Author Topic: My Absence Due To My Daughter  (Read 4028 times)

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
My Absence Due To My Daughter
« on: June 14, 2011, 12:30:31 am »
Hello everybody,

I just thought that I would put this here now because I see some people have noticed my absence from this forum. I have not been on the computer much since the middle of april, except for my QQ time with LingLing.

I was in the grocery store here at home when I got the phone call that no parent ever wants to get. I got the news that they found one of my daughters deceased in her apartment. My life has been kind of in a fog ever since but it has been easing up. These past 2 months since the news have flown by. I have had a lot to deal with about this but I think I am through the worst of it. I have had several talks with my step father about this and he has helped me out a lot. (He is a psychiatrist) I still have times I cry. Just today I unexpectedly heard her voice from one of her old cell phones (voice activated calling) and that really got to me, but I know I will have this happen sometimes so I try to keep myself prepared.

I am not putting this here looking for pity. I am only trying to let anybody that has associated with me here know what had happened to cause my absence from this site. Some of you know about this because you are a friend on facebook. I am only trying to inform the rest here.

I am posting a picture of her here too.

Dave C
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
Re: My Absence Due To My Daughter
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 01:01:33 am »
Dave we missed you here, but then most of us knew why. Today my coworker got bad news as he heard his father just died. I remember how I felt when I got the phone call of my Dad's passing. When someone we love leaves us it is always heart felt. But the lose of your own child when still so young, well I hope never to feel that pain. My condolences and may the bitter pain slowly with time's passing turn into found memories of the good times you once shared with her.
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline john1964

• finally together
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 06:44:21 am »
Dave, Our deepest condolences from MinYing and John.

Offline shaun

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 07:03:51 am »
Dave, my heart goes out to you. I'm sorry to hear that this has happened.  I'll keep you in my prayers.

Shaun

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 07:30:10 am »
Dave, Liyan and myself "send" you our deepest condeleances about your daughter.
- Let's Rock -

Arnold

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 11:18:10 am »
Memories .... memories of your Daugther ( Cheryl ) will never fade !

Good to have you back , as for being here will also ease your Pain a little .. I hope ?

Offline Scottish_Robbie

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 07:46:13 pm »
Dave...So sorry to hear the tragic news....

I know its no consolation....But believe me...TIME is a great healer...

I am not a praying christian normally, but my prayers are with you...
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" Winston Churchill

Offline Peter Arnold

• Milestogo
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2011, 08:27:30 pm »
Hi David, I don't get on the site too much these days, but I just wanted to send my condolences to you and your family. I am very sorry to hear of your loss. It is good that you have got support and help to grieve,
Peter A
It is never too late to be what you might have been

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2011, 09:17:51 pm »
Hi Dave, I am happy to hear you update here.  It's been awhile, and I understand why.  I do hope we can get together up in the Park this summer.  I am planning for late July, although my work schedule will really dictate that.  But hopefully we can sit back over a few beer, and just relax and chat.  You have been on my mind a lot this past few months.  Call me anytime, or send me a text, and I can call you as well.

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2011, 12:33:02 am »
Hello Everybody,

I realised that I really never put in the post what had happened to cause her death. She was a diabetic. She was diagnosed just after she had turned 6. As a young girl she was good about doing her routine of fingerpokes and insulin. My ex-wife and I had had a terrible time with her about doing her fingerpokes and insulin during her teen years. As she got into her 20's she got a little better about it, but she still never really did follow her meal plan set out for her and the fingerpoke and insulin routine was still a bit of a war with her. She tried the trick of not doing insulin to lose weight, 2 or 3 times at least. During one of these times I was taking her to school and she told me she did not feel well. I put the turn signal on and drove straight to the hospital. All I could smell in the car was ketones. (breath smells like nail polish remover) I knew why she did not feel well and was tired of the war with her about the care of herself. When a diabetic does this they build up toxins in their blood, ketones. If they continue to not give themselves insulin the buildup is fatal. The condition is called ketoacidosis. This was the preliminary cause of death from the coronor. I have not received the official report yet and I am waiting on this report.

Dave C
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2011, 12:40:28 am »
Martin,

I sent you a PM about when I will be in the park the end of july.

And Everybody Else Too,

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

Dave C

Offline kenny

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2011, 08:23:32 am »
Dave,

I can not imagine what you are going through now. I am very sorry to read this and my thought's are with you and your family.

Offline Kiwi303

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2011, 03:39:24 am »
You have prayers here...

Offline daghoi

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2011, 04:16:14 am »

I'm sorry to read this, my thoughts goes to you and your family.

Offline halfpint

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2011, 02:14:48 am »
So sorry to hear this.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
My qin ai de is in Shanghai, and I'm not