Author Topic: Chnlove - the survey  (Read 14162 times)

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
Re: Chnlove - the survey
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2011, 05:11:03 pm »
Lloyd, I think we should let Phillip answer that, but it's plainly obvious he means Chnlove - there has never been any discussion on the pros or cons on the benefits of THIS site.
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2011, 05:33:57 pm »
I sure dont wish to get embroiled in a shooting match about percentages and statistics...the survey is brilliant and thanks to Philip for doing it.

But I think that any survey must provide information for potential "seekers" to show what happened in the past, and give some pointers into the future.

So...without wanting to attract a bullet ( ;D ;D) here are some small developments of the statistics that hopefully add some very interesting conclusions....they certainly surprised me anyway !!!

From the 28 respondents, 23 used CHNLove......82%

Of those who used CHNLove, 17 were sucessful.......74%
Of those who used CHNLove, 6 were not sucessful.....26%

Of the 14 respondents (50%) who chose a different Introduction Agency
10 were sucessful.....72% were sucessful, 7% were not.

Two very surprising facts here....

Despite all the rhetoric and anger about CHNLove here (me included) .........74% of all respondents using them were able to find successs
Despite all the accolades for all the other Agencies (me included) the success rate was not much different...........71%

So in summary so far, we could say to newbies with some certainty....
" despite all the plusses and minuses, pros and cons of using any or every method to find your Chinese Princess, the success rate for any method is around 75% ish !!!"

And that is pretty good odds in any language !!!

Offline Philip

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2011, 06:07:45 pm »
Hi guys,
sorry about the spelling of Chnlove. Yes, of course I meant Chnlove the agency, not China Love the forum. Guess I am congenitally incapable of using stupid abbreviations.
Neil, I could have made more options than 5, but I only realized that later. I could have said I was successful and unsuccessful after having used Chnlove, but chose the former, because I was ultimately successful. Maybe I could have added another option "I was successful, DESPITE using Chnlove". I could have checked that one too!
Of course there are lies, damned lies and statistics, and the former member Rhonald mentioned would have a field day with this survey. It may not be very scientific, but it does give a snapshot of where we all are, and just for that, it is interesting.

Offline maxx

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2011, 06:15:19 pm »
Phillip I think the survey is a good idea.I went in and fixed the spelling for you.if you need me to add something more just let me know.

Offline shaun

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2011, 06:52:46 pm »
After looking at the data a little I see a few things I think needs to be addressed.

1. The definition of success needs to be defined.  What do you consider the term of success to be?  That could be anywhere between asking her to marry you to marriage to filing for a visa to living together. 

2.  There are several men who no longer visit this site that their data would be important to this survey to both issues of success and failure.  Since I think it would really be uncouth to call them and ask maybe the old timers here can input their info which leads me to number 3.

3.  Data control.  I am not saying that men here would lie but you really don't want the data skewed.  Giving our info to the mods, like they don't have enough to do, and letting them do the input would allow for the data to have more integrity.

4.  We need to remember that we are no longer China Love but China Romance.    And Maxx sorry to say this but you missed one.  ;D

5. Regardless of what I say, Phillip this is a great idea going into the future with new people coming in all of the time.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 06:54:41 pm by shaun »

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2011, 07:19:27 pm »
And being a CHINA Love topic, just like ordering from a Chinese menu, it is appropriate to have selections: one from column A & one from column B please  ::)
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline lfputman3

• Don't count the days until, count the days after
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2011, 09:45:03 pm »
Rhonald, Amen, I like the menu idea. As for past info, I have to add, it depends on who's story you want to quote. I know there are some who should not be included due to the disputed nature of what happened. Polling is supposed to be unbiased, but any political scientist or PoliSci major in any university with an ounce of integrity will tell you that is bull, because the pollsters tend to 'pick' their location. So I know I'm sounding like a pain in the you know what, but if they are no longer here, sorry, then I don't believe you should count them. If you want accuracy work with Irish to make sure each account can only vote on each poll only one time. That's all you you are supposed to get at the polls anyway.

Philip, thank you for clarifying. I was not trying to be nasty in anyway. I just felt that clarification was required. I cannot personally vote yet, because technically one of the girls at the agency office in Handan gave my contact information to my girl who is registered with that same agency. Such is life, oh well.

I believe that the agencies are similar to singles bars, with less chance of a quickie as a consolation, but no need for a buddy to jump a grenade either. I have been to bars where there are people who work there to get you drunk, most are not in North America. For the record, I do not count Mexico as North America, even if they technically are on the continent and are members of NAFTA.

Yes there are many options available. It depends on the individual and their temperament, attitude and whether or not they really are interesting to that lady on the other end. "No matter the method used"

With that being sad, I shall shut up now.
Better to plunge in and drowned, than sit on the pier wondering.

1744748245@qq.com

Offline Scottish_Robbie

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2011, 10:24:20 pm »
Another thing this brings to the fore...What about the female members, what site do / did they use and how successful were they? :o
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" Winston Churchill

Vince G

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2011, 10:42:32 pm »
Just to clarify, I knew he meant Chnlove BUT I have seen (or read) in other places where they do not understand there is a difference. Look at the Facebook wall page? So I thought it best to have it clear what the survey was about. Which by the way is a good idea. I think we had one before? Must be buried in the posts of the past somewhere.

We are still China Love (Shaun) the address was changed for technical reasons but I was never asked to change the banner so….

And the women don't use Chnlove Rob, men only. Well? at least they aren't suppose to. Ahem!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 10:44:30 pm by Vince G »

Offline Scottish_Robbie

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2011, 12:36:52 am »
Of course they do mate,  they answer...well 'WE' think they do... :o ::) ::) ;D ;D
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" Winston Churchill

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2011, 05:30:41 am »
Hmm, I gotta have a questtion for all of you who replied here and who said if yes or no, ther stories via Chnlove was successfull.
In fact, when can man consider that his story via Chnlove was successfull? Once he's been married? but ... if man would divorce then 2 years later, what would then happen? Could man then say "oh non, it was unsuccessful"?
My 2 cents about it, but that's a point of view which maybe needs to be also determined.

About myself, I know that my story via Chnlove is successfull but also, thanks to the brotherhood here ! :)
- Let's Rock -

Offline Philip

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2011, 06:36:49 am »
We could argue till the cows come home about the finer points of the rather crude and simple tool that is this survey. If you want my real definition of success in a relationship it is that in 50 years time, I will still be as much in love with my wife as I am now. But I'm not waiting 50 years to complete this survey. So for the purposes of this simple survey, I would say that I have been successful because I got the girl after using Chnlove. If this is a million miles away from anyone else's definition, shoot me. Success can be quite subjective, so finding data from old members would not help. It's more important for people to vote if they feel they have been successful on their own terms. As I said before, it is just a snapshot, not an exact science. The menu idea sounds good. I don't know how to do it.
Is this a representative sample? Well the silent majority on this forum haven't spoken (yet). But the loud minority have. I assume they are mostly the same ones who do the posting and have had a wide spectrum of experiences with or without Chnlove. So it probably isn't a bad sample. If  nothing else, it starts to put a figure to the number of active members here. Willy thinks I am mad to hope for 100 responses. He is probably right. Maybe I should take some spread bets from people to say the final figure. 30-40? 40-50?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 06:40:28 am by Philip »

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2011, 06:56:35 am »
I know that most of guys here found their love via Chnlove, that's also why that forum was created, explaing how it happened for each of us once meeting a chinese woman, whatever it could be successful or not.
Most of time, it is "always" the same ones who point, who post new threads and also, who reply. But well. maybe the best way to know if it would be succesful or not, would be to look over that thread?
http://www.chinaromance.net/index.php?topic=59.0

BROTHERHOOD LIST OF CURRENT LADY PROFILE # ..........

And then, maybe would man see how many stories were successful?
(and also, for who is with his chinese wife, man can know how it happened.... so...?)

- Let's Rock -

Vince G

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2011, 08:29:55 am »
Who's your mate? http://www.chinaromance.net/index.php?topic=86.0  is a list of successors reported. I try to keep it up to date? Some that divorced are out of the "success" list. But I think for the survey it best to use the success word as the lady was real. You met her and moved forward. Whether you were divorced later shouldn't make a difference for that wasn't part of the Chnlove experience but only your own.

Offline Kiwi303

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2011, 08:39:07 am »
Phillip I think the survey is a good idea.I went in and fixed the spelling for you.if you need me to add something more just let me know.

well you could slip in another one...

X) Still communicating, but yet to meet.

I'm still on track to fly over in August, but while still communicating I haven't yet met the real girl or been stood up at the airport lobby by the agency mirage... so which one am I? Ok, I clicked "Used Chnlove" but USING is more accurate than USED currently...

Roll on August, my new passport arrived last week... Just the Visa and the Job to nail down, the Uni I had an offer from has said they have re-hired all their current FTs so I will not be needed after all, so time to look around again.