Author Topic: Would a chat room be a welcome addition?  (Read 1412 times)

Offline djal

Would a chat room be a welcome addition?
« on: May 29, 2011, 12:52:51 am »
I'm just wondering if some members would enjoy having a chat room on this site so some of us could chat with each other at times?  I would definitely enjoy this...  I'm just testing the water here and waiting for feedbacks.   Our moderators might also like to know what members feel about this.   BTW I have no clue how to set up such a chatroom and I do not want to cause any trouble to the creator(s)/ moderator(s) of this great web site.

Talking about chat room,  Chnlove.com has begun to offer to the members the ability to chat with ladies via their own site.  The problem here is they should have added a video/audio capabily so westerners would have been  certain they are communicating live with someone else than the translator...  You can be sure now that Chnlove.com will not permit a Chinese lady to give their QQ address or MSN address etc to any man... 

At this time I talk to a sweet lady almost on a daily basis on Skype.  I'm happy the chat service was not in operation a few moths ago because I doubt the agency in Baoding would have let her give  me her Yahoo address back then.    ???

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
Re: Would a chat room be a welcome addition?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 10:02:29 am »
I see little point in a separate Chat room.

The shout box can go for days with many two or three people getting in it in that time.

In fact my entry of 24 hours ago was the last one there to date.

By the way djal do you speak on video via skype.  Just wondering?

Willy

« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 10:05:39 am by Willy The Londoner »
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline djal

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 11:02:31 am »
Yes Willy I use video/audio and writing at the same time.  It works very well for us!

I understand your point Willy concerning the chatroom.  I just thought there is nothing comparable to chat with others in a chatroom and get answers and replies right away.

My two cents...

djal

Arnold

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 01:09:11 pm »
djal ,
when our Tech Guy ( Ronan/Irishman ) set this website up for us .. we debated this Chat-Room idea here . With came to the conclusion that the Shout Box was enough . Besides , many of our Member's here use the PM system and exchange their E-Mail address and can talk via PC that way . Also with some cheap International Calling Service's , using the Regular Phone is not too expensive either . Anyway , we do appreciate your thought in that regard .. if you have any other idea that we can improve our Forum .. feel free to Post it .

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2011, 02:41:33 pm »
I agree with Willy and Arnold.  We already have the shoutbox, which works as a chat room type feature.  There are times that the box is busy, and other times that it is slow.  The advantage to the shoutbox, is it does not require a new window to be opened.  It is always at the top of this page.