Author Topic: A MILESTONE....MY 1000th POST  (Read 1689 times)

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
A MILESTONE....MY 1000th POST
« on: July 03, 2011, 10:44:50 pm »
I saved this posting number to honour and humour two specifics.
Both events fall on July 4th: Willy's Birthday now, and in a few hours, America's Independence day.

First off,  Happy Birthday Willy.

Although I can not be sure you being the oldest member, I can safely assume that you are the oldest contributing member.
Many of our forum members might not know this, but eventhough Willy is old enough to have been upset at not being invited to the Boston Tea Party, he is in fact much older then this historic event. You see before he was known as "Willy the Londoner" he use to live avon another river. It was there in his wild youth, celebrating his Birthday, that he use to make maidens blush crimson red. With his over consumption of alcohol and his frisky nature, he would be soon seen running amok causing the ladies to say, "did you see William shaking his spear in his Birthday suite?

Soon the town council had enough of his antics, and if you asked him, it was not much to do about nothing, but as they did not like it, he was barred from ever again entering the the town of Stratford. Thus his name "The Barred from Avon"  8)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would also say it is a safe bet that the majority of our members here are from down South of the Border. No not Mexico, but I being Canadian, it would be our American cousins. I have always being proud to have the Good Ole USA as my neighbour. So I wish all you Yanks and Johnny Rebs the happiest Barbecuing and fire works display. Being well versed in American History and the significance of this day to you Americans, I wish to quote your founding President President Thomas J. Whitmore: a bit from his famous Declaration of Independence:

Perhaps, it's fate that today is the Fourth of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom--not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution, but from annihilation. We're fighting for our right to live--to exist. And, should we win the day, the Fourth of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day when the world declared in one voice: "We will not go quietly into the night. We will not vanish, without a fight. We're going to live on. We're going to survive. Today, we celebrate our Independence Day!"  ::)

Thus ends my 1000th post, my gift to you my fellow reader and Asian lands traveller.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 11:12:33 pm by Rhonald »
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline shaun

Re: A MILESTONE....MY 1000th POST
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 07:59:21 am »
Oivay. (Not sure how to spell it.)  That is a good one Rhon.   And to think that Will Smith actually witnessed that speech.   I could only ad, "to boldly go where no man has gone before."

Congratz on your 1000th post.

Vince G

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 08:09:30 am »
oy vey (correct spelling), Only 1000? Amateur   ;D

Offline shaun

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 11:36:11 am »
Dang, this Vince guy knows everything.  either that or he is really good at researching on the internet.

Thanks,

Offline Jason B

• Xia and Laura the most beautiful girls in the world
  • Xia - guardian of my heart.
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 06:54:56 pm »
Congrats mate,

I do have one question though.......

Now that Rhonald has edited his 1000 post, does that mean he is now at 1000 1/2?
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.

Vince G

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2011, 07:16:41 pm »
Shaun, when you grow up in New York, Long Island and if you say you never met a jew.... your lying.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2011, 01:30:04 am »
I do have one question though.......

Now that Rhonald has edited his 1000 post, does that mean he is now at 1000 1/2?

Jason it was my 1000th post, the editing is just the rounding from metric to miles  ::)
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances