Author Topic: Long Form Birth Certificate  (Read 2200 times)

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
Long Form Birth Certificate
« on: June 25, 2011, 04:22:08 am »
There has been some positive changes recently abut naturalization in Ireland so I am starting to research the whole process.
In a nutshell, once my wife is here for three year she can apply for Irish Citizenship. The new application process is supposed to take 6 months (which is down from 26 months when the last government was in charge).

Now to my query. As part of her application my wife will need a long form birth cert which she was never issued. She was born at home in the countryside so no birth certificate was ever issued. She has a Hukou which is all that is needed for anything in China but over here thats not acceptable as an alternative.
Has anyone helped their wife apply for a birth cert, what was involved, could she do it thorough the Chinese embassy? When I search google for information all I'm getting are stories about Obama's birth cert!!!
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Vince G

Re: Long Form Birth Certificate
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 08:13:14 am »
This doesn't sound like something you will find on Google. It's a minor interior matter in China so contacting an embassy would be my first choice. They may give you the path you need to take.

Offline shaun

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 08:38:42 am »
Irish, you might check with the Obama Administration and maybe they can make a birth certificate for you.  I'm sorry I really could not resist.   ;D

I will ask my fiance because she is in the same situation and she has a birth certificate.

Offline shaun

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2011, 09:06:11 am »
She didn't know what to do.  Her father fixed the problem years ago and he is no longer with us.

Offline maxx

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2011, 12:59:22 pm »
Irish Scott and Robert are real close to the right answear.Your wife or her mother will need to go to gong zheng chu in the city where her Hukou is.They can get her a long form birth certificate.Then you will need to get it translated and notarized.

My wife had to do the same thing.It isn't really a big deal.They Evan had a translator on staff in my wife's birth city.So they handled it all right there.

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2011, 07:44:50 pm »
Yup.  My wife did the same thing.  She was very worried that, since she didn't get a birth certificate because she was born at home, she would not be allowed to immigrate.  It was no problem getting a birth certificate, but it's not the same as the certificate of birth that they get when they are born.  Well, same but different. 
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 11:55:06 am »
Thanks guys, Maxx, I asked my wife if she knew that place you mentioned, in Wuhan (where her Hukou is) and she said yes. So we'll get it sorted next time we are there.

Offline maxx

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 11:58:09 pm »
Irish your welcome.I'm glad I could help.Let me know when you go to Wuhan the next time.If we are in China at the same time.We can take  a bus and go to Wuhan.It is 2 hours by bus from JiuJiang.We can get together and have some lunch.And scare all the Chinese people.When they think we are invadeing Wuhan.

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2011, 09:44:42 pm »
I'd like that very much Maxx!
We'll probably be back in China next for the new year in Guangzhou. Not sure if we will go to her hometown then or if shes gonna go there while I'm here (shes going a few weeks earlier than me). I guess we'll start making plans after the summer.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2011, 12:03:31 am »
Irishman,

You will be a hero if you go travelling around during New Year. 

Rather you than me.   But then meeting up with Maxx may well be worth it after all.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,