All About China > Share your love story

Observations and Interpretations of my new home.

(1/4) > >>

China Shark:
Well, here's my rant for the week. Just want to clarify the meaning of my name on here {China Shark}. Part of the reason I chose an alias was to make sure other members did not confuse me with the numerous Mikes on Chnlove already, second reason being Sharks are really cool and strong, third reason is the tenacity they show once they set thier minds on something, hence China is my dream therefore it is a direct reflection on how I feel about my new life here. One member on the official forum interpretted it in a negative way which could be no further from the truth. I moved here to embrace this culture and to find the women of my dreams and that is the bottom line. As of yesterday I officially logged 195 classes with my job at the middle school, really dig this teaching gig and am sure I can make a lot of money in the meanwhile securing my future as well as the woman I eventually end up marrying here. Yesterday I went out exploring my new neighborhood. It is amazing how many interesting things you come across once the Chinese stop noticing you. I saw an albino Chinese man yesterday playing some kind of instruement through a mini amp. I thought to myself how difficult his life must be with how racist the Chinese are sometimes to people who are vastly different from themselves such as blacks. Fortunately they love white westerners for the most part or they might just love because we can teach them English, lol. Three times I almost ran right into woman nursing thier babies right there on the street. I think for the most part people from the country do not consider baby or children defacating or peeing in the streets much of a big deal, same goes for nursing. Although I am shocked I am also embaressed at the same time so I usually look the other way immediately. For the most part I have been shopping in the small local stores and have only been getting charged the Chinese price anymore. The small store owners are pretty honest about pricing to the foreigners. Yeah, some still take advantage but even with the foreign price it is still cheap. Recently I started exploring the persponal ads and think I scored paydirt this time with this very smoking girl from Lou Ho, 28 years old and should be hitting Starbucks the end of this week. It is a shame I have days off for the holiday yet she is traveling home to see her family. Also, I am still seeing Lisa the 23 yr old but I know that is just an ego thing that will probaly just be a lark. Still have a few irons in the fire at Chnlove yet am not putting too much time into that. If I pursue that I am looking for direct contact almost immediately and if that is a no go I'm not wasting money on credits. Pretty sure I am going to call and visit Chnlove's office sometime next month. Need to sit down explain our areas of concern for the brotherhood. They are good people yet need to get a handle of what is really going on and we need to make them more accountable for what goes on in thier own backyard. If anybody else wants to represent with me give me a heads up and we'll figure out a time to meet up. Overall I am extremely happy with China in general, life is nice and simple here unlike complicated America. I do not have to prove myself daily to people I don't even care about. My employers, fellow teachers and students have the utmost respect for me just being me nothing else, no agendas here. Not sure if I ever want to live the American dream ever again. Women act like women, children act like children, there is a certain amount of innocence here that America has lost a long time ago. I want to raise my child here so they learn to grow up naturally like a child should. My students are so happy just to learn and to play with one another. They are like children were when I was a youngster 36 years ago. When the word gay still meant happy. Our world has progressed yet went two step backwards in the name of progress. What a high price we put on our society. I hardly ever see vagrants or crime here any hour of the night in the worst neighborhoods here. Maybe thier way isn't as bad as most people surmise. To be honest I really don't see that much lack of human rights here. What I see is a law abiding cpommunities. Everyone knows thier place and acts appropiately here. Yes, I am tooting China's horn yet like I said Observations and Interpretations. Take it anyway you want it.
China Shark Mike
[attachment=75]

Vince G:
I'm happy for you and thinking maybe I should get the hell out of here too. Two places in the world I would go. Italy and China. Not because of the italian thing just the way of living. And the food? Like China big meals all day long. In Italy there lunch break is 2-3 hours. Yet eveything gets done correctly and on time. My kind of place. :)

I just came off a job doing the books. Before I got there, everything is in collections and already on the lawyers desks. Everything except the owners 90 grand Mercedes and the partners Hummer. They make sure they look good? But the business that makes the money for them they let go to crap. Times that by thousands and you have the USA. I think he got pissed of because the lawyers called me direct, they didn't what to talk to the Bullshitter.

So as I told Song, half year there, half here? Might work out for the better.

David:
Sounds like you are doing great Michael!  I am glad you are so happy.  The shark in your signature looks like it would make a great tattoo!:D

Big Dave

Spruik:
China Shark Mike,

How do you find the apartments there, on balance? Do they compare with our western standards?

From what I have seen I am not impressed. Not one bit. But I have only visited one family while in Fushun. Entrance stairway like that of a derelict dump.

If I were to live in China, I would like to buy an old house cheap and renovate it. Seems that old freestanding houses are not in plentiful supply.

Been talking about that with a girlfriend there, but she cannot see things my way. Insists that renovating is too expensive (but cannot quote figures - of course) and when I show her examples of houses that were bought cheap and renovated by a foreigner, she insists "too expensive to buy" - as if I am thinking about buying some-one else's work).

Same mentality as I experienced in the Philippines - downright hopeless.

Toon

JimB:
Thanks Mike, I like the observations.  Getting different viewpoints is always good and when someone can write well makes it better.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version