives in a small community just below I-16 south of Qingdao, Rob.  :o ;D 8)

Offline Mikael_Shim

• | IT Security Analyst & Consultant | CHiNA |
  • QQ (1494158153)
    • Access any website or service from Within China. 100% anonymously
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2011, 01:48:26 am »
Thanks for all the cool input guys, and seems expectations and what we have prior heard about Weihai and Qingdao match up. We will try to take a trip over there as soon as we can but currently im busy at work here and Mayan has quit working to be able to finish her graduation work this summer. We will take a trip as soon as we can and i´ll keep you updated then.

Thanks again :)
"Just call me Mikkie , thats what all Asians do anyway"

对于世界而言,你是一个人;但是对于某个人,你是他的整个世界