Author Topic: Thanks  (Read 3148 times)

Offline martynivy

• concrete jim "hardened criminal"
Thanks
« on: November 20, 2011, 01:43:59 am »
Would like to thank wily for introducing me to the site,this is my fourth visit to china in eighteen months,have just got my visa to enable me to stay for six months,i am currently living in shantou with my wife ivy,who i met on chnlove.We have been married for just over a year,ivy tried to live in the uk but got very homesick so i come to the middle kingdom to live, we have a very nice apartment,saves on hotel bills.
When i started on this journey i could never have imagined the highs and lows of starting a relationship 6000 miles away from home,but i now have two families,and i must admit the climate suits me as i am no longer a young man!
Hope to make lots of new friends.

Martyn
a wise man never gives advice

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
Re: Thanks
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 02:33:34 am »
Welcome Martyn , I will have to look up where you are living on Google maps , we have an ever increasing number of forum members living in China which is great , photos of where you are ,are always welcome just like Iceland is doing with videos on his adventures , regards Sujuan and Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 03:52:01 am »
Glad you came across to us mate. Maybe me and you will get together as you are in Guangdong as well. 

My wife was not happy with the UK either. Problem was we stayed in a hotel and she was not able to cook food that she was used to and takeaways were not  Chinese food to her and a carton of cooked rice at 6 quid a box was the final straw.  She took great pains to tell me that she could buy a sackful in China for that.

So thankfully she wants to stay here as I always have wanted to.

6 months visa are about on par for UK as that is what we give out.  I had several of those before I ground them down and last time got a 12 months one.

Will see what I get in January when I have to re-apply.  Where I live in Zhongshan you cannot get two year ones and I expect it is the same where you are in Shantou.

Willy

Us older ones have to show these young tikes the way here.

Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline JamesM.Roberts

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 12:37:03 pm »
Would like to thank wily for introducing me to the site

I must say Martyn and Wily Willy, that I am envious of the both of you. You found your happiness and didn't let anything stand in your way -Good on you both
Anyone can pick up an apple off the ground, but the sweeter ones take a little work to get to!!

Arnold

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2011, 03:17:04 pm »
First let me say WELCOME to our Forum ! Second , I'm so glad you write Martyn with a "Y" ! One Martin here is enough by any means . ;D
Happy you found us and I'm sure you'll make a lot of Friends here . Also , we like to hear some of your " Loop " jumping and happier moments on your Quest .

Offline martynivy

• concrete jim "hardened criminal"
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2011, 08:26:56 pm »
just a quick note,I like Arnold lost my wife to cancer after 39 yrs of marriage,a short illness,3 months to day from start to finish.Grief can do strange things to the mind,i had lost my right arm and my best friend,suddenly i am on my own,what do i do?stay in,feel sorry for myself or do something about my situation.I could hardly have known what could happen at the start of it all,i had never had a chinese meal,couldn't speak the language,knew nothing about the culture,had never even booked a flight,it certainly gave me new things to think about.
After meeting chung na (ivy) on chnlove (she was the only woman i talked with) the only way i am giong to meet her is to go to china,friends and family were very suspicious and thought it was a scam and one freind suggested thst i would get mugged and murdered at shenzhen airport!! arriving around 15 hrs after leaving heathrow,would she be there to meet me?would she look like her pics?what do ido if it all goes wrong?well it all turned out fine she was there with a big bunch of flowers an interpreter and a car to take me to my hotel which she had booked!
My first trip to china,WOW,went to a tuloh village in the mountains,visited guilin,did the river trip,went to hong kong and spent a fantastic month with my wife to be.
This is a quick note!
To be continued
a wise man never gives advice

Offline Scottish_Robbie

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2011, 08:58:03 pm »
welcome marty... ;D
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" Winston Churchill

Offline Jason B

• Xia and Laura the most beautiful girls in the world
  • Xia - guardian of my heart.
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2011, 09:27:32 pm »
Martyn, welcome and I will hopefully come and visit when Xia and I are back in the middle kingdom..........just hope you do not mind the cry of a baby........this maybe in the middle of next year or if her mum comes here the year after.
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2011, 02:10:44 pm »
Welcome aboard Martyn.  I look forward to reading about your experiences.

Offline 2hip

• Red Wabbit
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2011, 03:10:39 am »
Martyn, it's been 2 weeks since your last report.  What are you busy doing? :o

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2011, 08:35:17 am »
Trying to get over his birthday probably. ;D