Author Topic: Funny things your wife/girlfriend says !  (Read 8864 times)

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
Re: Funny things your wife/girlfriend says !
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2011, 08:21:34 am »
Most Chinese make a lot of funny sounding pronounciations for a lot of words containing strong "R".

That reminds me of a part in the Monty Python movie The Life of Brian. I will have to get my girlfriend to watch that with me sometime.

Dave C
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

Offline Jason B

• Xia and Laura the most beautiful girls in the world
  • Xia - guardian of my heart.
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2011, 08:39:07 am »
Most Chinese make a lot of funny sounding pronounciations for a lot of words containing strong "R".

Reminds me of the blokes that did South Park and that Team America or what ever it was called movie.......where the North Korean president bloke says Herro were everything with an L is said with an R and the Simpsons had an episode where they went to Japan to TOYS L US......well I thought it was funny. :P
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.

Offline shaun

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2012, 08:59:21 pm »
The last time I went to China Peggy kept on bring used duck home for dinner.   It always concerned me.  I would ask her, "how was it used?"  Of course she didn't understand.  I asked the men on this site what they though she was saying.  Finally I came to the conclusion that she was saying Roast Duck.  After all that was what it looked like when she brought it home.

Well I was wrong.  We were talking about duck last night and I typed in Peiking Duck and translated it into Chinese and sent it to her.  She came back and said she liked used duck too.  Ah ha!!!!   Two years later and now I understand.    ;D ;D ;D

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2012, 09:52:35 pm »
The last time I went to China Peggy kept on bring used duck home for dinner.   It always concerned me.  I would ask her, "how was it used?"  Of course she didn't understand.  I asked the men on this site what they though she was saying.  Finally I came to the conclusion that she was saying Roast Duck.  After all that was what it looked like when she brought it home.

Well I was wrong.  We were talking about duck last night and I typed in Peiking Duck and translated it into Chinese and sent it to her.  She came back and said she liked used duck too.  Ah ha!!!!   Two years later and now I understand.    ;D ;D ;D

Better Late than never. Ha ha.  You will both be fluent in another 125 years. ;D ;D

Willy
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 09:55:36 pm by Willy The Londoner »
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline JamesM.Roberts

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2012, 04:10:16 am »
Ping sometimes (ok all the time) gets her 4's and 5's mixed up....alright I know it's not really funny, especially when you're being chased down the street by a outraged vendor in Nanning, that you just shorted out of 10 Yuan
Anyone can pick up an apple off the ground, but the sweeter ones take a little work to get to!!

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • Board Moderator
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2012, 04:51:06 am »
There is another thread hers called chinglish or something like that.
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE

Offline shaun

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2012, 06:28:42 am »
James Peggy has the same problem.  She also has a problem with hundreds and thousands.  But that is OK.  That is my strength for her.

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2012, 06:24:24 pm »
In a similar vein....

Ming has a Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering, but she doesn't know how to wire a plug....dammit, one more disappointment  ;D ;D ;D

Making a fantastic Hot-Pot is one thing...but wiring a plug...I would be really in hog heaven if she could  ;D ;D

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2012, 07:54:34 pm »
Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering...now that is really funny!

And used duck...could be "recycled"?  hahaha

Offline shaun

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2012, 08:05:32 pm »
Just wait until I tell her about duck tape.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2012, 04:16:27 am »
Yes, Im was really puzzled when she got her Degree translated into English (she needed a copy for the Course she is enrolling in)...when I saw "Electrical Engineering" I had to hang on real hard to stop myself

bursting into insane laughter and giving her a big loss of face !!!

I am sure that what Ming knows about Electrical Engineering could be written on a grain of rice and still leave room for the Lord's Prayer !!!!

But there it is...I cannot say that she got this degree by fraud, because I know she attended University for 3 years.............maybe they get a degree for just turning up on a regular basis ???????????

Of course, now they know about it our local Centrelink (Govt Dept that handles job seekers and Employers) is besieging here with Interview offers because there is a huge shortage of Engineers at this time.

If there are any jobs going for Electrical Engineers who can make a mean hot-pot...she probably will do Ok....... ::) ::) ::)

Lovely Lady she IS...Electrical Engineer...she aint !!!!!!!!

Arnold

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2012, 11:34:17 am »
Thats like my Sweety, has a Degree in Industrial Metalogy. Have no idea what she'd do with that, but this is what the Chinese Gov. thought she'd be best at.
Sha also a  Major in Language (Japanese) and to bad .. all the darn Sushi places here are Korean run. So no place to use it.. except on me in case she get's mad with me.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2012, 09:47:49 pm »

Sha also a  Major in Language (Japanese) and to bad .. all the darn Sushi places here are Korean run. So no place to use it.. except on me in case she get's mad with me.
That reminds me of my visit to Scottish Robbies.  We went to a Chinese eat all you want place. The only Chinese person was the one behind the desk taking the money. The waitress looked to be all Eastern Europeans.  Never seen so much blonde hair in a Chinese restaurant before.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,