Author Topic: Birth Announcement......!!!!  (Read 17291 times)

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
Re: Birth Announcement......!!!!
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2011, 06:49:16 pm »
OMG Willy....I must cancell Mings flight...cant have 2 such monumentous happenings in one day.... ;D ;D ;D

ps...I just knew you were a Gemini !!!!

Offline john1964

• finally together
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2011, 06:29:06 am »
David and Ming, You both have our congratulations on the success of the visa for your wife, We both wish you the best in your new life together and hope you both have many great years ahead of you both,, MinYing and John.

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2011, 11:56:31 am »
Congratulations David E and Ming. I hope that you will be very happy together.

Dave C
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

Offline joeswuhandream

• the good life with a good wife
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2011, 05:42:09 pm »
great news David and Ming  i am over the moon for you both now for the exciting times 
keep us all posted , don't you just love it when a plan comes together  ;) :)
regards joey +Sophia :)

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2011, 04:46:09 pm »
I never thought this day would come !!!!!

Today Ming leaves Chengdu for her journey to our new life together in Perth. We will meet at Perth Airport tomorrow about 7.00 am

I have done all the cooking, shopping, cleaning, gardening and everything is ready....and I am knackered  ;D ;D

Dont know how I will sleep tonite.....too many butterflies !!

It has been a long journey and I am just happy that we now move ahead into the real relationship, and get to work out how to live together happily...so different to the 10 day visits we are used to.

I will send updates when I can...but I probably will be quiet for a few days from here... ::) ::)

Offline shaun

« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2011, 08:00:47 pm »
We will call it, "The Taming of the Beast."  Your quiet that is.  No really David I am very happy for the two of you and if you lose a little sleep, you wont miss it much after she gets there.  Congratz.

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2011, 09:38:11 pm »
May tomorrow come promptly to Perth , we will all await your photo's with anticipation , maybe Ming will ask where the main city is and think of Perth as a suburb ha ha , all the best to the 2 of you , regards Sujuan and Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline Jason B

• Xia and Laura the most beautiful girls in the world
  • Xia - guardian of my heart.
« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2011, 07:19:03 am »
I know exactly what you are feeling right now mate.  All will be well and update when you come up for air.
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.

Offline seagull

« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2011, 08:08:48 am »
Good luck David E and keep us posted on how Ming adjusts to life in Perth. My lady is also from Chengdu, which as you know is different from Perth in nearly every imaginable way (environment, size, culture, social life, business hours, etc) and I hope Ming settles in well with you here.

Offline joeswuhandream

• the good life with a good wife
« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2011, 11:42:36 am »
great news David on the realisation of a dream , the coming days are then most important of your life, i hope everything goes well
come in and speak to us time to time 
thinking of you at this time  regards  joey and Sophia (Chengdu) :) ;)

Offline Clayton

« Reply #55 on: July 03, 2011, 06:35:51 pm »
Good on ya bloke, I wish you two all the best and can't wait to read about your little funny experiences settling in together. Cheers
This is the way to go

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #56 on: July 03, 2011, 09:20:36 pm »
Today is the Day. Hope all goes well in Perth. 

Remember big breathes and do not get too excited.

And enjoy the moment your wifes steps foot on Aussie soil.

I know that you will be waiting with baited breathe.

At least us Pommies have removed any possible conflicts.  Like Airport? or Cricket Ground? Cricket Ground or Airport?

Willy

Perth? I think it is ok and I hear your neighbours are only 5 miles from you. But if they listen carefully they will hear you celebrating tonight!
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2011, 05:53:19 pm »
Phew !!!!....just came up for air after a whirlwind couple of days....life sure has changed in such a short time...cant stop smiling  ;D ;D

I waited in Perth Airport in 2 degree cold...most unusual for Perth...her flight landed at 6.25 am.

She walked out of Customs at 7.00 am and for both of us it was the most best feeling !!

Customs allowed her to bring in about 20 kilos of assorted Chinese Medicines (I think they all arrive weighed down with medicine, maybe they think we still use witchcraft here ?) The flight from Chengdu to Singapore was delayed by weather and she was worried that she might miss the connection to Perth, but she managed to get from Terminal 1 to Terminal 3 in Singapore and clear all the formalities in time.

The drive home was a blur...babbling away and feeling on top of the World. After so many visits to Chengdu, it was really good to see her on my home turf and to show off some of our beautiful City.

She immediately set to unpacking and putting away her stuff once we got home...the Chinese mind at work. For me, I would have just put my feet up and crashed for a few hours...but I got overuled, she insisted all clothing was neatly put away in its proper place and everything sorted...immediately...ho hum...lesson No. 1 for me !!!!

Then she dived in the shower and after the process went to the kitchen and made us a cup of tea !!!....just like she had been there forever...amazing !!!

Now we have begun the familiarisation process....all the gadgets in the home, how to work this and that and there are Chinese "post-it notes" all over the house...it is very charming  ;D ;D...as of yet, no laundry in the bathroom...but that will come I'm sure.!!

The Sun was getting through about lunchtime so she had a nap on the swing seat beside the Pool in the afternoon and I got time to get my breath back.

We had a lovely dinner together, I cooked Thai food which she loves and after we had a QQ session with friends and family in Chengdu, just to let them know that she arrived safely and was happy.

Sorry that my post is all about trivia guys, there are no major happenings or issues to report...at these early days it is just happiness all the way, just to be together in our own home, with no deadline looming like it always was in our previous times together.

This ,so far is all that I hoped and dreamed it could be.

Talk again soon

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #58 on: July 05, 2011, 06:18:50 pm »
Sweet.  As I read this, I am imagining my own wife doing similar things.  I have a huge smile on my face.  I'm so happy that you guys are so happy.  Such a dream, finally come true. 

I only have one complaint.  Where are the pictures?  Haha. 

Congratulations David. 
...as irresistible as chocolate

Vince G

« Reply #59 on: July 05, 2011, 06:28:58 pm »
It all sounds fantastic. A toast to you both, to love, laughter and happily ever after.