Author Topic: USA Work Visa  (Read 1503 times)

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
USA Work Visa
« on: December 13, 2011, 11:09:43 pm »
Was talking to a friend of mine in London last night. He tells me that the USA is not giving visa's to people who want to work there.  His son is there at the moment but he has been told that his visa will not be renewed and that he has to leave the Country in a month or so's time.

It is to keep jobs for Americans only.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
Re: USA Work Visa
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 06:49:20 pm »

* Ministers of Religion: for those people coming to fill a vacancy as a Minister of Religion, Missionary or Member of a Religious Order *

Now I understand why every other West African I met there was a Pastor or Reverend.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Vince G

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 09:41:38 pm »
Same here? They rent out a store front in the local shop centers. There's one every 50 feet?

Offline 2hip

• Red Wabbit
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 03:24:28 pm »
Willy, I work for a major hospital in Northern California.  I would say 70 percent of the employees are asians.  Even within my own department we have two people who are apprentice clinical laboratory scientists.  They never did a lick of schooling in the USA.  Never had to try and get into a training program...which is the true bottle neck due to lack of funding for training students.  They did the "challenge the test" type of routine.  All of these people are Filipino.  Love them all.  But I am not so stupid as to not understand what it has done to the kids who are trying to get their own careers going.  Due to all of these immigrants coming in the training programs shut down because there wasn't a need to fund them when there was adequately trained personnel to absorb the jobs.

don't even get me started on the catastrophic problems of illegal immigration in the United States.