Author Topic: Back to China  (Read 3117 times)

Offline Jim

Back to China
« on: December 13, 2011, 11:43:35 pm »
well, after having a number of problems the last two years my wife and I have finally gotten it all sorted out.  It did come down to the divorce papers. but she asked that I not sign them. So we spent a few months getting back to why we got married in the first place.  She got a visitors visa to come here but we decided not to waste the money.  Instead we would wait for the spousal visa to come through.  I figure if she got a tourist visa even though we were married, getting a spousal visa would be easy.  Now her new boss steps in.  He promoted her to Director of Nursing for two hospitals in Beijing.  a nice raise and the promise of her own apartment in 6 months.  She told him that she would not be staying but he said he would make it worth her while.  We discussed it and decided that I go to Beijing and live for a year while she saves her money and is able to pay for Qingqings college tuition.  Also my Son in law, my daughter and granddaughters were transferred to Korea for two years.  So it works great for me.  I have found really cheap flights from Beijing to Seoul/ Inchon and back.  They are getting a 4 bedroom house there so we can go there for any length of time and they can stay with us to Visit China.  Last time I stayed for 3 months and got homesick after the first two months but at least this time I will have my girls and they can meet and get to know Gina's family.  I first need to get my medical crap straightened out then, go.  They are scoping my stomach on Friday and then on the 13th of January they are doing another MRI on my brain again.  Hopefully it comes back clear or we will know what is causing my problems. Martin aka Dinger tells me they wont find anything in my head because there is nothing there to begin with. lol.  I tend to agree.
It has been a long road for her and I.  Our main problems have stemmed from misunderstandings and cultural differences. But, we finally got it down to do we love each other enough to work through them.  So I suggest you all get that commitment before you get married.

Arnold

Re: Back to China
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 11:54:34 pm »
Jim , hope your Test come out "Empty" ooops .. I mean clean and it's good to hear you have decided to go back together . Being through so much , you deserve Peace and Love of the greatest kind .

Offline Buzz

• XiuRu Zhang
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 10:19:56 pm »
Great news Jim.  I keep thinking that I will make it to Atlanta some time and meet  you,   did get to San Diego a couple of weeks ago, but spent all my time with my new grand daughter.  I am wishing you the best on your medical issues and hope that you can get to your wife soon.   buzz 

Offline shaun

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 05:12:20 am »
Jim I'm happy to hear the news about you and Gina.    I hope your medical issues are resolved soon an that you are perfectly healthy.

Offline Scottish_Robbie

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2011, 09:59:13 pm »
Jim.. happy to hear the news about you and Gina.  hope the medical works out for you too
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" Winston Churchill

Offline Jim

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2011, 11:08:33 pm »
Spent the whole day in the hospital on Thursday.  Did a scope down my throat into my stomach and found two tumors so they did a biopsy on both.  They told me it will take up to two weeks to get me an answer.  I think it is stupid to take that long.  But leave it to the government to take its time on every damn thing.
Thanks for the support guys.  I appreciate it.

Offline Scottish_Robbie

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2011, 11:38:27 pm »
I get op on my neck on 22nd, to clear the blockage that was found. ???
i have had more hospital visits the last two years than the rest of my life put together... :-\
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" Winston Churchill

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2011, 03:22:40 am »
I get op on my neck on 22nd, to clear the blockage that was found. ???
i have had more hospital visits the last two years than the rest of my life put together... :-\

How come you get all that. That's preferential treatment. They have never given me an operation! :o

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2011, 03:21:45 pm »
Best of luck Jim with everything. We all deserve our shot at happiness.
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline Jim

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2011, 09:40:28 pm »
Hey Buzz, I certainly understand about the grandchildren.  I have moved back to Savannah to stay with my daughter and granddaughters until she leaves for Korea to join her husband there.  Honestly that is one of the reasons I decided to go to China. I found really cheap fares from Beijing to Seoul so I can go and spend time with them there.  The last time I was there, after the second month I was getting homesick for the States.  This time she wants me for a year.  It might be ok because of my family there plus they can come to China to meet her family and her family can meet my kids.  It should get us all a little closer.  My ten year old granddaughter is the apple of my eye.  She and I are really close.  She actually sat on my lap today crying, saying she didnt know how she could say goodbye to me.  I of course explained all of the good things that she will see and learn so she was better.
Also for those who know my story, Qingqing actually got a full time job at the hospital where her mother works. So we will see how long she will last.  She is still doing some modelling,  and making good money for it there but not enough of them and Mama finally finally told her no more supporting and that she was old enough now to get her own job. (Thats one of the things we worked out).  I told Gina that I would not support Qingqing as she was 20 years old now and old enough to earn her own way.  I believe a person that age should be earning her own money if she is not in school.  I would not mind helping her out if she was going to college. But hanging around the house waiting for Mama to come home and make her lunch and dinner doesnt cut it with me.  This younger generation of children in China are really being spoiled by their parents.  It stems from the one child law.  My five year old neice is still fed by her Mama.  I can see cutting her food up and all but not spoon feeding her. I saw that all over when I was there.  My sisters daughter went to China for four months to study Mandarin and lived with a family while there with the Falcon program from Cornell University said she saw the same thing with the families she met there.

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2011, 10:30:48 pm »
Good luck to I always enjoy reading your stories! I hope this text story continues to get better and better!