Author Topic: Go Canucks Go!  (Read 7880 times)

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
Re: Go Canucks Go!
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2011, 01:50:03 am »
Yes, wait till next year..... The Red Wings will beat the Sharks this time and take the cup,......... again. I wanted to see the Wings go against Tampa for the cup this year.

Dave C
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2011, 08:04:21 am »

Got a new name. What do you call IDIOTS, LOUTS and BRAINLESS MORONS who smashes up a city center because a team lost what was just a game.   I know Canucks, that suits them fine.

Never mind another 80 odd years and they can redeem themselves when they get another go.
Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2011, 08:12:58 am »
Vancouver doesn't deserve to have a hockey team.  If I was the owner of the Canucks, I'd sell the team.  Not because of their terrible performance (it was), but because of the fans terrible performance.
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2011, 10:38:35 am »
Well I guess the worst losers got what they deserved. I remember Calgary Flames run for the cup in 2004 and how disappointed we lost game 7. Now game 7 was in Tampa Bay and not home, but some how, eventhough the rest of the country likes to label us as Rednecks, we show more civility then supposed elitist cities.
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline halfpint

« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2011, 12:22:24 am »
Just remember, the ones that created that disgrace, they aren't hockey fans.  Just a bunch of punks who ruined it for everyone.  Very sad to see.
My qin ai de is in Shanghai, and I'm not

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2011, 03:18:55 am »
Just remember, the ones that created that disgrace, they aren't hockey fans.  Just a bunch of punks who ruined it for everyone.  Very sad to see.

Used to hear the same in the UK with football (soccer).  Funny how the hooligans are never fans. Then WTF do they wear the team shirts when they are causing damage and mayhem. Is that a disguise?

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline halfpint

« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2011, 10:18:59 pm »
OK Willy, i hear you, i saw lots of stories of the hooligans in the UK.  Never thought we would be the same, but unfortunately we are.  The good news is thousands of Vancouverites came downtown and helped clean up the mess.  They wanted to show the city is full of good people, and they did.  Focus on the good things!!! 

People have to keep things in perspective to.  I remember being in Santiago Chile, I think it was in 1998.  I received a phone call from my wife,she was very distressed wondering if I was safe.  I had no idea what she was talking about.  Turns out here was a riot happening, it was all over the news.

Well, that riot was composed of about 300 people protesting Augusto Pinochet's appointment to a life-long seat in the Senate.    There was violence, like the kind in Vancouver.  Yet 99.9% of the city had no idea this was happening, including me.  I was 3 blocks away from it.  The media blew it up as if the whole city was in turmoil. 
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 10:51:36 pm by halfpint »
My qin ai de is in Shanghai, and I'm not