Author Topic: Birth Announcement......!!!!  (Read 17290 times)

Offline Scottish_Robbie

Re: Birth Announcement......!!!!
« Reply #75 on: July 18, 2011, 07:32:41 pm »
David

That my friend was one of the funniest stories I have ever read...Thank you and please thank your POCKET ROCKET...hahahahaha

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" Winston Churchill

Offline kenny

« Reply #76 on: July 18, 2011, 07:38:36 pm »
Yes like Rob said that was a funny story.  Four hours and twenty eight minutes... my god!

You should get one of those phones with a video camera and then you could post the video here so we could all enjoy from the corner.

Offline Scottish_Robbie

« Reply #77 on: July 18, 2011, 07:43:00 pm »
Yes like Rob said that was a funny story.  Four hours and twenty eight minutes... my god!

You should get one of those phones with a video camera and then you could post the video here so we could all enjoy from the corner.

Kenny...THAT is a GREAT IDEA....David please do it.... ;D ;D ;D
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" Winston Churchill

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #78 on: July 18, 2011, 08:32:06 pm »
David E, I thought labour pains happens before and during the birth, but it appears here for you, that the labour pains have carried on long after the birth. Or maybe this is teething pains you are experiencing! :o

Continued success on this thread as you new addition entertains us with more growing pains. Please keep us up to date as I can't wait to hear the troubles with toilet training.  ;D
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Arnold

« Reply #79 on: July 19, 2011, 12:54:14 am »
Sooooo funny , it makes me smile ( actually laugh ) reading such Local Adventure at the Phone Store .. while I wait for my LaoPo come home from Work . Somebody's got to work in this Family ! 8)

Offline shaun

« Reply #80 on: July 19, 2011, 07:47:29 am »
David.  I laughed until I cried.  Perth must still be in the dark ages.  That shouldn't have taken more than 2 1/2 hours.  :o

I also like your term pocket rocket.  I think I'll keep it for my own here, with your permission of course.  Since you have the Ipod4 you can make videos...  I was going to ask you to...  but that could bite you in the...  enjoy everything about her David and keep that honeymoon going and going.

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #81 on: July 19, 2011, 09:29:16 am »
David , a most enthralling read , Sujuan has been after one for a while and we bought one for stepdaughter just before she went back to Shenyang in January , but the suject has not been raised here for a few months now so we will let sleeping dogs lie , thank you for that other site most interesting , regards Sujuan and Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #82 on: July 19, 2011, 07:47:01 pm »
Well.....we have been together coming on 3 weeks now, a lot of water under that bridge !!!

My LP is very pleased and happy with her new situation, loves the home, the air and the family.

She is also very pleased at how well my training programme is progressing and she tells me I am well on the way to becoming a "real" person  ;D ;D

I thought I would give a few tips and tricks I have been learning...may help some others embarking on this journey....in fact, sometime down the track I will probably write a book about it all...:

1) Immediately on waking in the morning it is necessary for good health to drink a large glass of hot salty water.......my Doc could possibly be in conflict with this advice...but what would he know !!
2) If your bare feet touch the ground...you will die
3) If you wear any clothes that have touched the ground.....you will die
4) Pleasant tasting Western Medicine and easy to swallow pills and capsules dont work. For any medicine to do you good it must be foul smelling and evil tasting
5) Mens clothes over 3 years old must be turned into rags because they are unhygenic, smelly and "not beautiful"
6) On the other hand, womens clothes have a life expectancy beyond 200 years
7) Cats and domestic pets should be fed with one teaspoon of boiled rice per day and be grateful that they get fed anything at all
8) Dont ever sit down for 30 minutes after a big meal...if you do you will get a big bum...just look at all the Western Women
9) Microwave cookers are really nuclear reactors and Chinese people dont eat radioactive food
10) There is no such thing as yummy food left-overs to put in the fridge and eaten tomorrow. Eat it all today...even if it chokes you.
11) Underwear and personals can never be exposed to daylight after washing, ...or you will die when you wear them. They must be dried indoors in a bathroom
12) Beautiful, manicured lawns are a waste of good vegetable growing space
13) Anything planted in the garden that is not edible is a waste of time and "not beautiful"....sob...there goes my Camellias, Gardenias, Roses and Magnolias

I am sure there will be many more learnings for me as I learn to live with my Chinese Princess.......at least that what she is threatening !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers...David

Offline Peter Arnold

• Milestogo
« Reply #83 on: July 19, 2011, 09:59:02 pm »
Dear David, That is one mean little pocket rocket you have acquired. I glad to see someone is sorting out the inefficiencies in our retail stores.
I am not sure that anyone can help you at the moment, as it seems you are riding the rapids, so maybe the river will widen and slow down soon. I do agree with some of her points regarding microwave ovens and wasted lawn space.
Thanks so much for relaying your life so far. Hope you can keep your sanity and sense of humor! There will certainly be a book in it.
I just read all of the questions that were asked at Ming's interview. Very helpful to know, so thanks once again for your insights and information,
Peter
It is never too late to be what you might have been

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #84 on: July 20, 2011, 02:20:42 pm »
I love number 8.  I knew there must be a reason for all the big bums out there.
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline Buzz

• XiuRu Zhang
« Reply #85 on: July 20, 2011, 09:48:34 pm »
David, love the updates. 

I got my wife an I phone day after our wedding.  We got the free Google translator app and it has been a great little tool for when we are out and about.  We have the same pimple face kids working in the apple tree here, but my saving grace was that I took my youngest daughter along and she was able to translate our needs to the kids. 

Figured out the clothes bit.  All my old clothes have been given to the "Goodwill store".  It seems that my choice of color and style are not matching her wants and wishes.   My saving grace is that when she says that I have no brain to make good choice,  I tell her that " i chose her and i am very happy with that choice "  only to have her respond,  that she did the choice and choosing and that i was lucky and should never forget. 

Love the salt water, and we have been here long enough that we are out of the wonderful "china medicine" that my dear retired doctor brought. 

take, care,  buzz

Offline shaun

« Reply #86 on: July 20, 2011, 09:51:52 pm »

I'm love reading every bit if it.

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #87 on: July 30, 2011, 05:53:07 pm »
Ming at Home......

Offline shaun

« Reply #88 on: July 30, 2011, 06:57:49 pm »
David, she looks happy and content.  Good job.

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #89 on: July 30, 2011, 08:09:25 pm »
all bundled up.  it must be cold there.

You're a lucky man David. 
...as irresistible as chocolate