Author Topic: Using Skype (phone)  (Read 2658 times)

Offline matt4534

Using Skype (phone)
« on: May 12, 2011, 11:09:32 am »
Hi Folks,

My journey continues.  Things are going very well with my lady friend.  The webcams have been terrific.  She is now comfortable enough  that we are going to start talking on our cell phones.  Problem,  I can not seem to get through using Skype.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  And yes I have bought minutes.

Thanks for your continued support.
Matt

Offline Hajo

Re: Using Skype (phone)
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 11:14:05 am »
Hi Matt,

When I needed it, I could not use Skype. I chose Rebtel and still use it. Try to look at www.rebtel.com. Maybe it is suitable for you.

/hajo
爱你的人如果没有按你所希望的方式来爱你,那并不代表他们没有全心全意地爱你。
Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

Offline matt4534

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 01:44:06 pm »
THANKS HAJO

Offline lfputman3

• Don't count the days until, count the days after
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 05:40:40 pm »
A cue from Mikkie, it's the bandwidth issue in China. Some areas, have good bandwidth, some areas do not. On top of that, Skype is technically a no-no over there now, we'll see what happens now that MS is buying Skype. depends on where she is.
if you are  using webcams, are you not using qq?

Lloyd
Better to plunge in and drowned, than sit on the pier wondering.

1744748245@qq.com

Offline Hajo

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 12:32:52 am »
Lloyd has a point there. I forgot about QQ    ::)

You can get the English version it here, if you haven't got: http://www.imqq.com/

/hajo
爱你的人如果没有按你所希望的方式来爱你,那并不代表他们没有全心全意地爱你。
Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

Offline matt4534

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 05:49:20 am »
Thanks for all the help.  She is in Anshan.  We webcam with Skype at the agency since she does not have a computer at home.  So that works ok.  I will check out QQ.  I not sure if I am using the right code.  But, she just emailed me some new info that I am going to try.

Thanks again Matt

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 10:29:53 am »
I ahvew been using skype in China ever since I arrived here nearly two years ago.  Since then I only ever lost a signal once which had nothing to do with China but was a worldwide problem with their system.

I pay a nominal fee fee ywarly and I get to call any landline phone in the UK for free. and anyone can call me in China from the UK at a local call rate which at some peiods is free.

I keep in contact with members and ex members by skype.  I think Microsoft need their customers for the next stage in internet future.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Jan

• QQ 1507672319
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2011, 03:13:41 am »
I've used quite a few times. With a solid internet connection at home, the quality is perfect.

And using 3g connection to call with Skype is usually good too. Sometimes the call breaks up, but it is only because of cheap 3g connection, that is not stable. It is worth it 8cents a minute... When it is 10 times the price if I was using my normal phone.

Calls to China have been great generally.